Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

49 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Sadly SMKC is not my cup of tea. Myles Kennedy's voice annoy the shit out of me.

I love Anastasia tho

I just find him very generic but there are still songs that he works well on like Anastasia as you said.. He is perfect for Back From Cali too.. There are others but overall mehh... It is a shame because most of the songs are pretty strong behind the vocals.

• Like 3

awwwwwwwwww we have a problem there Slash!

if 4 years ago I claimed, now we have a proof!  Myles is not the singer who can make the record sound interesting after 1 album is done.  

This song sounds EXACTLY the same like You're a lie, Black Rain or any other from AL or WOF (with exception from Anastasiaa).

I was a MEGA fan of Slsh' solo work up until WOF.

This all sounds one dimensional. Boring.  As for ppl who say at least he is relevant, relasing new music...Any fool can reeas new music.  At the end of the day it comes down to how good that music is, not how new.  UYI's are 27 years old and are waaaay more relevant than this new song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I don't dare to listen to it

Why are you wasting time writing about it then? Why have you joined the conversation? To show how rebel you are or annoy others? Last time I accused you of that you were giving me bullshit that it's only because you don't want GNR to split, now I see you do this for your own amusement. Pretty low.

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

Myles is not the singer who can make the record sound interesting after 1 album is done.  

Then you haven't heard anything else but AL and WOF.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralphelmo said:

Why are you wasting time writing about it then? Why have you joined the conversation? To show how rebel you are or annoy others? Last time I accused you of that you were giving me bullshit that it's only because you don't want GNR to split, now I see you do this for your own amusement. Pretty low.

I think you need a doctor

• Haha 1

Listened a couple more times now. After initial disappointment I'm starting to like it more. I just have to get over the fact it's Myles singing. I'm not a hater, but I don't love Myles and I'd always prefer to hear Axl sing with Slash.

If they come back to Belgium, I'd go to see them again for sure. I thought Myles would annoy me to no end last time, but I kind of liked him live. He seems like a nice enough guy and in a live setting, I liked him better than just listening to the album.

I do wonder if Slash will still do GNR songs though. I hope it will be less of them at least. It would feel even more awkward to me hearing Myles do SCOM now Slash and Axl are back together :wub:

Looking forward to the album and hoping there will be at least one song that I consider great.

56 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I preordered the vinyl special edition that comes with the book and pics.  I've always loved Slash's solo work.  That first album is perfection. 

Me too.  Did you get the order in on time to get the signed Slash note (assuming you ordered the special deluxe edition)?  Apparently I did because it was added to my order separately in the invoice. 

I don't actually own a record player anymore (yes I used to back when it was more than just nostalgia), but have been thinking about getting back into vinyl.  I figured since the special deluxe edition also comes with the CD now would be a good excuse to get a record player and start a new vinyl collection.  Unfortunately my brothers KISS and Led Zepp albums are long gone so I will be buying repo's of the classics.