Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

8 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Myles sings Alter Bridge songs very differently.  I think he chooses to approach songs written with Slash as this.  It's his choice - some like it, some don't.  I get it.

Truth is, Slash is an active musician who would rather die than sit on unreleased material for decades.  If you think he's going to release AFD2 again and again, you're deluded and need to reflect on your pathetic life.  You gotta see the picture like this: an album of generic-to-good rock songs with a gem or two in between.  Every Slash album since REAL Gn'R broke up has had at least one song that stands out.

And let's be honest, we're all here for Slash.  Who gives a fuck about Myles?  Slash is the center of gravity, the one who grabs all the attention.  This is a Slash's solo project so whoever he chooses to be the singer of his band, I'm okay with it.  Sure, Myles voice is very plain on some songs and he doesn't sound "Axl-esque" on the Gn'R songs, but he's not Axl, not even Axl can be Axl these days.

Fixed

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Truth is, Slash is an active musician who would rather die than sit on unreleased material for decades.

What's ridiculous is, many of the critics in this thread are the same ones bitching and whining about the lack of new GN'R music and mocking AXL for never releasing anything. Reading this thread might explain why AXL has no desire. There's just no upside to it.

Just look at SLASH. He releases album after album and all the pundits here do is crap on it for any and every mundane reason they can think of. Even though they are solid albums.

Once you reach the level GN'R has, there's really no winning in putting yourself out there with new music. The only mainstay bands that do usually release a similar sounding album over and over. It's clear by now that AXL doesn't want to do that. He'd rather release nothing at all than something that sounded the same as previous albums. Love him or hate him, at least he's chosen a direction.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, thunderram said:

What's ridiculous is, many of the critics in this thread are the same ones bitching and whining about the lack of new GN'R music and mocking AXL for never releasing anything. Reading this thread might explain why AXL has no desire. There's just no upside to it.

Just look at SLASH. He releases album after album and all the pundits here do is crap on it for any and every mundane reason they can think of. Even though they are solid albums.

Once you reach the level GN'R has, there's really no winning in putting yourself out there with new music. The only mainstay bands that do usually release a similar sounding album over and over. It's clear by now that AXL doesn't want to do that. He'd rather release nothing at all than something that sounded the same as previous albums. Love him or hate him, at least he's chosen a direction.

Not releasing music isn't a direction

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Nothing that i've seen :max:

Rumours about February :slash:

UK fans! Pre-order Living The Dream by Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators from the Roadrunner UK store for early access to upcoming UK show tickets!

4 hours ago, donny said:

UK fans! Pre-order Living The Dream by Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators from the Roadrunner UK store for early access to upcoming UK show tickets!

Unfortunate for you UK fans, that tickets aren’t available yet. However, me and my ‘Mercian ass is going to the House of Blues.

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:25 AM, Ralphelmo said:

Tracklist (not in order):

1. Call of the Wild

2. Read Between the Lines

3. Lost Inside the Girl

4. Serve You Right,

5. The Great Pretender

6. Driving Rain - new single, available SOMEWHERE AROUND THE WORLD on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7uonTXm4WR3QXhlpKi4Zv9

7. My Antidote

8. Slow Grind

9. The One You Loved is Gone

10. Boulevard of Broken Hearts

11. Mind Your Manners

12. Living The Dream?

I worked my ass off to edit it so please don't remove/close this thread.

Cheers,

Ralph

According to Amazon there is no title track but instead a track called Sugar Cane, which you didn't have on here. How did that happen? lol

I just dont understand the hate and trolling on SMKC , i LOVE THE BAND, GNR WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE BAND , smkc ARE KILLER ROCK BAND , THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SOUND AND LIVE ARE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER BAND NOT NAMED GNR- the single is never the strongest song on anyones album , its the radio hit, sorry guys that is how it is , Youre a Lie was the weakest song on AL and its still good, WORLD ON FIRE was the weakest on WOF but is still good , Driving Rain is the weakest on this album and What I mean by weakest is radio friendly , thats like saying u dont like UY1 because of bad apples which was good but the weakest on the record and u dont like COMA or Perfect crime , Listen to to the whole record , this one is epic and badass just like the first 2 , trust me on that 1 , if u dont like out of this world riffs and solos WITH A BEAST BEAT AND thumping , crushing bass and Myles Screaming , you probably are not gonna like this one either, GNR is gonna make another record , give AXL time it isnt the lack of Effort from SLASH, DUFF OR rICHARD , Untill then enjoy the hell out of the new SMKC ALBUM WHICH IS FUCKING KILLER -bad ass rock n roll -trust me on that 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

