11/25/18 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Du Arena

alfierose

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes than watch F1. Then again, I'd rather stick knitting needles in my eyes (and ears) than watch Guns N' Roses these days also haha

I can't say I'm exactly a follower either but I'd turn up for the event, beats seeing a bunch of ancient old rock stars.  It's just one of them things innit, one of those things I've never done and will be able to say I have done after, that alone has more value for me than a GnR gig, not that there's anything wrong with GnR as such.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I can't say I'm exactly a follower either but I'd turn up for the event, beats seeing a bunch of ancient old rock stars.  It's just one of them things innit, one of those things I've never done and will be able to say I have done after, that alone has more value for me than a GnR gig, not that there's anything wrong with GnR as such.

I might be even more willing to watch Dazey's American Football than F1!! 

I commend Axl for trying but it is also baffling to me why they didnt just adjust the show. Nobody would care if they dropped Better or Witchetaw Linemen. A 2 hour greatest hits set would have been ideal for this crowd anyways.

Its So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

Double Talking Jive

Estranged

Attitude

Civil War

Rocket Queen

Slash Solo

Sweet Child O Mine

Wish You Were Here

Layla

November Rain

Patience 

Nightrain

Paradise City

I'm having mixed feelings on this subject............... Was the audience boo-ing when the show was stopped? Did some kind of riot begin? :question:

As far as I know, the audience took it pretty well :shrugs:. It is quite understandable that some people, or the majority of them, would be disappointed because you don't expect for a one time show thing to stop abruptly, unless it is some kind of inevitable disaster.

This is not the case, though. Axl was feeling sick and he warned the audience about it. He tried to offer the show for as long as he could. His effort is appreciated, but maybe it was not the best decision to be made. Or it could have been handled better. All in all, I'm not sure why there are so many people in this forum throwing insults at the Abu-Dhabi audience and taking it so much to heart, as if Axl was their dad or something.

Whatever is posted on Twitter it is fucking irrelevant to this matter. Twitter is not the official voice of a concert crowd. Twitter does not represent a whole city, or country or even a group of people. Each person is responsible for what they say or tweet if they do it through their personal account. They can say whatever the hell they want. Doesn't Axl use Twitter to say whatever the hell he wants and the nutswingers are always fighting for his 'freedom of speech'??

It really bothers me to read some shit..... especially when the band themselves have thanked Abu Dhabi for being supportive, for giving Axl positive vibes to pull through, etc...... and here we have people in the forum talking shit about other people they don't even know.... I mean.... yeah, some of those tweets are pretty unfair and ill-intentioned but why give credit to those few assholes? They are a fucking minority and represent no one but themselves.

Hopefully Axl will be recovered for next show and this whole mess will be over and forgotten.
It's a drag to keep reading the preaching of the holier-than-thous.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I'm having mixed feelings on this subject............... Was the audience boo-ing when the show was stopped? Did some kind of riot begin? :question:

As far as I know, the audience took it pretty well :shrugs:. It is quite understandable that some people, or the majority of them, would be disappointed because you don't expect for a one time show thing to stop abruptly, unless it is some kind of inevitable disaster.

This is not the case, though. Axl was feeling sick and he warned the audience about it. He tried to offer the show for as long as he could. His effort is appreciated, but maybe it was not the best decision to be made. Or it could have been handled better. All in all, I'm not sure why there are so many people in this forum throwing insults at the Abhu-Dabhi audience and taking it so much to heart, as if Axl was their dad or something.

Whatever is posted on Twitter it is fucking irrelevant to this matter. Twitter is not the official voice of a concert crowd. Twitter does not represent a whole city, or country or even a group of people. Each person is responsible for what they say or tweet if they do it through their personal account. They can say whatever the hell they want. Doesn't Axl use Twitter to say whatever the hell he wants and the nutswingers are always fighting for his 'freedom of speech'??

It really bothers me to read some shit..... especially when the band themselves have thanked Abhu-Dabhi for being supportive, for giving Axl positive vibes to pull through, etc...... and here we have people in the forum talking shit about other people they don't even know.... I mean.... yeah, some of those tweets are pretty unfair and ill-intentioned but why give credit to those few assholes? They are a fucking minority and represent no one but themselves.

Hopefully Axl will be recovered for next show and this whole mess will be over and forgotten.

You say that whatever was posted on Twitter is irrelevant and then go on to post Duff’s and Slash’s Tweets..?  :question:  Of course they’re not irrelevant, do you know how fast they spread? 

Axl’s surely not my dad, but I do know he gets nowadays way more than his share of crap, which he doesn’t deserve. So, as a long time fan I do get annoyed. Especially if he’s getting it unnecessarily when he’s really making an effort and he is sick as a dog. And yes, I do jump in to defend him when it’s due. 

As far as I’ve seen, the reactions have been towards the whiners on Twitter who complain about Axl ending the show short. That’s not the same thing as the entire Abu Dhabi audience. 

Edited by LadyMarian
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LadyMarian said:

You say that whatever was posted on Twitter is irrelevant and then go on to post Duff’s and Slash’s Tweets..?  :question:  Of course they’re not irrelevant, do you know how fast they spread? 

:facepalm:

OBVIOUSLY, the word of the band is not irrelevant and I am not talking about their tweets.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think "these days" is the key. I made a point similar to this earlier and someone made a good counterpoint back: Axl's reputation is what gets him into these situations. All of us are aware of how much he's changed, but very few people outside the forums realize that. Most of the world still thinks of Axl is "the late guy, who's a giant d-bag". 

And the only way to change that is continue the good work and do some high profile interviews (late late etc) and make sure it's mentioned that the old Axl/guns going on late is dead and buried. 

But yeah I 100% agree with what you said! Does that happen often on this forum😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

This is not the case, though. Axl was feeling sick and he warned the audience about it. He tried to offer the show for as long as he could. His effort is appreciated, but maybe it was not the best decision to be made. Or it could have been handled better. All in all, I'm not sure why there are so many people in this forum throwing insults at the Abhu-Dabhi audience and taking it so much to heart, as if Axl was their dad or something.

It really bothers me to read some shit..... especially when the band themselves have thanked Abhu-Dabhi for being supportive, for giving Axl positive vibes to pull through, etc...... and here we have people in the forum talking shit about other people they don't even know.... I mean.... yeah, some of those tweets are pretty unfair and ill-intentioned but why give credit to those few assholes? They are a fucking minority and represent no one but themselves.

It's not about people acting as if Axl Is their dad. It's about peoples egos being so big that they think they deserve MORE. They got a  two hour show ,which is equivalent to what they would have got from any other headlining act. Some wouldn't have even given them 2 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Don’t really see what the fuss is about - most of the crowd actually took it on the chin and went about their way either to get a beer or made their way home.

Youre talking about a very small minority moaning - but there was no booing in the slightest.

Slight disappointment maybe,  but not a biggie

Edited by LA_0013
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Don’t really see what the fuss is about - most of the crowd actually took it on the chin and went about their way either to get a beer or made their way home.

Youre talking about a very small minority moaning - but there was no booing in the slightest.

Slight disappointment maybe,  but not a biggie

Thank you for that, and Axl is a true professional, and his band mates are his family too , and they are awesome! Get better and get some rest Axl✊

It is about certain journalists picking, as usual, the negative comments. But above all, it is about smartasses who will whine about not getting Patience or PC – yet I would love to see them do a rock show of this magnitude, in this horrible condition, especially if being over fifty. They’re just nobodies. He was sick, and you still got a show. Quit complaining and have some empathy, you spoiled turds with smartphones!

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2