Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

It's funny that they would blame fans for their own communication mistakes. It almost makes me wonder why any of us put ourselves through the abuse of following such an incompetent band and management.

I don't think the issue is with all fans, just certain fans that speak with certainty when there is none.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

There's a remedy to this - it's called "not treating your fans like the enemy"

I have a bad, bad feeling that as soon as this tour is over Axl's going to reform NewGNR with Ashba & Co. and Team Brazil will go right back to shitting all over the past lineups

It takes a big man to own up to his mistakes - Axl and Fernando are not big men

Don't even think about such travesty

Ashba..ewwwwww:bitchfight:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think this post is what Fernando and those within the GNR orbit object to with respect to the forum.

It's not a known fact that Fernando leaked CD demos.  There's a lot of speculation, but no one can be said with absolute certainty.  Hence you're speaking of an assumption as though it were a fact.  

Fernando was confronted on *this very forum* with this excerpt from a 2001 interview he did and he did not deny it when asked if it was true:

What is the reason for the delay of the cd?

It's like whenever he tries to do something, another thing goes wrong. Like if everything was going well, and then the guy that was responsible for any tecnical detail makes a mistake, for example. I'm saying this because I've been with him on the studio and it's like if something was trying to get him out of this project. I heard the new CD and all the songs are beatiful, there are no songs that are there only to fill space. The CD will probably have 16 or 17 songs, and all the songs are very strong. I'm not saying this because I work for him or because I'm his best friend. My friends, for example, when they listen to any of the songs they say it's very beatiful and very good. Catcher in the Rye, This I love, That's Called The Blues, Chinese Democracy, they are all beatiful.

He goes on in the interview to clarify that his "friends" are back in Brazil

The demos were hoarded and shopped around for years by Brazilians

I'm not the only one who noticed this connection

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Fernando was confronted on *this very forum* with this excerpt from a 2001 interview he did and he did not deny it when asked if it was true:

He goes on in the interview to clarify that his "friends" are back in Brazil

The demos were hoarded and shopped around for years by Brazilians

I'm not the only one who noticed this connection

That is not proof that Fernando purposely or neglectfully leaked CD songs.  We've never heard anyone tied to the leaks who has confirmed that they got them from Fernando.  Moreover, speculation is just as strong that the leaks came from Portugal.  We simply don't know.  There were likely many who heard and had access to the material.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think your post is an example of what Fernando and those within the GNR orbit object to with respect to the forum.

It's not a known fact that Fernando leaked CD demos.  There's a lot of speculation, but no one can be said with absolute certainty.  Hence you're speaking of an assumption as though it were a fact.  

Look, I don't agree with everything the band and its representatives say and do.  But let's call a spade a spade. GNR just accomplished one of the most successful tours in history from a financial standpoint.  That's a fact.  We can argue back and forward about the artistic merits of the tour, but it's undeniable that the tour was executed largely without issue or calamity.  At what point, from a business perspective, do we start giving GNR and its representatives credit for the things they do get right?

Agreed, I have said this too. The problem is that fans don't care about the most successful tour etc. maybe we would if it wasn't 10 years (and counting) since the last record. However it is an achievement and should be treated as such that two years on there is still buzz and a interest in seeing GNR in huge venues... the reunion (of sorts) was handled pretty well from a business point of view, creatively it's nothing new... but that unfortunately is what the music industry is today, tour, tour and tour some more and THEN maybe release new music IF you have to.

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

That is not proof that Fernando purposely or neglectfully leaked CD songs.  We've never heard anyone tied to the leaks who has confirmed that they got them from Fernando.  Moreover, speculation is just as strong that the leaks came from Portugal.  We simply don't know.  There were likely many who heard and had access to the material.  

Skwerl said in an interview that Fernando was responsible for past leaks, per an FBI investigation 

Also:

Fernando used to go to GNRsucks.com forum, 2000 intentions, thats how he met the admin there, Lourenco. He gave a cd to Lourenco so he would censor his website just like Here Today Gone To Hell, but the guy tried to sell or trade those tracks and eventually stuff started to leak. Thats how the leaks got to Portugal, thats what i know from it. Got told by a very reliable source.

