NITL live videos on youtube

15 minutes ago, Rayno said:

"Fundraising"? What?

The entire concert industry is out of work for the foreseeable future. Prob something to do with that. People outside of the band and their internal team rely on these tours for income. Venues still have expenses which they now can’t meet. 

Edited by guitarpatch

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Guns should drop a single with a fundraiser to the Troubadour. Immediate media exposure and public good will.

UMG takes that revenue. Guns prob doesn’t see a cent on anything they release for the foreseeable future. That is unless UMG wants to donate proceeds which they would prob just tack on to expenses owed 

Edit: I read that wrong. They could set up a fundraiser where if they meet a goal, they will release something 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Fernando was on discord yesterday doing a voice chat, which confirms its really him obviously. 

From what I've heard, he didn't say anything of substance outside of the fact that he says new music would've been released by now if it wasn't for the virus. That's BS IMO, but it's what he said. 

Discord? Reddit? What does he use Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for? 

Does he not want to use the official Fanclub Nightrain? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Had they just let the YouTube stuff remain online in the first place than most of Fernando's work here would be done already, but alas.

I’d have absolutely no problem if they took things down and replaced it with official versions in its best quality on their channel, but alas 

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Guns should drop a single with a fundraiser to the Troubadour. Immediate media exposure and public good will.

Or do a show. Charge $200 a ticket and let them keep it all. 

All the bands who made it on the Strip should try and help save the Troubadour, Whisky and Rainbow. 

There's plenty of bands GNR, Crue, Poison, Van Halen 

13 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Well he just appeared on Discord and answered questions for over 2 hours and I told him.

sarsad10.png  

Did he respond to that? :lol:

12 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Actually he said they had two hangars loaded with footage from 2000-now and filmed everything. That's when I popped the question about classic era. 

Also said they putting out troubadour asap, ain't bullshitting 

That's great to hear. Now we also know that (part of) the vault is at some airport somewhere.

5 hours ago, SAU3R said:

It doesn't even have to be full concerts.. Just release one song every two days or so from different shows.. Release an interview with the Big 3.. Release interviews with the other band members.. Interview Axl about his time with ACDC

There are so many possibilities, but I'm afraid we'll get what is the least amount of work (which is probably Tokyo or Appetite for Democracy) 

Hope to be proven wrong though and see the Perfect Crime doc up on YouTube next week :D

Remember in 2016 they did those interview clips with Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, and Melissa? Something like that would be cool, like they could record a little video from their homes.

4 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

This was also opted by someone and also the possibility of a paid subscription to get acces to videos and he answered it all. Hopefully someone will write an excerpt of all that was discussed. Critical questions where asked and he answered it all. I have to say that even though I bashed TB a lot too, he didn't avoid answering any hard questions and it really seems that they really wanna close the gap between the band/management and the fans. Which is a good sign and I'm very surprised how open he was. 

That's great to hear, hopefully a sign of things moving in a positive direction.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Total BS. The pandemic has served as a convenient excuse for lack of new music in my view. I’ve heard a rumor that Axl has set some pretty high condition precedents for the record which the label have flatly refused.

What are these conditions?

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Had they just let the YouTube stuff remain online in the first place than most of Fernando's work here would be done already, but alas.

I agree. Everyone would be happy.

Can someone please put pics or something of his conversation here? What else was asked?

6 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Or do a show. Charge $200 a ticket and let them keep it all. 

All the bands who made it on the Strip should try and help save the Troubadour, Whisky and Rainbow. 

There's plenty of bands GNR, Crue, Poison, Van Halen 

I believe those bands will do something. It’s such an iconic place 

More I think about it, if GNR is really ready to release something, tying it into fundraiser goals for the Troubadour and their employees isn’t the worst idea. 

It would certainly get coverage that beneficial for everyone 

Edited by guitarpatch

It seems Fernando is not supposed or allowed to say anything officially so he's talking only "casually" through unofficial channels, like reddit and discord. Btw, the threads Fernando comments or reddit continue to get deleted, so his comments are not visible in the main feed.

• Like 2

Just now, WildStar said:

Fair play. I wonder why. 

I guess we'll all have to keep an eye on MySpace in case Nando pops up there

Personally, I'm expecting a LiveJournal entry soon. 

In all seriousness, if Fernando has actual real news that he wants to share with fans and he's looking to bridge the gap between TB and fans, then more power to him. 

I just hope something comes of all of this instead of people just being led on further in an attempt to sell them anything else but new music. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, registra said:

Reading these forums as much as I have been the last few months, seems to be a pretty common thought process - not held by all btw- that all hardcore GNR fans should be on this forum and that the opinion of fans on this form is somehow more in important than any other GNR community(not necessarily intended in a malicious way or anything, just seems to be a prevalent thought process). I don't know if you've looked at the reddit community but it's a very committed fan base and has been fairly critical of Fernando whenever he does post. The thread on GNR releasing a kids books was brutal as he said, and he's continued to engage with them after that. I don't post there myself, but nothing casual at all about that community. Same with the Discord, although I wouldn't have time for it myself due to the endless and fairly malicious fat jokes.

