Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, SoulMonster said:

He didn't insult me. I am pretty confident he didn't had me in mind, at all. Did he insult you? Surely only if you think what he said was directed at you.

So you just don't care because he didn't mention your name? It was wrong form his part to insult fans, even if it was just some fans. It doesn't matter if those fans are not members of this forum. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Padme said:

So you just don't care because he didn't mention your name? It was wrong form his part to insult fans, even if it was just some fans. It doesn't matter if those fans are not members of this forum. 

I have no intention of defending whoever he spoke out against, simply because I have no idea who they are or what they did. I assume they deserve it. Maybe they didn't. I don't know. In any way this is a situation where I can't take sides. And again, he didn't insult me.

I also don't consider it wrong of him to open his mouth and speak out against fans now and then, some fans are truly shitty, in my opinion, I just wish he would open his mouth and speak a bit more to the not-shitty fans too and not be so fucking vague and oblique. That being said, what is there really to say? It is damn obvious this band has no intention of releasing any new music any time soon and has become a full-on nostalgia act. Do they really need to spell that out for us? To tell it to us? I am not even going to say it is a bad business decision from him to defend himself against some fans, because I don't think it will affect revenues the slightest if a few fans feel insulted. 

So I really don't care about this issue, but I am amused by how so many fans instantly assume he was directed at them and now feel all insulted, especially since may of these fans - I believe - are the same who would regularly refer to his mother as a "nanny from Brazil", openly discredit anything they do despite the fact they might work with the world's most difficult client :lol:, refuse to acknowledge the good things they do, and generally just be entitled, whining internet jerks. 

If I was the manager of TB, I doubt I would be as restrained. 

But don't construe this as some defense of TB's business decisions. Despite the above I don't have any reason to assume they are doing a particularly good job, and as far as the things we can actually know about their job and how they do it -- which isn't a lot -- I think they are downright abysmal in their communication with the fans, displaying an arrogance and take-for-granted attitude that is nauseating. But bashing parts of the GN'R fan base, that is completely acceptable as far as I am concerned :lol:

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have no intention of defending whoever he spoke out against, simply because I have no idea who they are or what they did. I assume they deserve it. Maybe they didn't. I don't know. In any way this is a situation where I can't take sides. And again, he didn't insult me.

I also don't consider it wrong of him to open his mouth and speak out against fans now and then, some fans are truly shitty, in my opinion, I just wish he would open his mouth and speak a bit more to the not-shitty fans too and not be so fucking vague and oblique. That being said, what is there really to say? It is damn obvious this band has no intention of releasing any new music any time soon and has become a full-on nostalgia act. Do they really need to spell that out for us? To tell it to us? I am not even going to say it is a bad business decision from him to defend himself against some fans, because I don't think it will affect revenues the slightest if a few fans feel insulted. 

Funny you claim you have no idea who those fans are. At the same time you mentioned a group of fans being shitty and others not being shitty. You claim it is obvious we will never have new music. I agree with you. However I can make the case that Fernando can call you out. Because in his infinite wisdom, you're just a cluless fan making an assumption. And you are expressing your opion as fact. See what the problem is?

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Padme said:

Funny you claim you have no idea who those fans are. At the same time you mentioned a group of fans being shitty and others not being shitty. You claim it is obvious we will never have new music. I agree with you. However I can make the case that Fernando can call you out. Because in his infinite wisdom, you're just a cluless fan making an assumption. And you are expressing your opion as fact. See what the problem is?

No, I don't see what the problem is with a GN'R manager calling out parts of the fanbase, for the reasons stated previously. Parts of the fan base is practically begging for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't see what the problem is with a GN'R manager calling out parts of the fanbase, for the reasons stated previously. Parts of the fan base is practically begging for it.

I agree. I mean if fans can say things about him his family or the band surely he has a right to say something as well.

From what I read he said some not all.

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The whole fans base is begging for news, interviews and a new album with new songs. And it is out of frustration that they vent against the band and managers.

You don't see the problem? You expressed your opinion regarding lack of new music. Fernando may call you cluless. He could say you're expressing your opinion as fact.

Just now, Padme said:

The whole fans base is begging for news, interviews and a new album with new songs. And it is out of frustration that they vent against the band and managers.