Fernando pimped out GNR tracks to buy censorship on a GNR fan forum

Fuck him

• Confused 1

This band has, like, the worst management team in the world. Why does Fernando even care what's said about him on a forum unless there's some (mostly all) truth to it? This band has been shitting on their fans for nearly two decades, and now Axl's team decides the best course of action is to attack what remains of the die-hard fan base because we have the nerve to want to hear new music or an occasional update every now and then. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Agreed, I have said this too. The problem is that fans don't care about the most successful tour etc. maybe we would if it wasn't 10 years (and counting) since the last record. However it is an achievement and should be treated as such that two years on there is still buzz and a interest in seeing GNR in huge venues... the reunion (of sorts) was handled pretty well from a business point of view, creatively it's nothing new... but that unfortunately is what the music industry is today, tour, tour and tour some more and THEN maybe release new music IF you have to.

I would say that 90 percent of the fans do care about the most successful tour, just the ten percent - those who frequent online fan communities like this one - place less importance on it versus the prospect of new music.  

The reality is that we matter very little to GNR's operations once the reunion was a go.  That wasn't always the case, which is why the online community was given more consideration when new music was the primary goal.  The 2006 versions of the band needed the passion and enthusiasm of the diehards unlike the 2016 reunion lineup.  

I agree that it would make little financial and personal sense to start with new music and then precede with a tour.  Why risk fragile relationships by working on a new material and all that entails (egos, control, copyright, vision, etc)?  Get the guys out there and gel over past glory while also raking in hundreds of millions of dollars.  It's the smart play and I don't fault them for it.  It was only a few years ago we'd all kill for what we got the last couple of years, save for the lack of new material.  As I said, for 90 percent of ticket buyers, this is the best thing that could happen.  

7 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Fernando pimped out GNR tracks to buy censorship on a GNR fan forum

Fuck him

Again, even if that were true, do you think he was doing this unbeknownst to, and without approval of, his boss?

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

Again, even if that were true, do you think he was doing this unbeknownst to, and without approval of, his boss?

Also, I was pretty sure the SKWRL leaks came from Merck.

So who's in the wrong here - Axl for wanting censorship, Fernando for doing Axl's bidding, or the forum administrators for accepting bribes?

And yeah Skwerl said the FBI concluded his leaks and Fernando's leaks were from different sources

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

So who's in the wrong here - Axl for wanting censorship, Fernando for doing Axl's bidding, or the forum administrators for accepting bribes?

And yeah Skwerl said the FBI concluded his leaks and Fernando's leaks were from different sources

As to your first question, I have no idea since it's still all speculation.  All based on a "reliable" source.  Nothing is traceable back to one person and still based on rumour.

There's nothing in Skwerl's report that indicates that the FBI concluded anything about the leaks, or that one set was definitely the result of actions by Fernando.

Look, I'm not saying that the leaks didn't come from Fernando. The truth is I just don't know.  But neither does anyone else other than the players involved.  Unless you have first hand knowledge, all that you think you know is still based on speculation and assumption.  That doesn't make you wrong, but it is wrong to say that you know for a fact that your assumptions are true.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, downzy said:

There's nothing in Skwerl's report that indicates that the FBI concluded anything about the leaks, or that one set was definitely the result of actions by Fernando.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/index2.php?cs1=31

The GnR Syndicate: Did anybody from the band ever contact you? 

Skwerl: Nope. No one truly authorized to represent the band, besides Axl’s lawyer, who sent a cease & desist. 

I’m sure you guys know about Beta’s kid Fernando. He was actually the first to call me, identifying himself as a member of the “Guns n’ Roses camp. ” Like I said, the songs were long gone, but he wanted to know if I was going to put them back up. I told him I would not. He asked where I got them, and I told them that I didn’t know the identity of my source. The cease and desist came via email shortly after. 

Apparently the FBI questioned Fernando (before me), and he had given them a very different story. He told them that I said I got the tracks from a source at the record label, and he told them that the songs were still online when he called, suggesting that he had something to do with my taking them down. Initially we thought that he had something to do with the leaks (why else would he make so much shit up to the freaking FBI), but when we investigated, he was a dead end. He’s been responsible for past leaks, but not mine. So I don’t know. He may have been trying to play hero to redeem himself, or he may have mistakenly thought he was somehow responsible. I don’t know. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

I would say that 90 percent of the fans do care about the most successful tour, just the ten percent - those who frequent online fan communities like this one - place less importance on it versus the prospect of new music.  

The reality is that we matter very little to GNR's operations once the reunion was a go.  That wasn't always the case, which is why the online community was given more consideration when new music was the primary goal.  The 2006 versions of the band needed the passion and enthusiasm of the diehards unlike the 2016 reunion lineup.  

