Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

3 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

GN’R are renowned for how iconic the openings and climaxes of their songs are. I don’t hear a proper intro or a really interesting climax, to this one.

Nor is there a good proper breakdown, which might be the strongest suit for Guns. Guns had amazing bridge sections.

Basically, as people refer to it as a skeleton, what I hear is a riff and a melody over the riff. That’s the skeleton.

There isn’t very much beyond that. There isn’t any timing changes or chord changes - it’s a steady, straight ahead song. Probably what it was meant to be.

But...as far as the other rockers on CD go, you can find far more dynamics in songs like Better, Rhiad. 

Well, yea... it's a straight ahead rocker, which is refreshing in comparison to stuff like Better or Riad, IMO.

The intro is fine, and the last minute of the song is really good. Axl sounds great, there's some cool guitar parts and the drumming is fantastic.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

GN’R are renowned for how iconic the openings and climaxes of their songs are. I don’t hear a proper intro or a really interesting climax, to this one.

Nor is there a good proper breakdown, which might be the strongest suit for Guns. Guns had amazing bridge sections.

Basically, as people refer to it as a skeleton, what I hear is a riff and a melody over the riff. That’s the skeleton.

There isn’t very much beyond that. There isn’t any timing changes or chord changes - it’s a steady, straight ahead song. Probably what it was meant to be.

But...as far as the other rockers on CD go, you can find far more dynamics in songs like Better, Rhiad. 

It kicks ass, but it certainly isn't finished. If it gets released you can probably expect it to sound very different.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Fuck that. This song was created somewhere between 1999 and 2001. They had 20 years to release it, and now because it leaked it may affect a potential future album?

I feel if they are taking 20 year old songs and slapping Slash and Duff parts on it then it would be a shit album anyway.

Ok my life is completed now

Jk but it’s very cool, some vocals sounded weird to me (All in good faith part) and I don’t think this is finished song. But I like it very very much, it is really better than certain songs on Chinese.

• Like 1