Gibbo

DUFF MCKAGAN Says AXL ROSE Has Come Up With 'Some Magnificent Stuff' For New GUNS N' ROSES Album

We call it 'chinese leftovers' and I like chinese leftovers compared to any other person but maybe its the stuff that was intended for CD follow ups. 

I remember when Axl shared in the China Exchange interview that he had played some of his recordings for Duff and Slash. And that Axl felt that they had a positive reaction.

• Like 4

If the Axl material is anything like Catcher, TWAT, Maddy and IRS with Slash and Duffs touch im all for it! Im not really found of anything Slash or Duff have done by their own in the last few years... Slash have lost most of his sleaze rock n roll we used to have on the Snakepit albuns and I was never really a fan of Duffs work aside Believe in Me, Axl may be the savior... If it really happens someday. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seems like Duff must be on board with the Chinese leftovers. Good by me! 

Not me. That's the last thing we need. Original material or nothing.

• Like 1

chinese leftovers please. 

forget any new stuff made from them little jams during the last tour, we can hear them in 20 years time.

mystical songs like Soul monster, Atlas and the General are what we want.

• Like 1

An album of only CD-era tracks would be ideal. Save all the NITL ideas until there's enough for their own album, I don't really want 1 or 2 NITL tracks sprinkled in among 10-12 CD-era tracks.

• Like 2

I know this will sound insane but Axl could have come up with material post CD’s release. I’d consider Chinese leftovers from the 98-02 era. Where as anything Axl created 09-present to be completely new. 

I guess we really won’t know exactly what came from what era when or if it’s released. 

If I’m Axl I hand over melody and lyrics to Slash and Duff from previous sessions and erase everything else to give Duff and Slash a chance to make it a true GNR sound. I think the biggest fear for fans is having Axl force a sound from a previous band on Slash and Duff 

It's never been that band that there's a direct schedule of how we do things."

Now that`s how i know i love GNR:lol:

Soul Monster

Thyme (Tyme?)

Seven

Checkmate/Jackie Chan

The General

Atlas Shrugged

That'd be a pretty killer track list, plus whatever Axl has that we don't know about