You don't see the problem? You expressed your opinion regarding lack of new music. Fernando may call you cluless. He could say you're expressing your opinion as fact.

Whether the whole fan base is begging for news is irrelevant to the discussion of whether it is okay that Fernando criticizes parts of the fan base. If they can't be mature enough to accept the band doesn't want to talk to them, and instead lash out like little kids in frustration getting all personal with the management who we must assume is acting according to directions from their client, then they even more deserve getting a slap down.

No, I don't see the problem. You are trying to make it sound like it could be that Fernando had me in mind, well, I don't think he did :lol: So no, I am not going to act all insulted because he could have been talking to me -- I am sure he didn't. 

Maybe those who actually believe he was talking to them could take this opportunity to take a hard look at their own behavior, if, as you say, they have been "vent[ing] against the band and managers" "out of frustration"? And maybe stop getting frustrated from something as trivial as a rock band not doing as they want? And especially not take pat in some ridiculous internet war against the management? Call them out for the things we KNOW they do wrong, and for everything else, blame Axl. Is that so hard? 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I don't see the problem. You are trying to make it sound like it could be that Fernando had me in mind, well, I don't think he did :lol: So no, I am not going to act all insulted because he could have been talking to me -- I am sure he didn't. 

No, I just use your comment as a example. Fans have expressed their opinion about different issues. Including the one you mention. Fernando is capable to twist things around. And he would claim fans are cluless. And they are just expressing their opinions as facts

40 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I agree. I mean if fans can say things about him his family or the band surely he has a right to say something as well.

From what I read he said some not all.

Pretty much this. Pointing our finger at someone is easy (It’s “just our opinion”) but when the finger is pointed to us things change(“how dare he do that?” “It’s so wrong!”,”he shouldn’t do that”...).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikosgnr said:

A genuine member of our "little community" I suppose. All he does is whining.

Then nothing is fairer than to give him the irrevocable benefit of "It’s  my opinion." and all the perks from this phrase so used over here.

8 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Fernando was confronted on *this very forum* with this excerpt from a 2001 interview he did and he did not deny it when asked if it was true:

What is the reason for the delay of the cd?

It's like whenever he tries to do something, another thing goes wrong. Like if everything was going well, and then the guy that was responsible for any tecnical detail makes a mistake, for example. I'm saying this because I've been with him on the studio and it's like if something was trying to get him out of this project. I heard the new CD and all the songs are beatiful, there are no songs that are there only to fill space. The CD will probably have 16 or 17 songs, and all the songs are very strong. I'm not saying this because I work for him or because I'm his best friend. My friends, for example, when they listen to any of the songs they say it's very beatiful and very good. Catcher in the Rye, This I love, That's Called The Blues, Chinese Democracy, they are all beatiful.

He goes on in the interview to clarify that his "friends" are back in Brazil

The demos were hoarded and shopped around for years by Brazilians

I'm not the only one who noticed this connection

🤣 lol 

Proof that he lies

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

No, I just use your comment as a example. Fans have expressed their opinion about different issues. Including the one you mention. Fernando is capable to twist things around. And he would claim fans are cluless. And they are just expressing their opinions as facts

This is exactly right and the point I originally tried to make to him, which was, you (the band, management, etc) give out zero information.  When that happens people will gossip and speculate, often inaccurately. So don’t start complaining about something you created and can actually solve (by being more communicative with your fan base). 

I stand by that.

however, it’s veru difficult to determine exactly what or whom he was specifically guided his comments at.  I find it hard to believe he’s be pissy a fan base gossips and gets things wrong.  Surely he’s more intelligent than that.  

My guess he’s a little sour people are supporting Adler so strongly and that’s what he was generally venting about.  But again, ke was so vague and non-specific it’s hard to tell.  

And as I mentioned earlier he would be in a much better position to know the facts of anything related to GnR than most if not all posters here or on any of the forums quite honestly.

Edited by tsinindy

9 hours ago, downzy said:

Nothing in your post is definitive proof that Fernando was responsible for prior leaks.  It's Skwerl's opinion, but he doesn't qualify it by explaining how he knows it to be true.  For all we know he's basing his opinion on the same information you're basing your opinion on.