I agree that it would make little financial and personal sense to start with new music and then precede with a tour.  Why risk fragile relationships by working on a new material and all that entails (egos, control, copyright, vision, etc)?  Get the guys out there and gel over past glory while also raking in hundreds of millions of dollars.  It's the smart play and I don't fault them for it.  It was only a few years ago we'd all kill for what we got the last couple of years, save for the lack of new material.  As I said, for 90 percent of ticket buyers, this is the best thing that could happen.  

I agree with this. I mean it's unfortunate that you're right.

I didn't mean the fans as a whole, just the forum people, but again judging by the people I know; they were baffled as to why it was news that GNR were selling loads of tickets, they didn't care... but the also weren't asking for new music so :D 

End of the day, it's great that GNR are now back closer to the top of the heap and look like they are enjoying each others company! I cannot fault them for wanting to make money as I'd have done the exact same thing in their shoes... and I'd say ta'fuck with the fans, It's time for Tom to get his cash on! :D 

9 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Nothing in your post is definitive proof that Fernando was responsible for prior leaks.  It's Skwerl's opinion, but he doesn't qualify it by explaining how he knows it to be true.  For all we know he's basing his opinion on the same information you're basing your opinion on.

Nor does any of this support your previous claim that "Fernando was responsible for past leaks, per an FBI investigation."  

For all we know, the antiquiet leaks could have come from someone at the record label since they might have been able to identify them through the mix.  Again, there's just not enough information for outsiders like us and even Skwerl to know what actually happened.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Fernando is allowed his opinion. He and his family get a lot of abuse on here. We'd all be the same, its much more personal for him. 

If anything he's a manager that's acknowledging the online communities.. and he helps the fans out in real life. You won't get any corporate  manager doing that or orchastrating for fans to meet Axl..etc 

I guess corporate managers have better things to do than trolling people on the internet. Helping fans? When was the last time he helped somebody? I mean here, not the official GN'R forum. In recent times the only fans who met Axl were those attending AXL/DC shows. Those fans paying VIP packages don't get to meet band members.

Out of nowhere Fernando was ranting on his social media. Calling fans cluless and accussing fans of lack of loyalty. We don't have new music. We don't have news or interviews. They don't want fans. They just want robots spending money on tickets and  a very expensive Box set.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downzy said:

I think your post is an example of what Fernando and those within the GNR orbit object to with respect to the forum.

They can avoid this kind of situations. All they have to do is to issue a stament. And explain what happened. That's the only way to stop rumors and assumptions. Instead we have bullshit like the letter to the President of Indonesia.

• Haha 1

Why does everybody act as if Fernando has called them specifically out? Fernando whined about SOME fans, not all. I am SURE some fans are awful. It is only natural with such a large fan base.

So what if he didn't specify who he was ranting about. Just assume it wasn't you and move on.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why does everybody act as if Fernando has called them specifically out? Fernando whined about SOME fans, not all. I am SURE some fans are awful. It is only natural with such a large fan base.

So what if he didn't specify who he was ranting about. Just assume it wasn't you and move on.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68527.60

He was not talking about them. Yet not even them could get a straight answer about SOYL

And it is not just the "Some" comment it is his whole rant. It is about him. His behaviour. Do you think the manager of GN'R should do what Fernando did?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

IDK, I don’t think that everyone is acting as he was specifically speaking about them..IMO[:lol:] only those who, in fact, fit the description made by Fernando are getting nuts over here. So they try to make it looks like Fernando's talking about ALL the fan base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=68527.60

He was not talking about them. Yet not even them could get a straight answer about SOYL

And it is not just the "Some" comment it is his whole rant. It is about him. His behaviour. Do you think the manager of GN'R should do what Fernando did?

I don't think any manager should be vague in their communication. But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about all the fans who seem to be personally offended by a comment that wasn't necessarily directed at them. 

1 minute ago, Derick said:

IDK, I don’t think that everyone is acting as he was specifically speaking about them..IMO[:lol:] only those who, in fact, fit the description made by Fernando are getting nuts over here. So they try to make it looks like Fernando's talking about ALL the fan base.

Yeah, that was pretty much what I had in mind but didn't want to spell out :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think any manager should be vague in their communication. But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about all the fans who seem to be personally offended by a comment that wasn't necessarily directed at them.

He insulted fans. It doesn't matter to me if he wasn't talking directly about you or me. Later when was called out he came up with "some" :rolleyes:  That doesn't change anything.