GN'R Central Podcast, Episode 72 w/ RussTCB (NEW YouTube Channel)

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Listening to the podcast now and I totally agree with what Russ is saying about the forums back right before High Voltage and the "new guard" came in as moderators/admits.  And I personally dig the vibe of this forum more now than I did around circa 2009 and 2010.  I know that there will always be drama whether it is about Adler or Izzy not being there, or no studio material, no interviews, etc.  But the forum itself is a lot more pleasant than back then.  I remember when people would create and post threads nonstop calling slash "$la$h" and calling him a sellout, and the actual trolling was way more rampant everywhere

This is by far the best GNR forum out there.  And I feel like the proof is in the pudding, when you see just how much activity this site gets versus any other forum.  

Don't forget the constant 'Axl nutter/Slash nutter' accusations if you said anything remotely positive about either of them more than once. I think it's definitely more peaceful now, aside from the fervent debates about Izzy/Adler/Frank/Melissa. But it wouldn't be fun if we all got along constantly! :bitchfight: :lol:

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

"We recently heard of issues affecting the GN'R Community. We have the best fans in rock, value your passion for the band, and take these claims very seriously. We're currently investigating but we'll be sure to pass along an update as soon as we have one for you. In the mean time, we thank you for your patience"

It's almost like a little bit of work saves you a lot of headache.

But skim away! 

:facepalm:

-

I for one am 100% supportive of rebranding the forum as MyMJForum.

Russ, we'll have to talk Michael Jackson more sometime.

Who is this statement❓Fernando❓😟

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

It was my way of saying it takes 10 minutes to make a post letting the fans know they're looking into things.

Or make a statement condemning threats of violence. 

Pretty simple stuff.

Apparently that takes a weekend.

I've seen small business with no resources do better. 

TB really needs to retire in shame.

Ok,thanks, i now understand , yes you put a good example👍

• Like 1

The longer it continues without simple refutation (a base ''these individuals have no connection with us'') increases the impression of precisely the reverse, that there is indeed some connection between the two-three and Brazilian administration. Images are conjured up of complicated ''three hour meetings'' determining future strategy, either to rally behind the individuals (which would be disturbing) and staunchly reiterate the ''illegality of bootlegging'', or somehow detach themselves from involvement with the internet abusers whilst saving face.

I can only envision something similar to those two outcomes really: Team Brazil do not do personal apologies, and I cannot see them climbing down on the bootlegging either. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 4

I think we need to temper our expectations relating to what's going on.  

Any expectation that GNR, TB, Universal, or anyone of significance is going to take any responsibility or apologize for any personal threats uttered by low-life creeps towards others needs to be reconsidered.  That's just not going to happen for a whole host of reasons.  

I'm finding that many here are conflating the issues at hand.  What needs to be clarified is in regards to how and why certain nefarious individual(s) came to control an LLC used by GNR to enforce copyright.  What we aren't going to get is a comment on the accusation that so-called Alfred Walker threatened @axlrosefan4life's kids relating to an unreleased GNR video.  That's just not within GNR's purview nor their responsibility.

On 2018-08-05 at 10:05 PM, ZoSoRose said:

We are almost going a week now ...

It has only been since Friday that the proper authorities were made to understand what the actual problem was.    

• Like 1

On 2018-08-05 at 11:31 PM, downzy said:

Any expectation that GNR, TB, Universal, or anyone of significance is going to take any responsibility or apologize for any personal threats uttered by low-life creeps towards others needs to be reconsidered.  That's just not going to happen for a whole host of reasons.  

I'm finding that many here are conflating the issues at hand.  What needs to be clarified is in regards to how and why certain nefarious individual(s) came to control an LLC used by GNR to enforce copyright.  What we aren't going to get is a comment on the accusation that so-called Alfred Walker threatened @axlrosefan4life's kids relating to an unreleased GNR video.  That's just not within GNR's purview nor their responsibility.

It has only been since Friday that the proper authorities were made to understand what the actual problem was.    

I get your point about GNR or TB probably not reacting on the threats, but what you say about them not knowing until Friday afternoon is BS in my opinion. The past few months it has been more than at other times, but UZI Suicidal LLC has been around for ages and ages, some shady character being behind it, supposedly. What about this Matt Larsen?

So them not knowing that despite skimming through the forum for years is impossible if you ask me. So either they're involved, or they were too lazy to act upon it or somehow think that YouTube is bad for them, and they think AFD, UYI, TSI and CD plus two live releases are enough to gain fans in the 21st Century.

