Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

• downzy unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I could possibly have one made for you.  Our new tour line is pretty fucking sick.  Sorry I get super psyched about our clothing lines, fun fact; did you know I overlook the entire design team and the direction on anything and everything we do?  

What really? Damn man... that would be so sweet of you. I absolutely adore the design of 2017 Paris T-shirt, I was so bummed I couldn't get it. Congratulations on supervising that, I love the music of course, but the t-shirts mean a lot to me. I wasn't aware of your exact roles to be honest, I've met you once but didn't chat much not to bother you, but I can tell you have been very sweet to the people that came to you. I will pm you then : )

Fernando, I know there has been a lot of critique regarding GNR, and especially the communication aspect of things, so thanks for actually coming on here!  I know once I saw this Q&A I was pleased that there is some dialogue and back-and-forth between the GNR camp and the fans

Hello @FernandoJust wanted to know if those gnr toy scale trucks you had on your instagram a week ago will be sold to the public or if they were just custom made for gnr staff and crew? Really liked them. Thank you.

Edited by MrMojo

1 minute ago, MrMojo said:

Hello @FernandoJust wanted to know if those gnr toy scale trucks you had on your instagram a week ago will be sold to the public or if they were just custom made for gnr staff and crew? Really liked it. Thank you.

Yeah, it'll be available to the public.  That was a sample that now rests at Axl's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Fernando

Firstly thank you for doing this! Sorry if this has been asked, but will we ever get an interview with the band talking about the NITL tour? Not just the tour itself but the makings behind it, before it all officially happened? I know Axl and Duff did that interview in 2016 with the Brazilian network, but I mean something with the full band. Seeing Axl and Slash together outside of a band/concert setting I think would still blow people’s minds up to this point.  

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 3

I can't make up my mind so I'll ask two questions:

1) were you at the HOB show in 2001? If so, what was it like seeing Axl come back to the stage for the first time in so long? Is that your favorite/ most emotional show you've been to? Or is there another one that means more to you?

2) who's idea was it to do the new box set? The band or the label? Was the band actually involved in putting it together?

EDIT: sorry, didn't see that someone else was asking a question that hadn't been answered yet. Didn't mean to "cut in line."

Edited by rocknroll41

There is one thing I am curious about!  I know Axl gave that one lengthy interview at the China Exchange event, and that there was going to be a Jimmy Kimmel appearance at the start of it all - do Axl or Slash ever discuss the want to give a interview together on things such as the Howard Stern show or Kimmel?  

I always assumed that the little to no interviews thing was due to the breakup being in the past and not wanting to be asked what went wrong in the 90's over and over again.  But I think that a lot of us fans would love to hear them together shooting the breeze and talking about all thing GNR!  

• GNFNR 1

@Fernando as downzy has said, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Would you have any idea if the band had anything at all with taking down the 93 proshot show from YouTube that surfaced recently? 

We're just curious is all. My guess is no, but a lot of us are wondering. 

Also....do you have any questions for us?? 

• Like 3