Jump to content
downzy

MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

When the new GNR album comes out, we should have a stickied thread with links to the auto-generated content hosted on the official channel, so people won't have to pay to listen to their shit. After all, it wouldn't be illegal since it would be provided by the label and auto-generated by the platform. :lol:

This plan is based on both gnr releasing an album and gnr providing content for their fanbase. Neither of which are particularly likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, username said:

This plan is based on both gnr releasing an album and gnr providing content for their fanbase. Neither of which are particularly likely. 

GNR needs an album to keep the tour and money train rolling. They will release one, and when it does well, it will be auto-generated on the Guns N' Roses YouTube channel. This happened with the AFD boxset, however you can't access the material directly via the channel (they seem to have hidden it). You can still access it when searching for the songs though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Coma16 said:

"Fuck GNR" - Bumblefoot

If bumblefoot was still in the band I'm sure he would have at least say wtf is going on here to management for this

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

If bumblefoot was still in the band I'm sure he would have at least say wtf is going on here to management for this

Bumble knew how things were going and where they were going. he left for good and doesn't want to have anything to do with that pathetic bunch of fat cash grab jerks. no wonder, I would also run away as fast as I could. this is pretty much the same situation as if you spend some time together with a psychopathic girl/boyfriend and after this experience you better forget everything and erase that era from your memory for good, never to return again. 
(let me use this opportunity and say "thank you, Bumble!")

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This band doesn’t deserve an active forum celebrating their legacy. To the mod team, have you guys ever considered focusing on ever making this more of a straight up media centered forum? Putting other sections first and moving GNR to a subsection, changing the title and adding some more sections to Anything Goes, Seen That Movie, etc. 
 

What even is there to talk about GNR in 2019, barring the leaks? Another Welcome to the Jungle performance with two lines of rasp? Another 15 shows with the same setlist and no passion by soulless performers? If they didn’t add Dead Horse and Locomotive, and keep in mind it isn’t always a guarentee they’ll add things (especially considering they’re running out of deep cuts to add), there would’ve been nothing new to talk about over an entire leg. Guns offers almost nothing new or of interest. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This band doesn’t deserve an active forum celebrating their legacy. To the mod team, have you guys ever considered focusing on ever making this more of a straight up media centered forum? Putting other sections first and moving GNR to a subsection, changing the title and adding some more sections to Anything Goes, Seen That Movie, etc. 
 

What even is there to talk about GNR in 2019, barring the leaks? Another Welcome to the Jungle performance with two lines of rasp? Another 15 shows with the same setlist and no passion by soulless performers? If they didn’t add Dead Horse and Locomotive, and keep in mind it isn’t always a guarentee they’ll add things (especially considering they’re running out of deep cuts to add), there would’ve been nothing new to talk about over an entire leg. Guns offers almost nothing new or of interest. 

Yeah it’s not like Axl is sounding amazing or we’re getting new singles every month or a Blu-ray of the tour to justify this shit.

Slash being back is not enough. Give me flying pianos and endless Vegas residences if that allows us to freely share bootlegs again (or even upload fucking videos to YouTube!). Even with all the negative aspects, Gn’R still had a healthy relationship with it’s hardcore fanbase by 2014. Bumble and DJ made that job way easier. 

The reunion was interesting until 2017, after that Team Brazil noticed that they don’t need their hardcore fanbase anymore. We got two free radio streams of their shows back then and we were able to openly share them with the people who didn’t have a SiriusXM subscription. They literally threw us in the trash can after that.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This band doesn’t deserve an active forum celebrating their legacy. To the mod team, have you guys ever considered focusing on ever making this more of a straight up media centered forum? Putting other sections first and moving GNR to a subsection, changing the title and adding some more sections to Anything Goes, Seen That Movie, etc. 
 

What even is there to talk about GNR in 2019, barring the leaks? Another Welcome to the Jungle performance with two lines of rasp? Another 15 shows with the same setlist and no passion by soulless performers? If they didn’t add Dead Horse and Locomotive, and keep in mind it isn’t always a guarentee they’ll add things (especially considering they’re running out of deep cuts to add), there would’ve been nothing new to talk about over an entire leg. Guns offers almost nothing new or of interest. 

Why? I'm sure TB and the trolls would be thrilled to hear that. Getting rid of MYGNR is at least the trolls' main objective.

When I started reading the forum in 2013 there was nothing going on. At some point we didn't even know if GNR was even alive. And even then people had stuff to talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Yeah it’s not like Axl is sounding amazing or we’re getting new singles every month or a Blu-ray of the tour to justify this shit.

Slash being back is not enough. Give me flying pianos and endless Vegas residences if that allows us to freely share bootlegs again (or even upload fucking videos to YouTube!). Even with all the negative aspects, Gn’R still had a healthy relationship with his hardcore fanbase by 2014. Bumble and DJ made that job way easier. 

The reunion was interesting until 2017, after that Team Brazil noticed that they don’t need their hardcore fanbase anymore. We got two free radio streams of their shows back then and we were able to openly share them with the people who didn’t have a SiriusXM subscription. They literally threw us in the trash can after that.

THEY GAVE YOU LOCOMOTIVE AND DEAD HORSE YOU UNGRATEFUL MONSTER! :wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Yeah it’s not like Axl is sounding amazing or we’re getting new singles every month or a Blu-ray of the tour to justify this shit.

Slash being back is not enough. Give me flying pianos and endless Vegas residences if that allows us to freely share bootlegs again (or even upload fucking videos to YouTube!). Even with all the negative aspects, Gn’R still had a healthy relationship with it’s hardcore fanbase by 2014. Bumble and DJ made that job way easier. 

