11/25/18 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - Du Arena

alfierose

1 hour ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

So some of you don't understand the fan's disappointment ? I'm wondering who are the real a-holes. 

There is a difference between being disappointed and being angry at someone for something beyond their control

If I saw GNR and they only played 2/3 of their set, if even that, I would be disappointed sure.  But it isn't Axl's fault, in fact he deserves props for going out and even deciding to try and deliver any sort of show while that sick

The a-holes are definitely the ones giving Axl shit on Twitter for this one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ratam said:

I not understand how Axl keep to vomit 5 hours ,still he is alive 😨i hope he put good soon :headbang:

I once had positional vertigo, puked for 4 hrs straight until bile liquid and then blood was coming, had to be taken to the ER, felt like I was going to die. In my case it was not the stomach but the sense of balance in the ear. If your on puke cramps like this then to go out and sing for two hours I tell you that is quite an achievement. :lol:

• Like 2

It seems most people are annoyed at the song choice they were given. Like instead of:

Paradise City, Patience, Live and Let Die, Civil War, Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, Nightrain, Don’t Cry, and You Could Be Mine

They got:

Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin’ Jive, Better, Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Wichita Lineman, and Attitude.

If they had intended on ending the show with the amount of songs they did, they probably would’ve replaced a few things. It seems after November Rain, it was more of a “I just can’t do it anymore, guys. We need to stop.” situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

It seems most people are annoyed at the song choice they were given. Like instead of:

Paradise City, Patience, Live and Let Die, Civil War, Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door, Nightrain, Don’t Cry, and You Could Be Mine

They got:

Chinese Democracy, Double Talkin’ Jive, Better, Shadow of Your Love, Slither, Wichita Lineman, and Attitude.

If they had intended on ending the show with the amount of songs they did, they probably would’ve replaced a few things. It seems after November Rain, it was more of a “I just can’t do it anymore, guys. We need to stop.” situation.

They did get Mr. Brownstone, November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Estranged, It's So Easy, Rocket Queen and Sweet Child. Better than nothing.

Axl probably thought he could go longer but I bet his anti-nausea/vomiting meds wore off. Amazing he performed at all. Poor guy.

7 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

I once had positional vertigo, puked for 4 hrs straight until bile liquid and then blood was coming, had to be taken to the ER, felt like I was going to die. In my case it was not the stomach but the sense of balance in the ear. If your on puke cramps like this then to go out and sing for two hours I tell you that is quite an achievement. :lol:

Omg!! Glad me you survive it!!🌞

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

They got:

given the circumstances they should be happy they got to see GNR at all, they're not in the position to complain about the songs they played, cause they were not the ones being sick

14 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Puke n' roses:lol:poor Axl.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FrenchGNRfan said:

So some of you don't understand the fan's disappointment ? I'm wondering who are the real a-holes. 

Disappointment? Sure, I guess. They still got a 2 hour rock show though. 

Also, there are ways to express disappointment without flat out lying. The people who were there that are posting crap like "typical Axl" and the like, are absolutely full of shit. 

• Like 4

I think aside from the emotions of being at the show, a lot of complaints from the show boil down to Axl's past to be honest, and you have to say he is to blame for that.

Hating on someone who performed for 2 hours anyway through less than ideal situations is stupid, but people will do it.

He hasn't shaken the "tardy" stigma altogether, at most of my NITL shows (especially here in cynical England :lol:) theres plenty of people waiting for him to be late, or throw a fit, or walk off etc.

For some people, it will take more than one tour of "towing the line" Axl to win them over from his antics in the past. A lot of people still don't believe it when hes on punctual and sensible :lol:

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

given the circumstances they should be happy they got to see GNR at all, they're not in the position to complain about the songs they played, cause they were not the ones being sick

I guess. Maybe it comes down to, like, “I paid the same amount of money as people did to the last show, and got nearly half the songs.” It’s possible some of them would have preferred a refund, instead of an incomplete show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I just plain have to laugh at people complaining that a 2 hour show is "short". Sick or not, a 2 hour rock concert is what most other bands aspire to. 

Agreed but most other bands aren't charging these prices.. Either way they haven't missed a show in going on 3 years now. Shit happens.. Hope Axl is alright.. 

• Like 1

This week i'm sick too, simple cold, nothing too bad, and while driving to work (40 min), i could not sing along gnr songs for more than 5 minutes, and i'm 20 years younger than Axl...

Big fucking props to Axl, and giving 2 hour show! Most bands preform 60-70 min + encore, and people now are bitching for getting "only" 2 hour show -.-

• Like 1