2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

53 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I desperately wanted this to be real, I have the lock-down blues

That would have been an awesome start to the week!

If nothing materialises in 2020 and "The Next Chapter" turns out to be a giant tease, I hope a good hearted hoarder gives us some new material to enjoy sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

On the other hand...why should rick fake this shit and lose the rest of his credibility?

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

Matching thumbs on the Monstrosity single and the Village disc. Maybe inform the original poster of those images on Discord that we’re onto them, or that we have found an identical hand twin.

Monstrosity single?

Edited by ZODIAC

4 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

On the other hand...why should rick fake this shit and lose the rest of his credibility?

Monstrosity Disc?

Yeah, check a few pages back. This is what we endured in 2012. 

On 25-4-2020 at 7:45 PM, Voodoochild said:

I think the 2006 demos were already a good mesure of how good the combination of Bucket and Robin was, even though most people only talk about Bucket. 

BTW, I just learnt how to play Robin's solo in D-tune. It's such a unique approach, some very odd choices that somehow end up working. I absolute love his style.

Me 2, just listen to this song, it's awesome.

It sure is! I just listened to it earlier today. Back when Chinese Democracy wasn't released and the only songs that were out were live versions of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues, I listened to those Ghosts of Mars songs that have Buckethead and Robin Finck, and imagined how Chinese Democracy would sound like :lol:

1 hour ago, jekylhyde said:

It sure is! I just listened to it earlier today. Back when Chinese Democracy wasn't released and the only songs that were out were live versions of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and The Blues, I listened to those Ghosts of Mars songs that have Buckethead and Robin Finck, and imagined how Chinese Democracy would sound like :lol:

I did that too haha. 

And to think people are pissed now because they have no new music when last year we had at least two albums (one instrumental) of stuff to listen to hahaha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I did that too haha. 

And to think people are pissed now because they have no new music when last year we had at least two albums (one instrumental) of stuff to listen to hahaha

that's not the same thing at all though. I wouldn't say I'm pissed off about it, but the hunger for officially released material is about the same. Axl's vocals and lyrics are a big part of what I'm interested in when it comes to Gn'R's music. The leaks are unfinished, not mixed, and for the most part do not contain vocals. Honestly, doesn't compare to a finished album imo. Better than nothing I suppose.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

that's not the same thing at all though. I wouldn't say I'm pissed off about it, but the hunger for officially released material is about the same. Axl's vocals and lyrics are a big part of what I'm interested in when it comes to Gn'R's music. The leaks are unfinished, not mixed, and for the most part do not contain vocals. Honestly, doesn't compare to a finished album imo. Better than nothing I suppose.

That's exactly the point I was making. It's way better than nothing. And I was just making fun of the situation. The leaks are not an excuse for the band to not release anything at all, for sure.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Rovim said:

They are rough mixes, by name. Most are anyways.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A clip of Don't Cry from an 1985 rehearsal has leaked. Hopefully that means we'll hear an old rehearsal soon... once again the fans are delivering more than the actual band. :axl:

Just heard it. Sounds very similar to the Mystic version, just not as “refined,” so to speak. You can tell the band we’re still getting their heads around the song, at that point.

• Like 1