The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Because it's not the 2000s anymore ... It's 2020 and they're approaching 60

Why can’t they just release any music? Surely age is not an Impediment?

7 hours ago, Italian girl said:

rhianna  has just said that it's not the moment to talk about new music because there are more important things  to do and to think about. and I definitely agree

Lol, trouble is Guns adopted this philosophy even before Coronavirus 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

There is no new album to release. They don’t care. They don’t need the money. They’re not a band in the traditional sense. They’re a nostalgia act. 

There is music. The trouble is there’s also Axl 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Why can’t they just release any music? Surely age is not an Impediment?

Lol, trouble is Guns adopted this philosophy even before Coronavirus 

Metallica would be around the same age as gnr, and doest stop metallica from releasing new music and touring, video and releasing current shows, releasing soundboard recordings, and their monday streaming of live shows!. 

11 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I wouldn't want that, most bands that do that release garbage music, like Slash. I just want CD II, then Axl can retire for all I care.

Because CD is that great lol

Slash has released more quality music over the years than Axl... but that's not rocket science.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Because CD is that great lol

Slash has released more quality music over the years than Axl... but that's not rocket science.

Well, that's a pointless discussion. It's just a matter of opinion. To me it's for example like this:  OldGuns > NewGuns > Slash's Snakepit > Slash's other stuff
And you'll find a lot of other options here. 

So just cut the crap. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

You’re not getting CD II though lol

Nobody knows, what we're really getting.

1 hour ago, thelostrose said:

Well, that's a pointless discussion. It's just a matter of opinion. To me it's for example like this:  OldGuns > NewGuns > Slash's Snakepit > Slash's other stuff
And you'll find a lot of other options here. 

So just cut the crap. Thanks.

Nobody knows, what we're really getting.

Safe money is on 'nothing' though. 

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right because GN'R can't use the same extremely high bandwidth and remote recording abilities available to every other artist on the planet. 

True but GNR would receive much larger physical sales from an album release due to their older fanbase. 

I understand why they'd postpone any rollout until stores are back open.

In the 2006 radio interview with Eddie Trunk and Axl (among others, great listen if you have the time) Axl said he had at least 2.5 albums worth of material, and they were actually working on new stuff that night, presumably for the third album which apparently was half done then. In the same interview he said CD would be one regular album, not a double, so it was implied CD2 would get its own release, which we know was the intent based on the Axl chats. 

Who knows what was worked on since 2006.

50 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

True but GNR would receive much larger physical sales from an album release due to their older fanbase. 

Nah. Physical sales for every genre and age bracket pale in comparison to online streaming. 

55 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

So as soon as stores are back open we'll see the album released? 

Personally, I think not. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So as soon as stores are back open we'll see the album released? 

Personally, I think not. 

That's the thing, it'll just be another excuse when we're past the virus lock down. 

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing, it'll just be another excuse when we're past the virus lock down. 

Absolutely. It'll be along the lines of 'plans have been interrupted, now we're back to the drawing board looking at how to take the next step'. There may also be 'we owe it to everyone to keep on touring at the moment so we're concentrating on that'. 

• GNFNR 2

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. It'll be along the lines of 'plans have been interrupted, now we're back to the drawing board looking at how to take the next step'. There may also be 'we owe it to everyone to keep on touring at the moment so we're concentrating on that'. 

Yuuuup. 2021 will VERY LIKELY be a "make-up date" year.  Because they don't want to let down the fans. Because they love us so much.

8 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

We're getting CD II with reworked music, as Axl explained in 2016.

I don't think that's correct. So far, we've gotten info about Axl's "tons of material", yes, but also about guys working on new ideas separately (and perhaps together as well). The result should be a mixture, which would be cool and the best solution for the "first" reunion album imo. 

6 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't think that's correct. So far, we've gotten info about Axl's "tons of material", yes, but also about guys working on new ideas separately (and perhaps together as well). The result should be a mixture, which would be cool and the best solution for the "first" reunion album imo. 

If you think modern Axl is going to write great lyrics then more power to you, I don't share your optimism. Personally I think this concept of there being all new songs is mostly Slashite delusion because some can't handle the fact that there's unlikely to be completely new original collaborations between Axl/Slash. Axl only mentioned what he already had done in 2016, and besides Slash saying he writes ideas for new GNR songs in 2018 (which wouldn't imply that Axl is writing new lyrics for those ideas), all Slash and Duff have mentioned is Axl's ideas as well.

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

all Slash and Duff have mentioned is Axl's ideas as well.

Slash mentioned 2 new riffs he wrote that he's saving for Gn'R cause they are in the style of Gn'R and even that was a while ago and we know he always comes up with new ideas.

my guess is he expects to be a part of it. Like Bucket and Robin were a part of it when they were in Axl's band. 3 Bucket tunes made it as you probably know and his playing is all over Chinese. You think Slash won't have the chance to do the same? I guess maybe only time will tell.

And old people can write good lyrics too sometimes. (provided they still have something to say as artists and I believe Axl is still capable and he showed interests in writing new lyrics in that China exchange interview)

On 13/04/2020 at 11:40 PM, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

So they should probably promote it using Axl's blueprint from Chinese Democracy;

Random appearance at major festival (Rio etc). Erratic tour in North America and woeful suprise slot at VMAs. Tour bookended by riots and band looks like extras from the Walking Dead.

Silence for 4 years and occasional song leaks through baseball players.  

Random 15 month tour punctated by botched leaks of singles in TV ads and culminating in the leak of entire album.

Final release of album through exclusive deal to spite a major drinks brand via financially distressed retailer during a major recession. No promotion outside of publicly sacking a long standing mod at MyGnR. 

First public appearance since release of said album occuring at LAX and involving a violent altercation. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

Bizarre that this seems far more exciting then the current format of 4 years of the same shows and the occasional new Instagram post of a CGI gun or a skull. 

Axl said at China Exchange: "If he [Slash] and I write something or he wants to play on something we have, it would be great."

This sounds like he'd want to write something new with Slash and also Slash to play on CD era material.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I doubt if there's any real profit for any physical sale. Older fanbase or not, people just don't buy discs anymore. This is not even remotely relevant for any release plan. At best, could be a marketing gimmick.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl said at China Exchange: "If he [Slash] and I write something or he wants to play on something we have, it would be great."

This sounds like he'd want to write something new with Slash and also Slash to play on CD era material.

Which makes a lot of sense in his perspective. Why would he just disregard his own work in unreleased songs? If he doesn't want to use a Robin, Bucket or Paul Tobias written song, it's understandable (but I think it's doable). But Axl wrote songs too, so why not just rework those?

And why not use something Slash came up with? Also, I believe Slash and Duff could use this as a condition in a new agreement or contract dealing with new albums.

• Like 1