New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

4 hours ago, Andrew07 said:

i noticed this thread like disappeared one day and then came back? i was surprised cause the rumors were debunked to be fake for sure but what happened now? 

I don’t think anything has been debunked as far as an announcement happening in January? I think it’s still a rumour at this stage!

1 minute ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Brain has a more modern feel, Sorum does as well. Frank just sounds bad, tone and speed wise to me recently

This. Brain is the definitive modern drummer and he sounded fantastic on the old songs, skills, groove and feel wise. 

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

This. Brain is the definitive modern drummer and he sounded fantastic on the old songs, skills, groove and feel wise. 

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I don't think Frank is a bad drummer, he sounds great on 2009-12 shows. I just think the NITL tour he sounds bad to me. Rocket Queen during the 2010 tour is great to listen to, same with most of the big hits. Not sure what's happened recently

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Brain has a more modern feel, Sorum does as well. Frank just sounds bad, tone and speed wise to me recently

In my opinion Brain plays the old songs too unfaithfully. It does sound modern, but he takes it too far. Frank plays the old songs more faithfully compared to Brain, but he also makes the dated sounding parts on for example NR and DC sound a little bit more modern. So in my opinion he's a good mix of old and new. And on the CD album I prefer Franks playing cause he just rocks more. Brains playing sound more like pop-music or something on the album. 

But it's all a matter of taste. Though Frank should not be blamed for the speed issues. It's the band that decides the tempo. Frank just plays in the speed that he's been told to play.

5 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Hahahaha... Did you paste and copy this from Axl?

People who are musically deaf like Frank. People who are ruined by their abundant knowledge about musical theory also like Frank.

The wannabies, those retards that think Bucket>Slash/Hendrix etc for some reason also like Frank.

The rest of us, the VAST majority I think, would like Sorum or some other dead on rock n roll-drummer.

Cool story bro!

21 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

Drums were always the least important part in this band. 
GN'R without duff is a bad idea,
GNR without Slash is not as good 
GN'R without Izzy doesn't go anywhere.
GN'R without Axl is something beyond imaginable
but who cares about the drums? 
SCOM has drums that even a child can play. I don't even play the drums and i know how to play this song
IMHO the best were Matt Sorum n' Mantia, but even they didn't manage to be a cornerstone in the band.

One thing i might add is that Ferrer doesn't sound as heavy as Cooper's drummer, nor for ozzy's one. 

There's no such thing as a good band with a shit drummer, musically the drummer dictates the way the music sounds, there's an old saying in rock 'you're only as good as your drummer'.  Simplicity of the music means nothing, its about the way in which a given drummer plays the stuff, however simple it is.  GnR were never really danceable, never really nod-your-head-ish without Stevie Adler.  He ain't the best drummer in the world or even the best drummer for every style but for that Appetite style rock he was perfect. 

Take any band in history, the great bands, take away their drummer, put someone knew in and see how they sound, like The Stones without Charlie Watts would flounder, Led Zeppelin without Bonzo would lose their power, The Who with Moon would (and did) lose their engine, they never quite sounded like The Who again, The Clash without Topper Headon would (and did) sound ordinary.  Rock music is a format that typically comprises of 3 or 4 musicians, with such limited personel every element is important, most of all the beat keeper, its the bones of the music.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

There's no such thing as a good band with a shit drummer, musically the drummer dictates the way the music sounds, there's an old saying in rock 'you're only as good as your drummer'.  Simplicity of the music means nothing, its about the way in which a given drummer plays the stuff, however simple it is.  GnR were never really danceable, never really nod-your-head-ish without Stevie Adler.  He ain't the best drummer in the world or even the best drummer for every style but for that Appetite style rock he was perfect. 

Take any band in history, the great bands, take away their drummer, put someone knew in and see how they sound, like The Stones without Charlie Watts would flounder, Led Zeppelin without Bonzo would lose their power, The Who with Moon would (and did) lose their engine, they never quite sounded like The Who again, The Clash without Topper Headon would (and did) sound ordinary.  Rock music is a format that typically comprises of 3 or 4 musicians, with such limited personel every element is important, most of all the beat keeper, its the bones of the music.

