Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I reckon definetly facelift has been done.

why do a facelift at the age of 39 though..  I think he lookes like dude that haven't been out much. And got some face peeling. But i really don't care wether he's done a facelift or not. I'm not even know why i write on this topic lol

2 minutes ago, estranged_85 said:

why do a facelift at the age of 39 though..  I think he lookes like dude that haven't been out much. And got some face peeling. But i really don't care wether he's done a facelift or not. I'm not even know why i write on this topic lol

Look i dont care either but i dont know why he had this done at 39. The rugged beard look in 93 i think he was aging gracefully during that period and naturally. Even during 06 phase but before 06 and after 09 just looks weird.Even the braids and oversized shirt look stupid i really dont know who advised him of what to look like and wear during this time is a major fail. Interested to know where he was emotionally during this time.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Look i dont care either but i dont know why he had this done at 39. The rugged beard look in 93 i think he was aging gracefully during that period and naturally. Even during 06 phase but before 06 and after 09 just looks weird.Even the braids and oversized shirt look stupid i really dont know who advised him of what to look like and wear during this time is a major fail. Interested to know where he was emotionally during this time.

I usually don't like to discuss peoples looks but i agree on that one..  that over-sized clothing and long braids were really really wierd lol. I liked his 2006 appearence though, looked like a true rock star and re-entered the scene with great confidence. I think he didn't felt that good mentally during early 2000's.. lots of pressure on him too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zinia_29 said:

I read somewhere that he was sick in the late 90s. Maybe that's why all the facial hair ( brow, sideburn) fell off, due to some side effect? He looks healthy and normal in 2006.

That's my theory too, and it's the only one that really makes sense. The change was drastic. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, estranged_85 said:

Indeed lol

We do know there are musicians that work behind the scenes that are not part of the touring band.  That's an interesting post.  There was another recent picture with him and Richard.  22 wouldn't fit on one album would it?

All speculation on my part.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, what a desperate move for attention.... 

I want to go with personal promotion but it's a possibility he will be on this album.  It's not like they haven't teased us with surprises from the studio before.  Remember that silhouette pic?  My, I'm probably wrong based on what we know, guess was Steven and at the time he was in rehearsals with GNR.  Who would have thought?  I'm thinking we could see guest appearances on some songs from former members or those folks who are not part of the touring band.  I don't think there's been a pic of DJ singing with Axl since he left the band so you wouldn't get an updated one if they are fucking with us.

Just saying, don't rule this out, it's a possibility.  You can have the best argued, thought out, think you discussion and still be wrong.  I wouldn't have went with Steven back then but they did.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I want to go with personal promotion but it's a possibility he will be on this album.  It's not like they haven't teased us with surprises from the studio before.  Remember that silhouette pic?  My, I'm probably wrong based on what we know, guess was Steven and at the time he was in rehearsals with GNR.  Who would have thought?  I'm thinking we could see guest appearances on some songs from former members or those folks who are not part of the touring band.  I don't think there's been a pic of DJ singing with Axl since he left the band so you wouldn't get an updated one if they are fucking with us.

Just saying, don't rule this out, it's a possibility.  You can have the best argued, thought out, think you discussion and still be wrong.  I wouldn't have went with Steven back then but they did.

I get what you're saying, but whether or not DJ has anything to do with the next GNR album is beside the point here. 

When DJ says "#22 finished..." or whatever, he's absolutely NOT talking about GNR. He only attached the pic of Axl for attention so people wonder if he's talking about GNR. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, cineater said:

Steven is apart of gnr history (AFD), ashba isnt. I couldnt think of one possible reason ashba will be on the next gnr release. Having ashba in the band was the most cringy decision axl ever made in terms of band lineup.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I'd say the other way round. If DJ is releasing some new solo stuff, Axl could have guested there. As a thank you. Wouldn't be the first time, would it. And we wouldn't have known about that, the same way we hadn't known about Rock the Rock until it suddenly emerged. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I get what you're saying, but whether or not DJ has anything to do with the next GNR album is beside the point here. 

When DJ says "#22 finished..." or whatever, he's absolutely NOT talking about GNR. He only attached the pic of Axl for attention so people wonder if he's talking about GNR. 

That, and he's probably just attaching his highest-profile job.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

I'd say the other way round. If DJ is releasing some new solo stuff, Axl could have guested there. As a thank you. Wouldn't be the first time, would it. And we wouldn't have known about that, the same way we hadn't known about Rock the Rock until it suddenly emerged. 

That's ALOT more likely.