That was a really enjoyable podcast!

It's funny how I share nearly every opinion with @RussTCB:D I'm also a huge MJ fan, he is actually my No. 1 artist of all time. And Invincible is an amazing album. And didn't we also agree once that Steven Tyler should be a global treasure? :D

And people who don't know their band stuff drive me insane. Axl is the Def Leppard singer? Oh eff off lol 

Where I live, in a small town, GNR shirts have become a fashion thing. There's only one girl I know who has a NITL tour shirt and she was in Hannover last year, just like me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

To interject to highlight a different modus operandi, all the Stones boots - every live show in existence - are just up there to download for everyone on the unofficial IORR forum, linked to places like File Factory. Now The Stones themselves are digging in the archives, so all that happens is whenever The Stones release a live show officially, the bootleg is removed, and a link is placed to the official place of purchase. 

Jagger is known to be a savvy and ruthless businessman and even he doesn't give a shit about any of this!!

e-fuckin-xactly

jagger knows better

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Back in the day, this guy tried arguing with me that "Every Rose Has A Thorn" was a Guns N' Roses song.

He argued with me until he was blue in the face.

I was like nah dude, that's Poison. 

I'm still mad about it.

Sure, anything that have  "ROSE" name belong GNR...:lol:

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Back in the day, this guy tried arguing with me that "Every Rose Has A Thorn" was a Guns N' Roses song.

I'm still mad about it.

Axl could have written a song with that title and then just have lyrics about his dick. Good replacement for AG on AFD tbh, would elevate the album even further in score

On 2018-08-05 at 11:31 PM, downzy said:

This. 

GN'R are just coming off a world tour with another tour starting in a few months.  They just released a box set, singles, etc...I'd imagine their plate is pretty full.  It takes time to decipher what is going on with all of this....especially from a legal standpoint.  There's a good chance Universal may have taken a lot of the videos down due to the release of the box set, etc...and I'm guessing these nefarious individuals may have taken advantage of the fact that Universal was taking down some videos and decided to go even further as a personal vendetta against some people in the GN'R forum community.  From GN'R's standpoint, they need to figure out what was legit and what wasn't...and I'm sure that takes time.  Just my 2 cents.

4 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm still mad about it.

Dude, I literally had the same argument like two weeks ago when I was sitting in a room with this other dude waiting for an interview.

He was adamant that it was a GN'R song, then that they did a cover of it after I said it was Poison. Finally I was like, "dude, I know every song and cover that GN'R has done, they never covered fuckin' Poison."

He gave up and googled it later. "Oh, it was Motley Crue who did the cover."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

Dude, I literally had the same argument like two weeks ago when I was sitting in a room with this other dude waiting for an interview.

He was adamant that it was a GN'R song, then that they did a cover of it after I said it was Poison. Finally I was like, "dude, I know every song and cover that GN'R has done, they never covered fuckin' Poison."

I'm glad he corrected himself :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm glad he corrected himself :lol:

He was actually a pretty nice dude. He plays in a classic rock cover band, which is how the whole conversation got started.

Of course, when I found out he covered SCOM as one of his songs, I did the obligatory, "... so, have you heard of Coma or Locomotive? You should really check them out." :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

Im gonna guess if the dude can’t fucking google properly then his interview probably didn’t go all that well...

• Haha 3

I don't think anybody can help here.  The band can't give permission for any copyrighted material to be used by individuals.  Youtube, even if it is/was aware the reporter was a fraud is now aware there is copyrighted material on the channel and thus can't unblock lost stuff.  And you folks who committed a crime are unable to go to the real authorities, the law, because while idle threats are low priority, you just confessed to a crime and can be booked right now.

Is there a solution I'm missing?  I'm sorry for anybody's lost or feeling like your security is at risk but give it sometime, make it less public and enjoy what you do.

1 minute ago, cineater said:

I don't think anybody can help here.  The band can't give permission for any copyrighted material to be used by individuals.  Youtube, even if it is/was aware the reporter was a fraud is now aware there is copyrighted material on the channel and thus can't unblock lost stuff.  And you folks who committed a crime are unable to go to the real authorities, the law, because while idle threats are low priority, you just confessed to a crime and can be booked right now.

Is there a solution I'm missing?  I'm sorry for anybody's lost or feeling like your security is at risk but give it sometime, make it less public and enjoy what you do.

A crime? 

Rubbish.

• Like 3