North American Tour Dates Announced

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Was it a technical thing or was Axl just being Axl? :lol:

The way I remember it is that they were just jamming the fuck out of NR right before that part and Axl got lost in it. 

I don't think he was mad at all or anything, I think he really thought the song was over. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:09 AM, SoulMonster said:

It is hard to say what of Mike Patton's dissing of GN'R and Axl was based on the truth, something he had heard, or just lies. He liked to stir up shit and went for the provocative angle. Patton would later admit they were like a "gossip column" [Sky Magazine, December 1992].

That being said, he wouldn't be the only one suggesting Axl was losing his hair. In 1996 it was reported he had cut his hair short [New York Daily News, July 11, 1996] and in 1997, Courtney Love -- who wasn't Axl's greatest fan by any metric -- would claim Axl was losing his hair and that this was part of the reason Axl had disappeared from the public eye [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. Of course, Love was trying to hurt Axl (at an opportune time when Axl was apparently in dire straits with GN'R falling apart) by taking a stab at his vanity. Moby was asked about Axl's hair, but would say that Axl always wore a hat around him, so he wouldn't know [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. But Moby would indicate that Axl likely had short hair [Icon Magazine, October 1997]. [Moby would also say Axl was sporting an unkept beard at the time, and indicate it was all to be able to walk around unnoticed.]

Whether this is all just a rumour or actually true I suppose we will never know, unless Axl decides to share. Regardless, it is entirely uninteresting to me.

Any photos of Stuart from last 10 years?  His hair may give us an idea....

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thank you for remembering that about November Rain!!! No one else ever remembers that and everyone thinks I'm crazy! I was with my wife and a friend at the show. I had two other friends in the balcony and then there were two other forum members there too. 

Every. Single. Time. I mention that they didn't do the entire end to November Rain, every one looks at me like I'm crazy!

I remember it super clearly. When they got to the part where Axl would play the piano part that starts the last part of the song, he just got up and walked off stage. I remember Bumble looking super confused and he eventually just started his solo spot when he realized they just weren't going to do the end of NR. 

This probably sounds so dumb but I'm so glad to finally have someone else remember this! 

Haha that is EXACTLY how I recall it. I was looking forward to Axl's super loud ending parts, oh well. At least we got a nice solo by Bumblfoot. I really miss this lineup, they were technically amazing, second only to the 2002 era with Bucket and Brain. My dad and I met Bumblefoot randomly by walking around the streets. Got his autograph on my ticket. I couldn't think of what to say or ask, so I complimented him on his hat. I should of asked him how Bucket's solos he recorded over sounded. LOL

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DK6 said:

I can't believe we've come to this......

We really need some new music to talk about!

Really sure you want new music?    Jovi just released new shit and guess what?  “This sucks....he needs Richie....his voice is shot...blah blah”.   Which is exactly what will happen here. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Original said:

Really sure you want new music?    Jovi just released new shit and guess what?  “This sucks....he needs Richie....his voice is shot...blah blah”.   Which is exactly what will happen here. 

I kind of feel the same way.  It's an uphill battle and has a lot riding against it.  To give it a fair shake, they should probably go with another band name and not even say it's them.  It may totally amaze us but I don't know if we can all let go of our expectations and give them a chance to present to us what they want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Original said:

I would much rather find out one way or another whether a new GNR album will be good or not as opposed to never finding out at all though, that is my mindset

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Original said:

Jon does need Richie and Desmond Child would be handy since he wrote a lot of the hits.

Axl is a level above JBJ lyrically and Axl needs Slash to make a new GNR album successful. And he's got him baby! 

• Like 1

On 20. 02. 2020. at 1:40 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Exactly. It's not even about how good or bad the songs are, it's about the hype. The first album from a reunited Axl and Slash will be huge news, that they can easily promote. Get a single on the radio and they're pretty much set... popularity will sell a lot more tickets than nostalgia.

unfortunately, it will tak A LOT more than just Slash and Axl to record a UYI standard album. This line up doesn't have it.

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

unfortunately, it will tak A LOT more than just Slash and Axl to record a UYI standard album. This line up doesn't have it.

Completely disagree, plus the best UYI songs were the Axl/Slash songs: Coma, Locomotive, Estranged, Nov Rain... I'm sure they could put 10 songs together that would stand up to the UYI material. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Before anyone speculates that the fictional new album is called “2020” and hence why the tour is called thusly, I've got some bad news for you.

Bon Jovi's new album is called... “Bon Jovi: 2020”.

You snooze you lose, Axl!

Blood in the Water... Wasn't that a leak ?

Screenshot_20200221_220723_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Wow 2