I just dont understand the hate and trolling on SMKC , i LOVE THE BAND, GNR WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE BAND , smkc ARE KILLER ROCK BAND , THEY HAVE THEIR OWN SOUND AND LIVE ARE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER BAND NOT NAMED GNR- the single is never the strongest song on anyones album , its the radio hit, sorry guys that is how it is , Youre a Lie was the weakest song on AL and its still good, WORLD ON FIRE was the weakest on WOF but is still good , Driving Rain is the weakest on this album and What I mean by weakest is radio friendly , thats like saying u dont like UY1 because of bad apples which was good but the weakest on the record and u dont like COMA or Perfect crime , Listen to to the whole record , this one is epic and badass just like the first 2 , trust me on that 1 , if u dont like out of this world riffs and solos WITH A BEAST BEAT AND thumping , crushing bass and Myles Screaming , you probably are not gonna like this one either, GNR is gonna make another record , give AXL time it isnt the lack of Effort from SLASH, DUFF OR rICHARD , Untill then enjoy the hell out of the new SMKC ALBUM WHICH IS FUCKING KILLER -bad ass rock n roll -trust me on that 

Where dafuck did you hear it?

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

I'm not convinced you have heard the entire album. Nor am i convinced by your argument. Your argument would make more sense if you didn't use Bad Apples as a comparison for UYI 1, given it was never a single. I know you are trying to say both Driving Rain and Bad Apples are weak songs, and that we shouldn't judge the strength of an album based on them, but it would make more sense to compare singles here, and as such, Driving Rain to Don't Cry, Live and Let Die, and November Rain. Most would agree that UYI 1's singles are very strong, and in some cases, radio unfriendly (in November Rain's case). This isn't even taking into consideration the fact that most people are only judging Driving Rain and not the entire album. People seem to be cautiously optimistic about the other songs.

• Like 2

Slash should keep his riffs ideas for Guns.

I have nothing against Myles who seems like a nice dude, but he's so... bland. His voice, his attitude, nothing works for me.

This new song as it is, is boring, but there are some nice instrumental bits in it. Could have been reshaped with the help of the current Guns N' Roses, and with Axl's voice and lyric, it would have worked myles better.

36 minutes ago, D.. said:

I have nothing against Myles who seems like a nice dude, but he's so... bland. His voice, his attitude, nothing works for me.

This new song as it is, is boring, but there are some nice instrumental bits in it. Could have been reshaped with the help of the current Guns N' Roses, and with Axl's voice and lyric, it would have worked myles better.

Too bad Axl doesnt wanna release music, and Slash is not the type to wait around for nothing to happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, D.. said:

Most of this stuff was written before the reunion and if I'm not mistaken a lot od it was recorded too.  They simply finished the album.  Which is a good thing.

I know this is probably late but have been listening to driving rain the last couple days and I've gotta say - I'm loving it! Fun song and sounded great when I was driving on the freeway. Great guitar playing by Slash and I always have enjoyed vocals done by Myles.

It's still so frustrating that we can't get new songs out of GNR (which I can only assume is due to Axl). No one is expecting the best album of all time. Just go in and have some fun and record some songs. Some people will hate them but a lot of people will like them and respect the band for putting out new material. Until then I'm excited to see how the rest of this SMKC album shakes out - Thanks Slash!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Trmac72911 said:

I know this is probably late but have been listening to driving rain the last couple days and I've gotta say - I'm loving it! Fun song and sounded great when I was driving on the freeway. Great guitar playing by Slash and I always have enjoyed vocals done by Myles.

It's still so frustrating that we can't get new songs out of GNR (which I can only assume is due to Axl). No one is expecting the best album of all time. Just go in and have some fun and record some songs. Some people will hate them but a lot of people will like them and respect the band for putting out new material. Until then I'm excited to see how the rest of this SMKC album shakes out - Thanks Slash!

I think that everything is on the way to release new music from Gn'R, first Slash finishing the album that was almost recorded before the reunion, Gn'R doing the last dates.

Then, I'm pretty sure they will work together for new Gn'R music, and maybe there could be something recorded, riffs, melodies, ideas... for sure.

2 hours ago, pentatonicamenor said:

I think that everything is on the way to release new music from Gn'R, first Slash finishing the album that was almost recorded before the reunion, Gn'R doing the last dates.

Then, I'm pretty sure they will work together for new Gn'R music, and maybe there could be something recorded, riffs, melodies, ideas... for sure.

I really hope that's the case. Gnr has always been my favorite band but I follow all types of artists and bands. I seriously can't think of another band that has such an aversion to releasing new music. But hopefully with the reunion going well and the tour dates winding down (I think?) they'll be able to release some new tracks. Will be an exciting day if it ever occurs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1