Brain & Melissa Perform Sorry & If The World Remix (Pro-Shot)

Not really my thing, as you would expect but I definitely didn't hate it. Funny thing is, their version of sorry is actually close to what people listen to these days, Sia, Lorde etc. 

I personally don't think that a remix of CD by other producers etc should be classified as a GNR album, and I don't think it should get a release under the name. 

Finally, if this is the next album, I officially throw my hands up in the air and accept that I have no idea what's going on with this band, and that they give zero fucks about pleasing their fanbase. I mean I think it's kinda cool that they might consider releasing something like this in a "I don't care what you think, I'm the artist, I can and will do whatever I like" I know Billy Corgan just made that point, but it's my own opinion too having thought it for years and years. Please GNR god, please let the next release be an album that is mainly a traditional rock group format gtr, bass, drum, keys, even if that includes the synths and samples on top. 

As a completist I might buy something like this, but I can't see other people less into Guns, who don't like pop or EDM going for it. 

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Not really my thing, as you would expect but I definitely didn't hate it. Funny thing is, their version of sorry is actually close to what people listen to these days, Sia, Lorde etc. 

I personally don't think that a remix of CD by other producers etc should be classified as a GNR album, and I don't think it should get a release under the name. 

Finally, if this is the next album, I officially throw my hands up in the air and accept that I have no idea what's going on with this band, and that they give zero fucks about pleasing their fanbase. I mean I think it's kinda cool that they might consider releasing something like this in a "I don't care what you think, I'm the artist, I can and will do whatever I like" I know Billy Corgan just made that point, but it's my own opinion too having thought it for years and years. Please GNR god, please let the next release be an album that is mainly a traditional rock group format gtr, bass, drum, keys, even if that includes the synths and samples on top. 

As a completist I might buy something like this, but I can't see other people less into Guns, who don't like pop or EDM going for it. 

I dont think it would be, it would be like the stuff that Calvin Harris does.  Like Calvin Harris Ft. Hurt on Under Control or Calvin Harris Ft. Florence Welch

So the album could be a brain album and the songs be FT Axl Rose for those remixes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

I dont think it would be, it would be like the stuff that Calvin Harris does.  Like Calvin Harris Ft. Hurt on Under Control or Calvin Harris Ft. Florence Welch

So the album could be a brain album and the songs be FT Axl Rose for those remixes

Yes, that could be a way for Axl to release those remixes if he wants to, since releasing them under the GnR name isn't really an option anymore after the reunion (even though it is technically) .

I absolutely love this and I'd be down to hear a remix of CD by Brain and Melissa. I'm always looking all over for remix versions of GN'R songs and this has to be one of the best. And this really shows how talent they both are, especially Melissa on vocals, granted they may have been some autotune in there.

Not the best electronic pop-oriented stuff I've heard, but it sounds okay. Both Melissa and Brain are obviously quite talented. Nice to see them out and about doing these kind of things. 

On a side note: that announcer sounded a bit like Kurt Loder, to me :D

Edited by jekylhyde

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 5:39 PM, Derick said:

Melissa and Brain Clippers Halftime show November 27th 2017.

This time: Sorry ,Better and If The World

At the Forum last night during Melissa's introduction, Axl mentioned this and said "Youtube that shit"

Very pleased to hear the Better Gone remix that leaked a few years ago.

Cool to know they're testing the waters with these remixes. A possible release would do well after the success of the tour-- if nothing else it's getting the songs out there.

--and bonus points for Roddy--

Edited by doakes