The reunion was interesting until 2017, after that Team Brazil noticed that they don’t need their hardcore fanbase anymore. We got two free radio streams of their shows back then and we were able to openly share them with the people who didn’t have a SiriusXM subscription. They literally threw us in the trash can after that.

But it's not TB keeping us from uploading videos. That's silly. In 2014 the troll was a member on here. He was in MYGNR podcasts FFS. It's silly to think they would give up the fight just because the focus would change. It's not about videos, it's about destroying the forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Walker and Mojo are doing this because they truly believe that when all the "unwanted beavior" stops, GnR will release music again. What fools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a little stressed about accidentally posting unofficial sources. Mostly because how some peoples handles arent straight forward, i.e. "themellisareese" or "GilbyGTR." 

So if someone were to accidentally mistake a YT channel for something official and posted it in good faith, would they be in trouble? I mean by a band other than Guns, thats too scary to risk, but for other bands?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Why? I'm sure TB and the trolls would be thrilled to hear that. Getting rid of MYGNR is at least the trolls' main objective.

When I started reading the forum in 2013 there was nothing going on. At some point we didn't even know if GNR was even alive. And even then people had stuff to talk about.

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. The main GN'R section seems to be alive enough to me,even if we can't embed YouTube videos anymore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lio said:

But it's not TB keeping us from uploading videos. That's silly. In 2014 the troll was a member on here. He was in MYGNR podcasts FFS. It's silly to think they would give up the fight just because the focus would change. It's not about videos, it's about destroying the forum.

What I’m saying is, had this happened in 2014 when Gn’R was a much smaller band, Team Brazil probably would’ve done something about it. They had much more to loose back then. They needed us, who do you think was paying for their half-empty casino shows? And don’t forget the people who are not in this forum (there are a lot of hardcore fans on Facebook groups and other forums).
 

Now they have silly expensive merch and an army full of blind casual fans who will buy and won’t bitch to cover it all up.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flake said:

"I'll repeat: the main priority with GNR these days is to make money.  It's become my impression that concerns about the fans or music in general are a distant priority, if even at priority at all."

 

so you think there'll be no new music?

so you work NOT to make money?  Every bands goal is to make money.  Only the ones that dont, pretend they dont care  about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, soon said:

Im a little stressed about accidentally posting unofficial sources. Mostly because how some peoples handles arent straight forward, i.e. "themellisareese" or "GilbyGTR." 

So if someone were to accidentally mistake a YT channel for something official and posted it in good faith, would they be in trouble? I mean by a band other than Guns, thats too scary to risk, but for other bands?

We have NO intention on punishing the users of the site for accidents like this :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

so you work NOT to make money?  Every bands goal is to make money.  Only the ones that dont, pretend they dont care  about it

My god man, get your head out of your ass. Nobody is begrudging the band to make money. It's only problematic, when that becomes the only/major directive and everything else be damned..

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

so you work NOT to make money?  Every bands goal is to make money.  Only the ones that dont, pretend they dont care  about it

nobody really "works" in the cheap merch brand called GNR. and what @Flake wrote was "primary", not "only". 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, downzy said:

Yeah, I've thought of this, but it's not a cheap proposition.  Moreover, I don't see it necessary since we do not violate any laws or subject ourselves to any civil litigation as we currently operate.  We have zero tolerance policies with respect to distribution of copyright materials and do our very best to enforce them.  Anyone familiar with our reputation outside of this forum can reiterate how we're known for being very strict with respect to policy violations.  

so whats the biggest problem then - to me the only obvious explanation for the behavior of these paid trolls and TB is to hoard and protect axl's shot voice from affecting future ticket sales because all they have left in their pocket is touring before any imminent classic releases, which I wouldn't be surprised if they are buried forever...fucking dicks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, username said:

Maybe Walker and Mojo are doing this because they truly believe that when all the "unwanted beavior" stops, GnR will release music again. What fools. 

Tempting, but I’d say looking for reason or logic existing behind this is futile. In cases like this, it usually goes down to mental issues... and their ventilation/compensation in the external world. One doesn’t have to be an expert to see some strong evidence that this is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

GNR needs an album to keep the tour and money train rolling. 

Nah - they're going to run the reunion tour into the ground over the next decade

Only reason the reunion happened was because Vegas residencies and 3000-seat theaters were all that was left for GNR in 2014

They'll get to that point again, but they can coast for a few years by continuing to whore the reunion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Tempting, but I’d say looking for reason or logic existing behind this is futile. In cases like this, it usually goes down to mental issues... and their ventilation/compensation in the external world. One doesn’t have to be an expert to see some strong evidence that this is the case.

Depressing, but probably true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, username said:

Maybe Walker and Mojo are doing this because they truly believe that when all the "unwanted beavior" stops, GnR will release music again. What fools. 

a psychopath always thinks he's right in what he's doing.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of posting lyrics, the premise that anyone could be held legally responsible for discussing songs is straight up laughable. It would be a waste of everyone’s time in any court setting to pursue action for any of this on any level. The PR damage would be catastrophic to even broach it 

Yeah this band wants to make $. That’s the entire point of this regrouping. Anything new or forward that comes out of this is ancillary. When guarantees get below their time and effort, they’ll pay Izzy, Adler and Sorum and go around again. That being said there is work to that. It’s a big $ maker right now. Doesn’t matter a dime if we support it or not....outside of $1k box sets that were directed at this part of the fanbase 

YouTube is an issue across entertainment right now. The two individuals are just taking advantage of the current situation. Eventually this will all get sorted and the process streamlined. Maybe then we’ll truly know their stance as there’s nothing/no one to hide behind 
 

Keep calling them out for their practices. Do it in their social accounts. That’s the only way to make them raise an eye 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×