Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

Clothes are cool and all but shouldn't bands focus on making music instead? :lol:

GNR/TB only communicates with the fans when they have something new to sell (oh and for damage control like today). They shamelessly exploit their fanbase.

Edited by edsonandhudson
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Lithos will return, they rock no?

I love the lithos. But will anything be done to keep the scalpers from buy them all? I've heard so many stories of fans waiting in line for hours, not being able to get their hands in a single litho because of scalpers not even going to the show.

And how's Axl doing?

Just now, Hejanne said:

I love the lithos. But will anything be done to keep the scalpers from buy them all? I've heard so many stories of fans waiting in line for hours, not being able to get their hands in a single litho because of scalpers not even going to the show.

And how's Axl doing?

We limited the quantity one person can purchase.  I wasn't made aware of the issue until the MSG shows.  

Just now, Lim666 said:

Regarding the ultimate kick-ass AFD box with old demos....are there any plans for releasing (pre-)AFD related live videos? Marc Canter is a good guy!!

We can agree to disagree.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

All I wanna know is that if they release new music Frank, Melissa and Frank will have nothing to do with it.

I'll take what I get.

I'd do everything for a new album with new songs written by Axl, Slash and Duff. 

I don't even get mad about Izzy not being around because it is what it is. Unfortunately for some reasons he is not part of this band anymore and we have to respect this. It's not our desicion, it's theirs. 

But having Axl, Slash and Duff in a band and them not releasing music is such a waste of time IMO...

@Fernando

I know the band isn't very communicative about this topic but zi just don't get why it's that hard to say if they are working on new stuff or if they're just not interessted.

That would be just fair to the fans.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

So the importance of one outweighs the importance of another?  Just trying to understand.

I'll rephrase then:

Do Axl and Slash and Duff realize how important it is to the diehards to see the AFD5 onstage together again?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We limited the quantity one person can purchase.  I wasn't made aware of the issue until the MSG shows.  

We can agree to disagree.

Will there be a lithograph at Download festival? If so will it just be purchasable on the saturday from the normal merch stand?

@Fernando How about for one design we let you talk to us about, you have to also talk to us about one unreleased song? :lol:

Just kidding, of course, but the feeling that the band is now more about merch than music is a bit unnerving to a man who is too old to rock t-shirts with skulls yet would still love to get his young daughters hooked on new music from his favorite band.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

So the importance of one outweighs the importance of another?  Just trying to understand.

Many of us would like to see the AFD line up together on the stage. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, edsonandhudson said:

@Fernando

Don't you think the misinformation is in part GNR's fault? I mean, you guys basically disappear until you have something new to sell. It's been 10 years since CD. Slash's return was great but he's now preparing for a new Conspirators release. People are confused. Some of them express themselves with anger, some are trolls, some are clueless fans who hate the fact of being clueless.

You can place blame, you may be right or you may be wrong, depends on who you ask or how much a person knows.

I don't feel that it's right that you only hear from us when we have something to sell, we try and voice any and all accomplishments or future endeavors.  Be a tour or an award. (Award, be a contest winner or a fun activity.) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Should the GNR community take this as confirmation that Axl has no intentions on an Appetite 5 reunion tour including Izzy & Steven, or at least a single show featuring them?

Hi Fernando, thanks for stopping by! You answered about new music, sort of, but I want to ask:

What are the plans after the NITL tour is over this fall? We know Slash has been recording a new album with The Conspirators and they're going on tour.

What about Axl? Are there any plans for joining AC/DC again? Has he been working on any new music recently, either for GN'R or AC/DC?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

Should the GNR community take this as confirmation that Axl has no intentions on an Appetite 5 reunion tour including Izzy & Steven, or at least a single show featuring them?

Dude, we deduced this April 1, 2016

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

I'll take what I get.

I'd do everything for a new album with new songs written by Axl, Slash and Duff. 

I don't even get mad about Izzy not being around because it is what it is. Unfortunately for some reasons he is not part of this band anymore and we have to respect this. It's not our desicion, it's theirs. 

But having Axl, Slash and Izzy in a band and them not releasing music is such a waste of time IMO...

I get it... It would be great to have Axl, Slash and Duff release something but Frank is just so bad.. Fortus is whatever and Melissa needs to disappear..  Axl, Duff and Slash recording all the guitars with a session drummer could be cool..