I would think the guy with an FBI case and a lawyer defending him would know the facts regarding who leaked what

So again I ask you - who's in the wrong:

A. Axl for wanting fan forums censored

B. Fernando for doing Axl's bidding

C. Forum administrators for accepting bribes

?

Also - do you currently or have you in the past allowed MyGNR staff to accept gifts from the band? I may know more than you think regarding this subject.

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Here’s the thing that I think Axl came to understand about the forums. Essentially there are a ton of people coming here who care, but if you aren’t willing or able to share information with these people then stay quiet about it. 

There are going to be things said that you don’t like and maybe they are unfair to whoever they are directed at. But if there’s not a truth to it that you are willing to share then ignore it. 

I’d much rather a management group make us the fans feel stupid by action. Maybe some things we ask for are too much, like new music. We get that Fernando can’t just pull new music out of thin air, or bring Izzy back full time or anything outrageous. But what Fernando can do is show he’s on the fans side and send a nice email to YouTube stating that there seems to be some confusion with some recently blocked videos. Uzi suicidal hasn’t existed in two decades and is not affiliated with the Guns N Roses brand. Come back here or msg the mods and say “hey I sent an email about the recent takedown on some of the videos posted. Hope it helps!” 

If as a manager in the gnr camp you can have some forward positive action going on then the fans will be thrilled! Most people understand your position and you aren’t a magician, but it’s really deflating as a fan to feel like the GNR camp thinks less of their dedicated fans and at times is against them. And yea I see that could go both ways, but we are here. We talk about the band everyday, we buy the merchandise, we go to the shows we don’t expect a whole lot out of you guys. However, you’re the one asking us to buy a $999 box set..so do a better job of selling the brand, and be decent to the “small communities” of gnr fans. 

100% spot on. 

• Like 1

Thanks to @sidman69 for creating this thread, it makes me wonder if this is EXACTLY what Fernando is referring to:

Well that’s interesting lol....

the thread was about Adler claiming that’s not him drumming on Shadow Of Your Love.

second edit:  I see it got rolled into the SOYL mega thread :)

Edited by tsinindy

34 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Thanks to @sidman69 for creating this thread, it makes me wonder if this is EXACTLY what Fernando is referring to:

Well that’s interesting lol....

the thread was about Adler claiming that’s not him drumming on Shadow Of Your Love.

second edit:  I see it got rolled into the SOYL mega thread :)

It sounds fresh recording, only thing "old" in it is Axl singin

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

Again, you're saying you think.  You don't know, and neither does Skwerl.  He never explains his opinion as it relates to Fernando and how the original leaks came to be.  Yes, there was an FBI investigation in Skwerl.  No where does Skwerl (or anyone else for that matter) suggest that the FBI investigation included looking into the previous leaks.  So it's disingenuous to present Skwerl as an authority on the previous leaks.  Again, it doesn't mean he or yourself are wrong.  Maybe Fernando was responsible somehow - i don't know.  But it's wrong to state it as a fact that we know to be absolutely true.  Until those actually involved in sourcing the original leaks speak (and not unnamed "reliable sources"), it's only conjecture.  

So you're saying that unless Fernando personally says "I am responsible for the leaks" you won't believe any other evidence proving that he was responsible for leaks.

Gotcha.

So if I do a FOIA request on court documents and come up with evidence that Fernando leaked songs, you'll let me post those documents here? Or will you try and handwave those away as well?

I've met Fernando,Beta,Del ,Vanessa etc numerous times and though I won't claim to know them in real life,they've always been nothing but cool to me. I'm not saying this to kiss ass just sharing experiences. The amount of nasty things I've seen said about them and derogatory terms used for Beta not just here but on other boards is sad. Again none of us know them in real life and of course Axl and Fernando would be upset reading those things. At the end of the day I don't think anyone here manages a corporation worth hundreds of millions of dollars and one that is run by a best friend/family member as Axl considers TB to be just that. At the end of the day it's just a band albeit our favorite and one we love. Nobody forces us to spend thousands of dollars or hours invested in this,we choose to do so. Of course we'd like more updates,new music ,a different setlist etc but that's out of our hands. I think sometimes we forget we are a small part of the overall GNR fanbase although very loyal and vocal.

• Like 2