Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

On 27.7.2018 at 10:06 PM, Nosaj Thing said:

And let's be honest, we're all here for Slash.  Who gives a fuck about Myles?  Slash is the center of gravity, the one who grabs all the attention.  This is a Slash's solo project so whoever he chooses to be the singer of his band, I'm okay with it.  Sure, Myles voice is very plain on some songs and he doesn't sound "Axl-esque" on the Gn'R songs, but he's not Axl, not even Axl can be Axl these days.

just mention that I meanwhile go for the band smkc to the concerts. for sure, slash is the captain and iconic and outstanding as he is also draws my attention. but still I'd call this a band with spirit, not a solo project with whoever hired guns.

Edited by bucketOtrouble
double post

2 hours ago, bucketOtrouble said:

just mention that I meanwhile go for the band smkc to the concerts. for sure, slash is the captain and iconic and outstanding as he is also draws my attention. but still I'd call this a band with spirit, not a solo project with whoever hired guns.

I still think the band should be called THE CONSPIRATORS. Aside Myles, I love the whole band and they do have a band and companionship feeling to them. Of course Slashs name draw attention, but meh. The whole SLASH, Myles Kenndy and The Conspirators title is awful :lol:

• Like 4

For me, besides Anastasia I haven't really heard much since Slash's 2009 solo album with all the guests that really stand out to me.  I have heard AL and World On Fire, but all the songs just kind of mush together to me because of how similar they are in form, and style, and just the overall sound

I did see the band when they opened up for Ozzy a few years back though and it was a great set, and it is a great rock band though

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Next album should be called

‘All Things Considered”

Supposedly it was already the title of a Slash song. He auditioned Rod Jackson to a demo called "All Things Considered."

I don't know if it ended up being re-titled or abandoned, but it got Rod the gig, all things considered.

• Like 1

On 28.07.2018 at 3:11 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

According to Amazon there is no title track but instead a track called Sugar Cane, which you didn't have on here. How did that happen? lol

Look at the date bro, when I posted that Amazon was like a week behind ;) Sugar Crane wasn't mentioned anywhere back then, we had only 11 of 12 titles.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

It is kind of sad that I am kind of looking forward to this more than GN'R, because it doesn't seem so scripted, and it is new music.

I'm looking forward to Alice In Chains' new album over Slash's, to be honest. I mean, it's just my opinion, but this song beats Driving Rain any day:

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

19 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's because he keeps getting that Ron English guy to make the artwork. Why can't they just use a band photo or something.

He should drawn it himself, all his SMKC artworks are awful, specially this one. Dont know what is this guy trying to achieve, dont know if it has the Slashs direction over it but its really really awful.

For a guy that created some iconic artworks like the GNR logos, Slash might have lost his artistic chops the same way he partially lost his musical chops.