Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

1 hour ago, sc_gunner said:

Me too.  Did you get the order in on time to get the signed Slash note (assuming you ordered the special deluxe edition)?  Apparently I did because it was added to my order separately in the invoice. 

I don't actually own a record player anymore (yes I used to back when it was more than just nostalgia), but have been thinking about getting back into vinyl.  I figured since the special deluxe edition also comes with the CD now would be a good excuse to get a record player and start a new vinyl collection.  Unfortunately my brothers KISS and Led Zepp albums are long gone so I will be buying repo's of the classics. 

apparently it's too late to get the book??? all i see is the cd or vinyl (or special edition with hoodie).

2 hours ago, Lio said:

I do wonder if Slash will still do GNR songs though. I hope it will be less of them at least. It would feel even more awkward to me hearing Myles do SCOM now Slash and Axl are back together :wub:

This. SMKC, VR and Snakepit is good with me - plenty of material for a great show.

After the NITL tour,  not fussed about hearing GNR whatsoever

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Why are you wasting time writing about it then? Why have you joined the conversation? To show how rebel you are or annoy others? Last time I accused you of that you were giving me bullshit that it's only because you don't want GNR to split, now I see you do this for your own amusement. Pretty low.

Then you haven't heard anything else but AL and WOF.

This. I don't understand why some of you are on this thread right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

if you get it from here you can still get it, they'll email you when it's in stock  https://shop.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/uk/artists/slash.html/?LTD&ref=

Is the book a limited edition item? It's not on Slash's site anymore but it's still on roadrunner. The book is the item I want the most along with the CD. 

2 hours ago, sc_gunner said:

Me too.  Did you get the order in on time to get the signed Slash note (assuming you ordered the special deluxe edition)?  Apparently I did because it was added to my order separately in the invoice. 

I don't actually own a record player anymore (yes I used to back when it was more than just nostalgia), but have been thinking about getting back into vinyl.  I figured since the special deluxe edition also comes with the CD now would be a good excuse to get a record player and start a new vinyl collection.  Unfortunately my brothers KISS and Led Zepp albums are long gone so I will be buying repo's of the classics. 

Supposedly I did order in time.  I ordered it at like 10am EST or something like that and it had it added in the invoice as well.

I own a record player.  Its fun to throw stuff on there every now and again.  I have a bunch of hardcore records that I play sometimes.  Curious to see what is on the double LP vs. the single LP.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Is the book a limited edition item? It's not on Slash's site anymore but it's still on roadrunner. The book is the item I want the most along with the CD. 

I think the autographed ones are limited, but not the unsigned ones. I could be wrong but that's how i see it.

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I really wish I would have seen the autographed ones. I would have purchased any of them if the autograph was included.

I think its just an autographed insert its not that the book itself is autographed.  It makes it less appealing in my opinion, but still happy that I got it.  

I like SMKC. Slash's playing with that band is amazing, better than Guns! And the band are really really tight. More chemistry than current Guns. Put on a rocking show.

What they lack is songs. 

Axl, Izzy and Scott were well able to deliver there. Slash can make great riffs and solos but he doesn't do lyrics, melodies etc. 

I listen to this band for the music way more than the lyrics. Ultimately though, it's good songs that make you keep listening years later.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I think the autographed ones are limited, but not the unsigned ones. I could be wrong but that's how i see it.

Oh ok. It's probably too late for an autographed one but I want a book nonetheless. Probably going to get the whole deluxe bundle and another CD for regular use in the car.

40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I'm really loving Driving Rain and i'm really looking forward to the album :slash:

Me too!

• Like 1

I kept checking back on Roadrunner and eventually it added the autograph to my order. I checked again a few hours later and the autographed versions showed sold out. I don't even own a record player but might get one  lol. I am fucking pumped now.

Screenshot_20180725-162518_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 2