New Slash album might be coming out this year

37 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The only reason this would happen instead of a GNR album is because Axl is tied up with writing an ACDC album right now. IMHO atleast.

Axl would sooner be sitting on the beach somewhere while Angus writes all the songs.

I think for the sake of solidarity, Axl should guest on the new Slash album and Slash should guest on the new ACDC album

I'm guessing there's no new GNR album because they couldn't get Izzy to stick around - Slash probably wouldn't feel comfortable writing GNR material without Izzy having a part in it

Edited by TheSeeker

Hey, if Guns aren't gonna do a record then SMKC may as well do something. I just don't see where they can fit it all in though. Myles has just put out a record and is promoting it for a good portion of this year, 2019 is already taken up with the writing and recording of the next AB record, and Slash will be busy from May through the summer with GNR. Even if they do manage to write and record a record when are they going to promote and tour it? 

Also, with Slash out playing with GNR again, SMKC are no longer the next best thing for most fans so I can't see the demand being as big as it was in 2014/2015 when they were super hot and picking up a lot of traction. I think they'll do good numbers but I think with Slash being back in GNR there is now a definitive ceiling of how far SMKC can go. 

Missed opportunity for GNR though.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Muddy said:

I think Smkc was like a tamed , pop rock version of Snakepit. Apocalyptic Love sucked IMO and WOF had a few good songs , but nothing spectacular .

I think the reason SKMC had as much draw as it did was because GNR wasn't active with the core members so the fans took what they could get . Now I think it would be hard for smkc to fill theaters.

i think the earliest we're gonna hear a new GNR album is gonna be 2021/22

I'd argue the opposite, Slashs profile and name is now bigger than ever. SMKC most likely is going to benefit largely by Slashs stint in GNR

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Was hoping for another album similar to his self-titled with a slew of guest vocalists..but there'll be at least one track from this album that'll get radio play.  Might even inspire Axl to get back into songwriting.

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The only reason this would happen instead of a GNR album is because Axl is tied up with writing an ACDC album right now. IMHO atleast.

Or because Axl has no interest in releasing anything. :shrugs:

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

I think for the sake of solidarity, Axl should guest on the new Slash album and Slash should guest on the new ACDC album

I'm guessing there's no new GNR album because they couldn't get Izzy to stick around - Slash probably wouldn't feel comfortable writing GNR material without Izzy having a part in it

He wrote a "GNR" album that both Axl and Duff rejected after Izzy left. 

• Like 1