Not sure why he doesn't post here specifically, but he's definitely engaging with hardcore fans.

I know you weren't addressing me, but I want to throw something in here. 

For the record, I totally agree with you. I hope I've never given anyone the impression that I personally think the forums are any better than reddit, discord or anywhere else. 

I understand how/why forums are a dying platform but I just don't have any interest in following GNR to another platform, then repeating history over and over again lol. 

I've gotten so much out of the forums over the years. I've made a lot of real life friends and had some amazing experiences that I would never have had if it weren't for the forums. Again though, I'm not blind and I realize that forums are a dying platform and they'll be ghost towns eventually. 

When that day comes, I'm good to just move on from the GN'R online community but that'sy own personal decision. I applaud anyone who has the mental strength to follow the band to the next platform(s) but it's just not for me is all. I do use those other sites, just not for anything GN'R related. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Fernando was on discord yesterday doing a voice chat, which confirms its really him obviously. 

From what I've heard, he didn't say anything of substance outside of the fact that he says new music would've been released by now if it wasn't for the virus. That's BS IMO, but it's what he said. 

Lying cunt. New music was not even announced in March but it would've been released by the first week of May?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, registra said:

Reading these forums as much as I have been the last few months, seems to be a pretty common thought process - not held by all btw- that all hardcore GNR fans should be on this forum and that the opinion of fans on this form is somehow more in important than any other GNR community(not necessarily intended in a malicious way or anything, just seems to be a prevalent thought process). I don't know if you've looked at the reddit community but it's a very committed fan base and has been fairly critical of Fernando whenever he does post. The thread on GNR releasing a kids books was brutal as he said, and he's continued to engage with them after that. I don't post there myself, but nothing casual at all about that community. Same with the Discord, although I wouldn't have time for it myself due to the endless and fairly malicious fat jokes.

Not sure why he doesn't post here specifically, but he's definitely engaging with hardcore fans.

I don't disagree, but that's why I also mentioned the band's official platforms via social media or the Nightrain forum or whatever. Not that he needs to come to this specific forum, but he and other band members who have visited this forum and others in the past have a habit of disappearing when somebody says something negative. Discord seems to be an odd one to reach out on when they have a Facebook at the ready to give updates.

If anything, calling the fans in the Reddit thread "brutal" proves my point. He can't handle any sort of negativity. It's like he doesn't even understand why not everybody is on board with his crap. If he can't handle negativity or backlash, then he shouldn't be managing a rock band. Dude needs to get a tougher skin.

(Perhaps a degree in business management as well.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Personally, I'm expecting a LiveJournal entry soon. 

In all seriousness, if Fernando has actual real news that he wants to share with fans and he's looking to bridge the gap between TB and fans, then more power to him. 

I just hope something comes of all of this instead of people just being led on further in an attempt to sell them anything else but new music. 

Yeah that's all good but it'd be nice if he used a platform that more than 20 people use. Especially when 10 of those accounts are the same person looking for a life

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I don't disagree, but that's why I also mentioned the band's official platforms via social media or the Nightrain forum or whatever. Not that he needs to come to this specific forum, but he and other band members who have visited this forum and others in the past have a habit of disappearing when somebody says something negative. Discord seems to be an odd one to reach out on when they have a Facebook at the ready to give updates.

If anything, calling the fans in the Reddit thread "brutal" proves my point. He can't handle any sort of negativity. It's like he doesn't even understand why not everybody is on board with his crap. If he can't handle negativity or backlash, then he shouldn't be managing a rock band. Dude needs to get a tougher skin.

(Perhaps a degree in business management as well.)

Not to completely defend TB but there are plenty of managers for big time acts who didn’t go to college or get business degrees. Plenty of them are long time friends. There’s a level of trust that’s needed here. The most important aspect are your connections in the industry and the ability to build/manage a team of professionals at the highest level. Then you get into servicing the demand of your artist and implementing their plans through your team

The issue has been that they’ve been dipping their toes in facing these fans over the years. You should really be either in or you’re out in that regard on a manger level. It doesn’t help when they’re confronting or can’t handle criticism when they do come around. 

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Did he respond to that? :lol:

That's great to hear. Now we also know that (part of) the vault is at some airport somewhere.

Remember in 2016 they did those interview clips with Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, and Melissa? Something like that would be cool, like they could record a little video from their homes.

That's great to hear, hopefully a sign of things moving in a positive direction.

What are these conditions?

From what I hear it’s regarding the amount Axl has requested for video treatments. Not sure if there’s any truth to it but there has to be a spanner in the works somewhere

Edited by gavgnr