Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

11 minutes ago, Andrew07 said:

definitely a good track, sounds like a continuation of the stuff on world on fire which is ok by me cause i liked the album lot

Yeah, the production/sound on this new song is very similar to the sound on World on Fire, which is a very good thing.  I think Apocalyptic Love might be slightly better song-wise, but WOF just sounds so good!

9 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Slash needs to get together with Eric Dover or Rod Jackson again.  Or do a record with Chris Robinson.

Not even this music suits Myles voice.  There should have been a lot more powerful voice with this arrangement, not a whiny one.

Thats exactly what I think of the whole Myles Kenndy thing. But he has the kind of voice the current generation enjoys and Slash probably wants to keep his songs current thus the reason to have something like him onboard, its a pop singer for a generation made of pop fans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I kept checking back on Roadrunner and eventually it added the autograph to my order. I checked again a few hours later and the autographed versions showed sold out. I don't even own a record player but might get one  lol. I am fucking pumped now.

Screenshot_20180725-162518_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Lucky.  Checked mine, nothing was added

You heard it here first folks, Slashs fanbase now is a generation of pop fans. He has a singer that is a pop singer, who never sings pop, but he somehow still is a pop singer. Absurd? Not in the least! Fuck, just like Myles I never sang pop in my life, can I qualify as a pop singer too?:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You heard it here first folks, Slashs fanbase now is a generation of pop fans. He has a singer that is a pop singer, who never sings pop, but he somehow still is a pop singer. Absurd? Not in the least! Fuck, just like Myles I never sang pop in my life, can I qualify as a pop singer too?:lol:

Someone needs to let Slash know this immediately. 😀

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BadRain said:

Someone needs to let Slash know this immediately. 😀

It would be interesting to know how Slash would react to that piece of information provided to him by this forum. Now excuse me while I listen to my guilty pleasure pop songs Metalingus, The Unholy and Addicted To Pain that pop singer Myles Kennedy sang on.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • GNFNR 1

Let me preface this by saying I like Myles as a singer and I've enjoyed every single Slash solo release with him on it.  No he isn't Axl but I like what he does.  But I've always wondered why Slash doesn't try to get a singer like Tom Arraya or Evan Seinfeld to give his stuff some more edge.  Go get some really pissed off metal/hardcore singer and let them do their thing.  Myles is 'too nice' sometimes.  

7 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I kept checking back on Roadrunner and eventually it added the autograph to my order. I checked again a few hours later and the autographed versions showed sold out. I don't even own a record player but might get one  lol. I am fucking pumped now.

Screenshot_20180725-162518_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Same here.  I was going to get the T-shirt CD bundle until I saw for 25 more I could get LP version with a signed insert.  Have more than enough T-shirts.  Been thinking of starting a vinyl collection anyway so this just made my decision easier.  Available for 1st 250 made it that much easier to decide as well. Nice to be 1 of only 250 people to get the autograph, and though it wasn't in person at least it was signed for just for me (and 249 others).  Makes it better in my eyes than just paying for autograph from eBay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sc_gunner said:

Same here.  I was going to get the T-shirt CD bundle until I saw for 25 more I could get LP version with a signed insert.  Have more than enough T-shirts.  Been thinking of starting a vinyl collection anyway so this just made my decision easier.  Available for 1st 250 made it that much easier to decide as well. Nice to be 1 of only 250 people to get the autograph, and though it wasn't in person at least it was signed for just for me (and 249 others).  Makes it better in my eyes than just paying for autograph from eBay.

May i ask when you purchased it last night?  I ordered it before it said sold out but i dont see the autograph on my order 

Edited by Bitchisback
Typo

4 hours ago, default_ said:

Thats exactly what I think of the whole Myles Kenndy thing. But he has the kind of voice the current generation enjoys and Slash probably wants to keep his songs current thus the reason to have something like him onboard, its a pop singer for a generation made of pop fans. 

You could not be more wrong :lol: this is not the 'pop' music that the current generation listen to. I know because i've asked my grandchildren 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

May i ask when you purchased it last night?  I ordered it before it said sold out but i dont see the autograph on my order 

Yesterday morning (25th) around 9:30 AM.  I had heard there were going to be different bundle options a few days ago.  So I went on Slash's website on the 24th, but no mention of the bundles.  Checked 1st thing Wednesday (25th), and saw the signed insert option.  However the only reason I saw that option was because I clicked on the bundle with the book.  I did not know there would be a signed insert until I clicked the "Buy Now".  Once I saw a signed insert for the 1st 250 pre-orders I jumped on it.  I honestly thought that I would be too late then.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the autographed insert added to the invoice.

Edited by sc_gunner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

People can call it what you want, but it is new music. I wish other singers that Slash plays with would try it with " their " band.

Yeah, lazy Melissa :max: (?)

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It would be interesting to know how Slash would react to that piece of information provided to him by this forum. Now excuse me while I listen to my guilty pleasure pop songs Metalingus, The Unholy and Addicted To Pain that pop singer Myles Kennedy sang on.

I'm gonna listen to my favorite pop ballad, Isolation! :lol:

On 7/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, janrichmond said:

:slash: I like it, it's a grower for sure. It sounds better each time i listen :headbang::slash:

I agree.  I read a quote from Myles where he described the riff as “reminiscent of vintage Aerosmith,” and I can totally hear that.  I'm a huge Aerosmith fan by the way, as is Slash.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well, what do you expect when Slash invited Fergie and Adam Levine to guest on an album, and has cultivated a Facebook audience full of teenagers who make jokes such as "moooom, Slash is posting weird shit on Facebook again?"

Myles is a good singer, no one disputes that. He just isn't suited to a lot of the material he sings on. His voice is sanitised and generic, and it's perfect for today's pop audience. AC/DC's next album will be generic insofar as the band maintains a similar style of instrumental use, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Axl will likely bring a more varied and interesting vocal performance than Myles does with Slash.