New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

7 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Forgive me but has this from Evo been discussed? The guy seems legit, also claims to have Jackie and Atlas and says maybe something by the holidays/January

"Oh and btw, 
Everyone in the band wants to do an album. 
Slash pasted his tracks on a bunch of CD leftovers that were going to be on GH2.
Ringo Starr's son is on The Children of The Revolution GNR cover.
AC/DC wanted to do an album with Axl but this Back In Black lineup reunion came to the studio.
Axl DC may be still a thing though. Brian can't do a full set.
Shadow is new."

He could have formulated some of those points from any number of forums such as this. Its not insider news by any stretch.

11 hours ago, Creed said:

a cover album is as ridiculous as a live album.

I personally don't think a live album would be ridiculous - especially from a business standpoint.  "The first live album since the legendary guitarist Slash rejoined with Axl Rose", I can see the marketing now.  A Blu-Ray/CD set of the Dodger Stadium 2016 shows would be kickass

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

GnR has released one album of new material in the last 27 years. In those 27 years they have released live albums, a covers album, a greatest hits album and a box set with no new material.

They released an album 10 years ago.

Give us a live album/Blu-ray combo in early 2019 and a new album in late ‘19/early ‘20, then tour.

4 hours ago, Apollo said:

There is no way that GnR should release a live album....or a live album with yet another cover song - before they release new music (or music we haven’t heard before). 

Although really I feel like if there is one time for GNR to release a live album it is right this very moment - right when they are gearing towards completion of the biggest and arguably most important tour they have done since 1993.  

Especially when the most "recent" official live documentation of GNR is Appetite for Democracy with Ashba and BBF, a live documentation of the first tour with Slash back since 1993 would be a smart and logical move and would further capitalize on the hype of Slash's recent return, which is something that in terms of being able to hype as something that is fresh and exciting, definitely has its time limits

Edited by WhazUp

Guns N' Roses Discography since the mid-90's:

Oh My God (1999, single) 

Greatest Hits (2004, compilation) 

Chinese Democracy (2008, studio album) 

Chinese Democracy (2008, single) 

Better (2008, promo single) 

Street of Dreams (2009, promo single) 

Appetite for Democracy (2014, concert film) 

Appetite for Destruction (2018, remastered album)

Shadow of Your Love (2018, single) 

Welcome to the Jungle (2018, promo single) 

Move to the City (2018, promo single) 

November Rain (2018, promo single) 

Edited by Sosso

12 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Forgive me but has this from Evo been discussed? The guy seems legit, also claims to have Jackie and Atlas and says maybe something by the holidays/January

"Oh and btw, 
Everyone in the band wants to do an album. 
Slash pasted his tracks on a bunch of CD leftovers that were going to be on GH2.
Ringo Starr's son is on The Children of The Revolution GNR cover.
AC/DC wanted to do an album with Axl but this Back In Black lineup reunion came to the studio.
Axl DC may be still a thing though. Brian can't do a full set.
Shadow is new."

Axl/DC is done

I've seen a couple of people refer to a "BIG" announcement and I feel the need to remind everyone that no one has said there's rumors of a "BIG" announcement. There are rumors of "AN" announcement, but none of us have claimed it's big. 

The smart money continues to be on this T Rex cover and a live album. I just wanted to mention that again because if / when a live album is announced, I don't want anyone saying we claimed that would be a big announcement. 

• GNFNR 3

Yes, the live album is probably it.
Let's see, how could they ruin that one?
- It won't include any or just very few of the more interesting things that could be on there: Chinese songs with Slash/Duff, the covers, guests like Angus, Dave Grohl, Coma, Slither, Shadow of your Love.
- It won't be a "Best of" of various shows, just a single show with bad vocals.
- No Blu Ray/DVD to go along with it.

Anything else? ;)

Edited by El Guapo
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yes, the live album is probably it.
Let's see, how could they ruin that one?
- It won't include any or just very few of the more interesting things that could be on there: Chinese songs with Slash/Duff, the covers, guests like Angus, Dave Grohl, Coma, Slither, Shadow of your Love.
- It won't be a "Best of" of various shows, just a single show with bad vocals.
- No Blu Ray/DVD to go along with it.

Anything else? ;)

As long as its a Blu Ray of a 2016 USA show I'm happy

The GH with a couple of reworked tracks rumour has been around since 2016.

So either GH with a few reworked songs or live show Bluray/audio with some reworked songs bonus disc. T-Rex cover is pretty much a definite at some stage in 2019. 

I just thinks its too early for a whole album.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

But why? CD has another 2 CD'S worth of left overs wouldn't take long to past the current line up on to it 

I have heard there's over 100 unheard songs they are probably not complete from a good source. But I just don't think they have had enough time for Axl to put it together to release it in 2019 hope am wrong mate.

I could care less about a live album from the NITL tour.. The only way they can really make it sound good is if the doctor the shit out of the vocals. I would love a Blu Ray though. You can really get into the vibe of the shows and concentrate on other things than Axl vocals when he is struggling..

Now a live album from the classic era would be something special. Or a Blu Ray from that era as well. I would take those any day over something from NITL.  Getting some of that stuff out there needs to happen. Such a waste.

• GNFNR 1