The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Hopefully people can go to the records stores next summer =) You probably know what it MIGHT mean!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/we-should-be-back-to-normal-by-summer-2021-says-operation-warp-speed-advisor.html

I like these positive speculations. They have been even occured also here in Europe, even when we are right now in a middle of hell. Just hope this would be already over. Too much stress and worry for your loved ones. Mostly the oldest ones who doesnt always give a fuck how to protect themselves :P

Where I live, might be a small change for vaccination to begin in 3 weeks! We had news today that even pharmacys might start to vaccinate the older ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Hopefully people can go to the records stores next summer =) You probably know what it MIGHT mean!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/25/we-should-be-back-to-normal-by-summer-2021-says-operation-warp-speed-advisor.html

I like these positive speculations. They have been even occured also here in Europe, even when we are right now in a middle of hell. Just hope this would be already over. Too much stress and worry for your loved ones. Mostly the oldest ones who doesnt always give a fuck how to protect themselves :P

Where I live, might be a small change for vaccination to begin in 3 weeks! We had news today that even pharmacys might start to vaccinate the older ones.

The idea that record stores not being open is contributing to a lack of new material is quaint, if not a little barmy. As is the idea that Covid has had any impact. 

Once these two things have been resolved, there will be a whole new raft of reasons you can guarantee. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

On 11/26/2020 at 8:41 AM, allwaystired said:

The idea that record stores not being open is contributing to a lack of new material is quaint, if not a little barmy. As is the idea that Covid has had any impact. 

Once these two things have been resolved, there will be a whole new raft of reasons you can guarantee. 

I have been saying that forever.  Closed record stores and covid have nothing to do with new music.  Its just another excuse that came along to delay something that isnt happening.  They couldnt release ONE new song during this time?  seems all other bands who WANT to, have no isses at all doing it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

I have been saying that forever.  Closed record stores and covid have nothing to do with new music.  Its just another excuse that came along to delay something that isnt happening.  They couldnt release ONE new song during this time?  seems all other bands who WANT to, have no isses at all doing it?

Totally. One song would have been so easy to do. But not even one song exists, in my view. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

Therein lies the rub my friend, I don’t think they actually want to release music. 

By all accounts the rest of the band and the label had to pull UYI out of Axl’s hands to release it. And we’ve all heard the Axl sob story how the record execs too over during the release of Chinese. Now Axl has full control we ain’t gettin shit.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Therein lies the rub my friend, I don’t think they actually want to release music. 

By all accounts the rest of the band and the label had to pull UYI out of Axl’s hands to release it. And we’ve all heard the Axl sob story how the record execs too over during the release of Chinese. Now Axl has full control we ain’t gettin shit.

We'll be lucky if they can manage to release the UYI box set before it turns 31.

6 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

we know for sure hardschool is done, right ?

How would we know that? Just because it’s been rehearsed doesn’t mean anything is ready for release. I mean, I’d love to be proven wrong :shrugs:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

does it happen to play a new song live and not put it on the market ????? never, right ?

The song has 20 years, it's not new at all. The fact that they were going to play it live could be just a 'nod' to the hardcore fanbase, acknowledging us that they are aware of the leaks. That's all.

What you could assume, though, is that a potential new album will most likely feature Hardschool, because the big 3 have already said (one way or another) that CD stuff will be used.
But what you can't do, is assume that just because they were going to play Hardschool live, then a new album can be confirmed. We don't know that.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

On 11/26/2020 at 1:41 PM, allwaystired said:

Yeah it’ll be something like...’oh in the post COVID environment no one wants to buy new music because there’s too much PTSD going on’ 😂

41 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Yeah it’ll be something like...’oh in the post COVID environment no one wants to buy new music because there’s too much PTSD going on’ 😂

Valid point. Funny how they seem to think it's not the environment for new music but the perfect environment to announce the latest cash grab tour!

• Haha 2

On 11/26/2020 at 8:37 AM, MAD-McK said:

I'm so tired of this BS. I'm starting to believe we're not going to hear any new material until Axl passes. When he does, we're going to get a large tribute album with Sebastian Bach on vocals.

If everything is left to Team Brazil (in the event of Axl's sad passing), we won't hear shit. If Axl wasn't prepared to release it, they won't either. Unless they spend everything he leaves and need the cash, or Axl leaves owing the a record company something.

Edited by invisible_rose

13 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

If everything is left to Team Brazil (in the event of Axl's sad passing), we won't hear shit. If Axl wasn't prepared to release it, they won't either. Unless they spend everything he leaves and need the cash, or Axl leaves owing the a record company something.

Bold of you to assume TB aren't hovering like vultures waiting to monetise the absolute shit out of the GNR vault when Axl pops his cloggs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1