Słash

Member Picture Thread

31 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, but if Powerage was as tall as I thought he was, Graeme would be like 2m10. I guess it's like celebrities. You always think they're tall, until you see them in real life.

I kind of expected him to be taller, too, after having seen pictures of him together with his mother. Really puts tings into perspective.

31 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, but if Powerage was as tall as I thought he was, Graeme would be like 2m10. I guess it's like celebrities. You always think they're tall, until you see them in real life.

I kind of expected him to be taller, too, after having seen pictures of him together with his mother. Really puts tings into perspective.

12 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Does you current Avatar not prove that point?

LOL

I'm pretty sure thats 70s :lol:

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Really puts tings into perspective.

yes blud :lol:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I've just come to expect that everyone is going to be short.

So how tall are you? Sorry, just being curious :)

58 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Graeme is really tall so it probably makes @Powerage5 look smaller than he is. 

55 minutes ago, Lio said:

I'm about 5'10", which is about 1.75 meters. Not short, but not really tall either. 

• Thanks 1

Never seen the big deal with being tall myself, you crack your head on things, you're as graceful as a fuckin' baby elephant and people tend to start on you more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Never seen the big deal with being tall myself, you crack your head on things, you're as graceful as a fuckin' baby elephant and people tend to start on you more. 

It would be so handy if everyone put their height under their avatar.

It's a bit odd, sometimes I see a woman and think: Wow, she's really tall. And then it turns out she's as tall as I am :lol: I don't like that you can't really hide when you're tall. You always stick out. (I'm not a giant btw, only slightly taller than Powerage.) No one will lift me on their shoulders like you see at concerts :( But I'm tall enough to look over many people's heads :) So it has pros and cons.

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

It would be so handy if everyone put their height under their avatar.

Sure, if knowing people's heights is important. Don't see why it is, though? 

I live in a country of giants, I don't like feeling short, which I sometimes do over here even though I'm 190 cm. I only ever feel tall when I'm abroad.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Sure, if knowing people's heights is important. Don't see why it is, though? 

No, it's not. It wasn't a serious suggestion. I sometimes get curious though.

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Holy shit, I forgot to post that picture :lol: 

We never made any arrangements to meet up, even though I did end up flying into Glasgow to stay with a friend for the night. He was showing my around the city, and this guy comes up to me and says "You're Dan, right?". Turns out it was @Graeme. So we did meet up briefly, by total coincidence :lol: 

stKXrgV.jpg

Damn, what are the chances of that, really. That's awesome.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

So how tall are you? Sorry, just being curious :)

1.91 (6'3).

It's fun when I'm in México, because I'm usually head and shoulders above pretty much everyone, going to concerts is great.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Graeme said:

1.91 (6'3).

It's fun when I'm in México, because I'm usually head and shoulders above pretty much everyone, going to concerts is great.

I'm probably the size of one of your legs i'm only 5'4

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

It's super important, actually. If you're not very tall you go to hell when you die, God told me.

P.S. I'm as graceful as a baby elephant if baby elephants were the kings of gracefulness, you uncouth little tyke.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm probably the size of one of your legs im onoy 5'4

That's my height!! You're tiny 🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, janrichmond said:

That's my height!! You're tiny 🤣

Yeah i'm like a white Prince just less talented and can handle my drugs 

• Haha 3

That's brilliant. A tiny bit like the time @GivenToFly found me in Manchester railway station. I was wearing my forum tshirt at the time, which narrowed me down to one of three women on the planet. :lol: 

On 4/9/2019 at 11:18 AM, Lio said:

It's a bit odd, sometimes I see a woman and think: Wow, she's really tall. And then it turns out she's as tall as I am :lol: I don't like that you can't really hide when you're tall. You always stick out. (I'm not a giant btw, only slightly taller than Powerage.) No one will lift me on their shoulders like you see at concerts :( But I'm tall enough to look over many people's heads :) So it has pros and cons.

Same.  :) 

I play volleyball, so it has more pros than cons.  I can reach stuff, too.  

10 hours ago, triad said:

Same.  :) 

I play volleyball, so it has more pros than cons.  I can reach stuff, too.  

:lol: The times I've had people ask if volleyball or basketball was nothing for me. Sadly, I'm really bad at anything involving sports.

But yes, true, it is handy to be able to reach the highest shelves :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

:lol: The times I've had people ask if volleyball or basketball was nothing for me. Sadly, I'm really bad at anything involving sports.

Same here.  i love boxing and football but fuck asking me to actually do any of it :lol:  I was terrible at football, like REALLY bad, put people used to go round me like nothing and nutmeg me and all sorts of shit and I must've been (and perhaps still am!) a really egotistical bastard because I could never handle it, I could never handle 'ahhhh, you got fuckin' 'megged', I'd wanna fight em.  I didn't mind being shit, its the way they mug you off for it that used to piss me off.  And boxing, went to the gym a fair few times but fuck getting in the ring and actually getting punched in the face, I was great on the bags and doing the running and drills and all that, the bags don't hit you back y'see :lol: Used to muck around with cricket a bit but I knocked it on the head after I caused three very big older lads to have a very serious grudge with me after I took the piss out of them too hard when they weren't no good, very narrowly survived a serious kicking, were it not for my big brother.  One of em caught up with me and slapped me around a bit in local shopping centre.  

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

One of em caught up with me and slapped me around a bit in local shopping centre.  

I have a mental image of you taking a leathering from an enraged posh boy in a cardigan:

s7-1312373_alternate10?$rla10_506_630$&c

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I have a mental image of you taking a leathering from an enraged posh boy in a cardigan:

s7-1312373_alternate10?$rla10_506_630$&c

I wish they were, it woulda made for a better story, as it was they were two lads of south asian persuasion or as Tommy Robinson likes to call them ‘of muslim appearance’ :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

6 hours ago, Lio said:

But yes, true, it is handy to be able to reach the highest shelves :)

That's surprising since you do anti gravity kung fu lol

Sports can be fun to do but just watching is so boring. I can't relate to people being way into spectating. I was hounded to do rowing and rugby for the longest fucking time. People are obsessed with rugby here it's kinda ridiculous. We are the best though which is cool I suppose.