The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, merces said:

I was really hoping the release of Hard Skool was going to coincide with a statement from the band and a "full album" release date...

Since the cat is now out of the bag, I think that ship has sailed too, no ?

It was released early in NZ. Still hasn't been officially released in the States. 

12 minutes ago, merces said:

I was really hoping the release of Hard Skool was going to coincide with a statement from the band and a "full album" release date...

Since the cat is now out of the bag, I think that ship has sailed too, no ?

It appears to have a midnight launch across different timezones. Best to wait for an official media release or social media announcement.

20 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

if true i imagine Pele will simply never post again, or change his story to say he never said no vocals exist aside from what we've heard / 99 recordings. 

Unless these are reworked '99 era covers that Axl only started playing recently. Pele? Pele?

This wouldn't surprise me one bit.  In fact I said yesterday, I don't think there is anywhere near enough material to release a full album.

I've always thought the next release will be 100% comprised of stuff we've already heard from Axl but I've suggested its possible he may have recorded a cover or two.

The sad thing is, he'll release that garbage and all of you will STILL think a new album is coming, and say this is just to tide us over etc....

I'm not sure on final track-list, the one thing I'm very certain on is there will be no 'new' songs.  The Seeker or Black Hole Sun wouldn't come as a shock.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

This wouldn't surprise me one bit.  In fact I said yesterday, I don't think there is anywhere near enough material to release a full album.

I've always thought the next release will be 100% comprised of stuff we've already heard from Axl but I've suggested its possible he may have recorded a cover or two.

The sad thing is, he'll release that garbage and all of you will STILL think a new album is coming, and say this is just to tide us over etc....

I'm not sure on final track-list, the one thing I'm very certain on is there will be no 'new' songs.  The Seeker or Black Hole Sun wouldn't come as a shock.

There he is

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

"plans changed" 

That's what all insider info ends with. 

The same 'insider' that posted these lists drove half way across the country to purchase 20 discs on unreleased music that this forum knew absolutely nothing about.

Like I always say, there are 'insiders' and there are obsessive fans (who usually get themselves banned) who relentlessly dig for information and trace and harass people who may know things - and this is how we ended up with The Village Sessions.

It's all very well denying the existence of 'insiders' but there are some crazy people about who never stop searching.

The Wrestler was another.  Say what you want about 'insiders' but he leaked a load of CD before it was released, because he targeted the right people.  Then he obtained and released the 2006 studio stuff (TIL Remix, Going Down with Axl, Ballad of Death, Silkworms with Bumblefoot).  Nobody would have heard this without the dreaded 'insiders'.

All the weirdos who do this are banned from this website so it all gets glossed over.

You like to claim that nobody knows anything, yet these people have released over 100 songs that you would have never have had the chance to listen to.

1 minute ago, Manfisman said:

My friend Pele, the reason I follow this band!

Thank you for taking care of us. You're definitely better than the old one

Are we still getting KOHD? Please say yes

Plans changed.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pele said:

The same 'insider' that posted these lists drove half way across the country to purchase 20 discs on unreleased music that this forum knew absolutely nothing about.

Like I always say, there are 'insiders' and there are obsessive fans (who usually get themselves banned) who relentlessly dig for information and trace and harass people who may know things - and this is how we ended up with The Village Sessions.

It's all very well denying the existence of 'insiders' but there are some crazy people about who never stop searching.

The Wrestler was another.  Say what you want about 'insiders' but he leaked a load of CD before it was released, because he targeted the right people.  Then he obtained and released the 2006 studio stuff (TIL Remix, Going Down with Axl, Ballad of Death, Silkworms with Bumblefoot).  Nobody would have heard this without the dreaded 'insiders'.

All the weirdos who do this are banned from this website so it all gets glossed over.

You like to claim that nobody knows anything, yet these people have released over 100 songs that you would have never have had the chance to listen to.

Obtaining through whatever means songs and leaking them is a far cry from ever having any information. 

The fact of the matter is absolutely none of the "insider information" predictions have ever come true. That's just a fact. On top of which, none of these insiders ever had a clue that Absurb was coming or that HS was definitely happening today / tomorrow. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Obtaining through whatever means songs and leaking them is a far cry from ever having any information. 

The fact of the matter is absolutely none of the "insider information" predictions have ever come true. That's just a fact. On top of which, none of these insiders ever had a clue that Absurb was coming or that HS was definitely happening today / tomorrow. 

I don't think we disagree?

These posters who post mysterious insider info are usually full of shit, and can likely be dismissed as attention seeking liars.

But if people responsible for the leaking of several songs stay stuff, then there is a possibility of it being accurate.

I know who is posting this new list.  They troll and lie, but also were involved in the village leaks, and some unheard versions of Madagascar and The Blues, and they are chatty with Fernando and have been backstage at concerts.  This does not prove anything either way, as they are also an attention seeking liar at times!

Very little insider info comes true, but Tonto/Going Down/Perhaps were known in advance of the Village Leaks.

Edited by Pele

The best thing about Hard Skewl being "out of the way" is ... we have absolutely no idea what's next.

If they're planning on releasing an album, they will probably release another single. Most of the leaks didn't have finished vocals. So there's a very good chance that we haven't heard the next song in it's near-finished form before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

The best thing about Hard Skewl being "out of the way" is ... we have absolutely no idea what's next.

If they're planning on releasing an album, they will probably release another single. Most of the leaks didn't have finished vocals. So there's a very good chance that we haven't heard the next song in it's near-finished form before.

My thoughts exactly.  It's definitely a hurdle they needed to clear, and now anything goes, for better or worse.  That the song absolutely rips is the icing on the cake for GNR fans.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think we disagree?

These posters who post mysterious insider info are usually full of shit, and can likely be dismissed as attention seeking liars.

Very little insider info comes true, but Tonto/Going Down/Perhaps were known in advance of the Village Leaks.

It's not "very little" that comes true, it's none. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about insiders motives. I just know that no music that's ever been released has been predicted by them. 

So...leaking songs in no way, shape or form validates any of the completely wrong guesses these insiders have ever made. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

That sounds awful ! they must be a delight. 

No, they are awful.  They did leak State of Grace/Perhaps etc though.

54 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's not "very little" that comes true, it's none. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about insiders motives. I just know that no music that's ever been released has been predicted by them. 

So...leaking songs in no way, shape or form validates any of the completely wrong guesses these insiders have ever made. 

What wrong guesses.  Someone told us that Tonto/Going Down/Perhaps were songs.

Are you saying this was wrong because he didn't tell us about HardSkool?

And why are you lumping them all together.

What about the guy who posted Sorry lyrics?  Was he wrong?  

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Wasn't that Sebastian Bach?

No.

But according to Russ's logic above, he was an 'insider' so it must have been wrong.

Some (most) of them are wrong.  Some of them are right.

It's better now because if someone comes on trying to attention seek with 'insider' info and no source, they are silenced.

Back in the day, you'd have a new guy every week (remember PRIVATE Hammers?)

• Haha 1