10/13/19 - Manchester, TN - Exit 111 Festival

FabioRoses

Someone commented about this festival taking place on the Bonnaroo festival grounds.  I live 15 minutes from there, and the owners have been talking about doing more than just Bonnaroo there for several years now.  Local talk a year ago connected Guns to a solo date there during the last NA leg of NITL.  Supposedly they couldn't make it work last year.  The local 'rednecks' are gonna love this 'lame redneck festival'... 

• Like 1

• Gibbo pinned this topic
12 hours ago, Ratam said:

Oh! You country is Serbia, i'm thought that Manchester was UK Manchester :D i not had idea that US have Manchester too :lol:

Same for me... was about to book plane ticket to the UK.. damn:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Coachella is actually pretty well organized.

That one is. I've not heard any horror stories or logistical nightmares from it and it's been going a good few years already. How's Burning Man? Looks massive and there's stories of crazy stuff going on in tents there.

On 23/04/2019 at 6:35 PM, Lio said:

It's just a festival with some pretty decent names. Some people seem so frustrated with no new music or no Izzy/Steven/whoever that anything and everything GNR do must be ridiculed. Sad.

More sad is a management that doesn't give a f*ck to proper communication with fans.

Here's a GNR Forum and I can not find any other place better than here to share my frustration no matter how sad or pointless it might look in your eyes.

I can at least speak for myself that I gave up and am too old and busy waiting for another half-assed over-produced record. But I think I have all the rights to ridicule a management who ridicules us by enabling one retard low life guy taking down our bootlegs and youtube channels and the same management have fuck idea on how to provide an official access for such bootlegs instead. All we get from this band is some occasional k-pop style merchandise of plastic bullshit with GNR printed on it.

You guys enjoy the shows and have fun seeing them playing the same 30 year old shit setlist but I would never ever spend a penny supporting this dysfunctional cash grab circus. (Already ignored their terrible Abu-Dhabi show months ago)

44 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

More sad is a management that doesn't give a f*ck to proper communication with fans.

Here's a GNR Forum and I can not find any other place better than here to share my frustration no matter how sad or pointless it might look in your eyes.

I can at least speak for myself that I gave up and am too old and busy waiting for another half-assed over-produced record. But I think I have all the rights to ridicule a management who ridicules us by enabling one retard low life guy taking down our bootlegs and youtube channels and the same management have fuck idea on how to provide an official access for such bootlegs instead. All we get from this band is some occasional k-pop style merchandise of plastic bullshit with GNR printed on it.

You guys enjoy the shows and have fun seeing them playing the same 30 year old shit setlist but I would never ever spend a penny supporting this dysfunctional cash grab circus. (Already ignored their terrible Abu-Dhabi show months ago)

Once you realise you cannot control what the band or any one else does in their life you will feel better. 

Don't concern yourself with things you cannot control. The band and the individuals can do things how and when they like, its there business to do so. 

They don't owe you anything and neither do you. 

You can be supportive or choose to occupy your time with other things. 

There is nothing wrong with that. The band don't expect you to operate your life  based around what they do. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

Once I have precisly listened and compared Axl and Myles' singing and style and that's just ridicilous when somebody compares one of the best vocalists of all time and an average singer from a local US band. Only when Axl goes complete Mickey he could be challenged by Kennedy in other 70% of cases he's easily superior. For sure, Kennedy is a decent singer and he perfectly fits his owns songs, but when the thing comes to GnR stuff...well... most of it just not his type of songs - too aggressive, fast. For instance his Civil War is a prime example of how the song shouldn't be performed - messes with lirycs, fails the tempo. 

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

Myles is ok on records but live his tone and phrasing suck.  I prefer almost every artist live but I cannot stand his live delivery. It is terrible.  He may hit the notes technically but the tonal quality of his voice and the phrasing he uses to get to those note is awful in a live setting. No matter whether he is singing his own stuff with Alter Bridge or covering GNR.  He doesn't hold a candle to Axl in any way.  I even prefer Mickey to Myles because at least the phrasing is correct.

This is probably the best explanation I've ever seen for exactly how I feel about Myles. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

Myles is ok on records but live his tone and phrasing suck.  I prefer almost every artist live but I cannot stand his live delivery. It is terrible.  He may hit the notes technically but the tonal quality of his voice and the phrasing he uses to get to those note is awful in a live setting. No matter whether he is singing his own stuff with Alter Bridge or covering GNR.  He doesn't hold a candle to Axl in any way.  I even prefer Mickey to Myles because at least the phrasing is correct.

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is probably the best explanation I've ever seen for exactly how I feel about Myles. 

+1

• Like 1

I dig Slash and the Conspirators, but Myles comes off a bit mousey at times.  Axl still has that look in his eye at times that things might get unhinged at any given moment.  Talent is one measure, 'IT' factor is another... even when he's not at his best Axl still has the 'It" factor - whatever 'IT' is, it tops talent most of the time... 

Just one man's opinion...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pastortine said:

I dig Slash and the Conspirators, but Myles comes off a bit mousey at times.  Axl still has that look in his eye at times that things might get unhinged at any given moment.  Talent is one measure, 'IT' factor is another... even when he's not at his best Axl still has the 'It" factor - whatever 'IT' is, it tops talent most of the time... 

Just one man's opinion...

Exactly! That's why Myles is nobody globally comparing to Axl. Not only talent matters in life. Look at chess. It's impossible to beat current computers and we still have championships. The IT factor, well said.