GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

1 hour ago, PITBOSS said:

It's probably just gonna sit on the alt like perfect crime and won't likely be played, but we will see when the tour gets underway. I'd trade that song for the seeker any day

True enough. But fuckin a I'd like to hear Perfect Crime n Nice Boys over any of them... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Im not silly nor im a girl but I find that song just amazing.

I can relate it to in in different ways, if someone loves you and is with you or If someone you loved and that person left you.

People interpret songs in different ways, for Izzy it was about drugs or something, but for me its about something else.

I like the song too and I never read or heard Izzy saying what it was about. Looks like it's just a magazine voicing their opinion and dumb people taking it for fact.

But I'd prefer the setlist would be more diverse and include songs from other albums, not just AFD. Its becoming a drag to listen to Mr. Brownstone played for the millionth time.

50 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Think About You is in the Top 5 worst Guns songs.

Besides, there are so many other songs from the Illusions they could play other than another Appetite song.

It is for me too.

In fact I pretty much think it's number one for me ( my world is not a song right?)  it has a nails on chalk board effect on my ears. 

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Think About You is in the Top 5 worst Guns songs.

Besides, there are so many other songs from the Illusions they could play other than another Appetite song.

I wouldnt say so... Maybe something from UYI I but no way anything from appetite... If you said Anything Goes or Bad Apples instead I could grasp it somewhat...

Edited by scooby845

My opinion only. In the early to middle 2000's VR was the closest thing to the old GnR. I really loved this band so if they play a VR song or 2 I would really love it. Velvet Revolver was a kick ass band! Sucker Train Blues would be another song I would love to see.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

I wouldnt say so... Maybe something from UYI I but no way anything from appetite... If you said Anything Goes or Bad Apples instead I could grasp it somewhat...

Man Bad Apples is my favourite song from UYI I, wish they played it again, it's got a cool blues groove to it and I find Axls vocals and lyrics hilarious, and the solo just goes on and on and on and makes you go wtf!

Really looking forward to hearing Slither live, and hope Duff is not doing the vocals

27 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Man Bad Apples is my favourite song from UYI I, wish they played it again, it's got a cool blues groove to it and I find Axls vocals and lyrics hilarious, and the solo just goes on and on and on and makes you go wtf!

Really looking forward to hearing Slither live, and hope Duff is not doing the vocals

well to each his own..but I dont get at least how you were not doubting between that and NR or coma... it has been performed live rarely right? maybe 3-4 times?

On 6/18/2016 at 3:55 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I agree except I and many don't consider CD songs to be Guns N Roses. So if they are going to play that stuff then they might as well play a VR song. I just hope it doesn't take the slot of what yet could be another classic GnR song and just replace a CD song with it.

That subject is one that we'll never agree on, so I won't go there :P

Replacing the AC/DC (Which should definitely happen!) or Who covers? yeh! fire ahead! replacing a GnR song? especially one from the classic era??? piss right off! I want The garden, pretty tied up, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Breakdown, move to the city, think about you, don't damn me etc.... all or any of which would make me a very happy camper! 

Let's face it though, this tour is not for the hardcore fan and the subsequent tours probably won't be either, we're already converted and a guaranteed sale... waiting on some of these songs...? I'm afraid Axls quote about not holding your breath is applicable. I have a good feeling about pretty tied up making it's way back in eventually, and we all know Slash loves Locomotive too so that's likely too... as for The garden etc? they might just be too far off the radar (even though The garden has a video, same as Dead horse).

I really don't get people who request Anastasia like it's the second coming or something: it has IRS-level of cringe lyrics, and the song goes fucking nowhere. The riff is great, but I faim to see what elevates this song.

GNR opening with Perfect Crime would be great. But them opening with You Could Be Mine and then jumping into Right Next Door to Hell would be fantastic!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EvH said:

I really don't get people who request Anastasia like it's the second coming or something: it has IRS-level of cringe lyrics, and the song goes fucking nowhere. The riff is great, but I faim to see what elevates this song.

GNR opening with Perfect Crime would be great. But them opening with You Could Be Mine and then jumping into Right Next Door to Hell would be fantastic!

opening with YCBM happened in Bolivia few years ago and it wasn;t much of a experience...at least for me..check it out on YT

Just now, scooby845 said:

opening with YCBM happened in Bolivia few years ago and it wasn;t much of a experience...at least for me..check it out on YT

Will do. But I guess with Frank and probably Mickey Axl the conditioks weren't for the best?

2 minutes ago, EvH said:

Will do. But I guess with Frank and probably Mickey Axl the conditioks weren't for the best?

I dont know it just seems so out of place to start with that song...the beginning of the concert needs to build the momentum and start with something mysterious like Chinese... or Jungle..it is always an awesome opener...

I adore Duff and respect the hell out of him, but I don't think singing is his forte.  I would also prefer to hear Axl sing Fall to Pieces, but I'd be interested to see what he does with Slither.

1 hour ago, EvH said:

Have always thought YCBM is the perfect opener...

On 6/18/2016 at 11:36 AM, killuridols said:

The only ones I've seen asking for this song are silly girls who like the band only because of the ballads :facepalm:

Besides the setlist is PLENTY of AFD songs. Fucking ridiculous.

Yup pretty sure I'm not a silly little girl who only likes GnR only for their ballads. I think Think About You is one of their most underrated songs along with Dead Horse . The only thing fucking ridiculous is your comment :facepalm: 

• Like 2

On 6/18/2016 at 6:32 AM, Tom2112 said:

I'd be more interested in hearing Axl singing Beneath the savage sun or something else off World On Fire, But Slither is cool too and a great live song.

Not sure why they are adding it in though! GnR have SO many songs that haven't been played in years... Pretty tied up!!! However, I am interested to hear Axl sing it, but I'd rather GnR stick to GnR songs rather than dipping into the VR, Loaded, Slash catalogues. I'd also like to hear him on Fall to pieces or Back from Cali.

Hell yes to Beneath the Savage Sun! Slash's best song in my opinion. 

Fuck no to one of the all time worst songs... Fall To Pieces. 

And let's be real. VR songs are just as GnR as CD era GnR so....  If their gonna play stuff off CD then hell yes they should dip into the other stuff. They should cut the shit like The Seeker and all the AC/DC covers and replace it with real GnR related stuff like VR or Slash solo material. 

• Like 1