Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

27 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

Fantasy conversation - Axl: 'Hey ya know, I was thinking... I'm worth $150 mill...I'm good... lets do a tour with the original 5 guys and split the loot equally'

Let's end this thing on a high note. Slash 'Awesome I'll call the guys'

Darth Vader conquering the galaxy seems like a more realistic scenario 

#GnfnR

• Haha 1

maybe they will celebrate 30 years of the gig they did in the ritz 1988, they will release a AFD remaster +10 unreleased songs + 2 or 3 new songs and a DVD from the ritz 1988 gig, now complete with a lot of interviews and backstage footage.

we dont have a decent DVD from this 1987-1989 era, we have one from illusions era and the other from the new guns era.

This will be label driven and all about politics. The band dont need label support as they can fund and control thier own music and how they choose to release it.

This may be a compromise as a means for both parties to walk away from past or current obligations between the label and the band.

Major labels like universal are no longer the ones who have the power and control they once had in the past.

I am convinced that the reunion tour was a means to amass finances for the band to control, record and release thier own music. 

13 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Do you think a multi million dollar band gets their bassist to go around signing off paperwork in sandwich shops? 

Canter is a friend of the band. Would be different if they needed something from a stranger.

The record company must know that the 5 individual Appetite pics would rightly lead to speculation of a reunion of the originals.  They'd also probably realize that the consequence of only a re-mastered Appetite record from this hype would be an absolute disappointment.  My money is on a true reunion for at least a few dates.  

Edited by Tyson
  • Haha 1

It'd be neat if the band decided to play the full Appetite album from cover to cover at some shows this summer, would make for good filler on a new live album or an Appetite boxset; only problem is the only "rare" thing from the album they could do live is Anything Goes which hasn't been done since '88, and does anyone really give a shit? :lol:

Using the Joshua Tree anniversary boxset as an example, here's what I'd have in an Appetite boxset:

• Appetite for Destruction (2018 Remaster)
  • GNR Lies / Live?!*@ Like A Suicide (2018 Remaster)
  • Outtakes, Alternate Mixes & Remixes
  • Appetite for Destruction (1999 Version)
  • Uzi Session 1986 Demo
  • Live at the Ritz 1988
Edited by Gackt

Just now, WhazUp said:

Or maybe Duff just wanted a pastrami reuben and a convo with an old friend? ;)

Sure thing. Just a thought I had bearing in mind the recent development.

If it was the case they needed pictures, think of it from Marc Canter's perspective. Would he be more happy if an old friend came by to make a deal for some pictures.... or some lawyer?

27 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

This will be label driven and all about politics. The band dont need label support as they can fund and control thier own music and how they choose to release it.

Guns N' Roses as brand still have legal obligations with the label, they cant release ANYTHING without labels approval. Even if it is self founded.

Edited by default_

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Do you think a multi million dollar band gets their bassist to go around signing off paperwork in sandwich shops? 

Haha... its possible. Wasnt duff seen at a newsagency shortly after? Maybe he was photocopying the paperwork! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1