Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

1 hour ago, Cruel Intentions said:

Was just about to post this article. His replies every time he's asked about GNR are very telling. Basically doesn't want to go into any detail and risk rocking the boat and fucking up however long they continue to feel like touring. This interview pretty much confirms, though, that there's really been zero collaboration between he, Axl and Duff on any material. The goal seems to be to just get along for 3 hours a night and then move onto the next show. 

Yup. Spot on

On 14.8.2018 at 4:04 PM, TMAC20 said:

Nothing man , just high on life , just letting some know that weed does enhance your hearing senses , it will also make u laugh and eat the fridge down 2 brother 

Still avoiding the numerous questions about you claiming your heard the full smkc album?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RageKage said:

Still avoiding the numerous questions about you claiming your heard the full smkc album?

Just people making shit up to prove their point and get attention. If the nature of his descriptions surpassed anything more than "that bass is ROCKIN bro" it'd actually be believable. But everything he said is very general and that a Slash album "rocks", who would have guessed? Myles screaming, Slash rocking, bass thumping, one would be a madman to argue with all that evidence, I guess he must have heard the album. Or maybe the shrooms played it for him? Guess we'll never know

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Hm. Still not the new Anastasia or Unholy.

I don't hate it, but I don't like Myles in the studio. I liked WOF (the album), and I listened to it quite regularly back then, but I'm not going back to it. I think I'll just hope there's a few songs on there that I may want to listen to in a couple of years.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Amir said:

It's on UK iTunes as well.

Not blown away by verses or lyrics but Slash's solo is decent. So far the two tracks sound like World on Fire rejects :/

I agree with this!

Still pumped for the record though, the singles are rarely my favorites anyway :)

• GNFNR 1

I'm sure there will be other songs on the record that will be better. Either way these two songs blow away a lot of the shit that passes for "rock music" on the radio these days.

59 minutes ago, brad_k said:

Hopefully with these 2 songs being lackluster to say the least, Slash is saving his best stuff for Guns :smiley-confused2:

Most of this record was written pre-reunion. And I don't think he's stocking up on riffs for GnR yet. He'll work on it when the time comes. Tbh I think he would save his "best stuff" (however he chooses to define that) for SMKC since that's his baby. This isn't just a side project for him.

• Like 2

It's a catchy song just like Driving Rain and the guitar work is solid, but geez it's some very formulaic rock music. Sorta why I've always preferred Chinese Democracy to Slash's solo stuff, so much more unpredictable and unique. Myles is an ok singer, but he has a very bland voice so all the songs tend to sound pretty much the same to me. 

• Like 3