The Drummer dictates the rhytm, and may influence in the guitar n' will for sure influence in the bass. He'll Influence, not dictate. 
Simplicity in the music sometimes means you don't have that much knowledge in what you're playing, like where to add a note or two that'll change the sound of what you're playing,  a circle of fifhts (if you're playing guitar) or a simple fill (in case you're in the drums).  Sometimes, less is more, indeed. Dragonaut has a two note riff that I consider THE BEST OF ALL HISTORY.  But, comparing Adler to Matt Sorum is like comparing a Playstation 1 Controler to a Play4's one.

On the bands, yeah...Stones, The Who and last but not least Led Zeppelin are very drummer based, specially Led Zeppelin, wich their "heavyness" was Bonzo. But Take Sabbath for example - No Doubt that Appice and Cozy Powell were better than Bill. And then, I can agree that Adler n'  bill have something in common - They make us feel like the band is complete, whatever they were the best or not.

IMO, drums are the heart of the band, but not their bones. Some of my riffs are only brought to life by the drums. 

52 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

Hahahaha... Did you paste and copy this from Axl?

lol  That is exactly what I was thinking. People get brainwashed from the couple of baffling interviews Axl did in teh 2000's. I think the same thing every time someone uses "Axl's vision" as a justifiable reason for him destroying the band. 

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

lol  That is exactly what I was thinking. People get brainwashed from the couple of baffling interviews Axl did in teh 2000's. I think the same thing every time someone uses "Axl's vision" as a justifiable reason for him destroying the band. 

Nothing I said has anything to do with anything Axl has ever said, but feel free to talk nonsense like a buffoon if that's your thing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I stroll in here thinking maybe some new rumor came up because of the 4 new pages in the past week or so... 

but we’re arguing about Frank again 🤦🏻‍♂️

and the sad think is that all want to have reseon about the best drumer for GNR...........in rumor topic. What's the fuck !!!

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Who do you think plays guitar on the checkmate clip, Robin or Bucket? I love the riff....if they’d just release that song I would be satisfied 

I think the most educated guess is that the song comes from the same batch of 1999 demos that leaked years ago, that means Robin on guitar and Josh on drums, before Bucket and Brain entered the picture.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

No offence to her but that would of been horrible her and DJ in the same band no thanks 

I dont know if she would be a good fit image wise but I've seen her live with Richie Sambora a few years ago and she kills on guitar, a great blues rock n roll player. 

So whats worse, Orianthi or Melissa?

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

She is a good player I have seen her live a few times with various acts I just think there are better players for Guns that where avalible at that time .

Melissa thankfully just sits in the background pressing a few keys on a keyboard so it's easy to forget she is there 

I saw her with Alice Cooper and she was pretty awesome. Much better than the Nita chick he has now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I stroll in here thinking maybe some new rumor came up because of the 4 new pages in the past week or so... 

but we’re arguing about Frank again 🤦🏻‍♂️

yeah people need to give frank a break.  Hes a good drummer. people shouldnt expect neil peart drumming for gnr lol 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Andrew07 said:

yeah people need to give frank a break.  Hes a good drummer. people shouldnt expect neil peart drumming for gnr lol 

it's not just about technical ability. Some people are just not into Frank's drumming style. Inside of the hard rock style of playing drums there are all sorts of approaches so for example Slash has said Frank's style is nothing like Steven's or Sorum's way of playing.

Personally I think his style is pretty cool. Sometimes it works for me, other times not so much.

22 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Both songs have Jimmy Miller on drums, no Charlie.

No Charlie here as well. Kenny Jones.

Jimmy Miller again here.

Edited by Fashionista

3 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

I think the most educated guess is that the song comes from the same batch of 1999 demos that leaked years ago, that means Robin on guitar and Josh on drums, before Bucket and Brain entered the Picture.

But didnt Duff talk about the song back in 1996? The movie was released back in early 1997, Robin joined after that. It wouldnt make any sense of Calling the song "Jackie Chan" if it was made after the plan of releasing a song for the Movie were scrapped.