The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

34 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I agree with this, although it is admittedly frustrating that they do not bother to put the zero effort (for a band like them) it would take to market properly, ultimately I just want the music at this point though.

Oh no doubt, it’s always cool to see something you especially dig get the recognition it deserves. I guess in my mind a new record with Axl, Slash & Duff is, in a weird way, even more of a miracle than Chinese Democracy’s eventual release was. Even more so than a reunion tour, which was at one point a long shot in its own right, if only because it requires them to be on the same page creatively to bring the two elements that made GNR special together, which is Slash’s guitar over Axl’s vocals. 

So sure, you’ll have folks splitting hairs about what works vs what doesn’t on the album, people upset because Axl’s vocals are from whenever, blah blah blah. It’s still a fucking miracle of rock n roll. Let’s not lose sight of that. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 4

I work with bands and I upload their tracks to the digital platforms. The reason the ISRC number from Absurd to Hard Skool has a gap is because they where uploaded at diferent dates to the digital distributor. From experiencia when I uploaded a complete album all the tracks correlate one after the other, if for example that album had a single that was uploaded months prior it will use that original ISRC. 

Im hopefull a new album will come out next year but this ISRC conspiracy is BS, sorry :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Wow 2

26 minutes ago, Walapino said:

I work with bands and I upload their tracks to the digital platforms. The reason the ISRC number from Absurd to Hard Skool has a gap is because they where uploaded at diferent dates to the digital distributor. From experiencia when I uploaded a complete album all the tracks correlate one after the other, if for example that album had a single that was uploaded months prior it will use that original ISRC. 

Im hopefull a new album will come out next year but this ISRC conspiracy is BS, sorry :)

We’ll that’s that then. Move along please…walkin as your talkin…

54 minutes ago, Walapino said:

I'm not questioning what you say, but just for clarification:

1. Are you referring to the ISRC code or the UPC product release code? Because the ISRC codes seem to be assigned before a song/album is handed for distribution and they are not related to the release date.

2. When you say, "when I uploaded a complete album all the tracks correlate one after the other, if for example that album had a single that was uploaded months prior it will use that original ISRC," what do you mean exactly? That the single had, for example, an ISRC code ending in ...12 and the album tracks ended in ...13, ...14, and so on? Because if so, that's exactly what we've been talking about. Or do you mean that the songs you uploaded as an album had all the same code, which was the code of the single? In this case, it's the UPC code.

3. How do you explain the blank spots between Absurd and Hard Skool?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, Walapino said:

So if that’s the case, we should be able to tell which specific songs are in between the Absurd and HS #s, right? Presumably they would have been released already? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Since the band treats their music like a military operation, I'd say our best bet is to check Spotify etc. for new titles. Hard School was in the Spotify database some time before the release, it's the usual procedure. As soon as we see a new album on Spotify, even though it might not be available just then, chances are it might be out within the next 2-4 weeks from there on.

I don't think they're using the previously known titles that we know though, so what would we search for?

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not questioning what you say, but just for clarification:

1. Are you referring to the ISRC code or the UPC product release code? Because the ISRC codes seem to be assigned before a song/album is handed for distribution and they are not related to the release date.

2. When you say, "when I uploaded a complete album all the tracks correlate one after the other, if for example that album had a single that was uploaded months prior it will use that original ISRC," what do you mean exactly? That the single had, for example, an ISRC code ending in ...12 and the album tracks ended in ...13, ...14, and so on? Because if so, that's exactly what we've been talking about. Or do you mean that the songs you uploaded as an album had all the same code, which was the code of the single? In this case, it's the UPC code.

3. How do you explain the blank spots between Absurd and Hard Skool?

4. There is a sound that could be from the rest of a previous song on Hard Skool

Edited by Sosso

14 minutes ago, Sosso said:

4. There is a sound that could be from the rest of a previous song on Hard Skool

Yes, this has been pointed out - although other people said that HS started like that live, so it's not from a previous song.

But regardless, the ISRC codes don't seem to have anything to do with when a song is uploaded to digital platforms. For example, AC/DC's first single, Shot In The Dark, was released in October 2020 and its ISRC code is USSM11914743. The ISRC of the second single, Realize, is USSM11914741 and it was released a month later.

Maybe it's different in the case of indie bands that self-release their work and the ISRC codes are assigned by the digital distributor, but in the case of bands that are with a label, the labels seem to assign ISRC's before the music is handed for distribution.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think they're using the previously known titles that we know though, so what would we search for?

Axl in the 2008 chats said Soul Monster will be called that after he named a few working titles like the one with Elvis in it, and Leave Me Alone, something to that effect. So there is one title to search.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, this has been pointed out - although other people said that HS started like that live, so it's not from a previous song.

But regardless, the ISRC codes don't seem to have anything to do with when a song is uploaded to digital platforms. For example, AC/DC's first single, Shot In The Dark, was released in October 2020 and its ISRC code is USSM11914743. The ISRC of the second single, Realize, is USSM11914741 and it was released a month later.

So AC DC’s #s were assigned in 2019 and the album was released in 2020. The #s for those songs seemingly have nothing to do with single order and instead are in album order:

94E54212-52BF-4A09-8E84-79140F0A57A2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

People will buy the shit of it only if the band and the label decide to do a proper marketing campaign. 

There's a reason why Hard Skool hasn't even surpassed Absurd in views and is being already forgotten with a pathetic amount of 1.6M views, when bands like AC/DC or Iron Maiden are pulling off 5, 6, 7 or even 10 million views per single. And those bands have been around forever, they don't have the Axl+Slash sales boost.

Back in 2016, even a compilation of Slash and Axl farts would've gotten 10M views without advertisement. Now it's too late IMO.

Those mentioned bands are professionals with proper marketing. A big thing GNR are missing with Hardskool and Absurb.

They also have a big catalogue of music to keep fans interested over the years. I am sure GnR has lost a few fans over lack of new music and big gaps between albums.

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

So AC DC’s #s were assigned in 2019 and the album was released in 2020. The #s for those songs seemingly have nothing to do with single order and instead are in album order:

So, ultimately, if this shit does actually mean anything the one thing we can be sure of is that it does NOT mean that a release is imminent.

Now there’s a fucking surprise.

4 minutes ago, vloors said:

Those mentioned bands are professionals with proper marketing. A big thing GNR are missing with Hardskool and Absurb.

They also have a big catalogue of music to keep fans interested over the years. I am sure GnR has lost a few fans over lack of new music and big gaps between albums.

Guns N' Roses has more subscribers on their YouTube channel (9,41M), than Iron Maiden (only 2,02M) and AC/DC (8,35).

Yet both bands get 3 or 4 times more views per single. GnR could easily have more views than both bands.

Fuck, even Metallica's EXTREMELY active YouTube channel has less subscribers (7,71M) than GnR's.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yes, and the Iron Maiden ISRC codes order is the album order, too. It doesn't seem to always be the case, though. On CD, for example, the album order is different.

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Jw224 said:

I agree with this, although it is admittedly frustrating that they do not bother to put the zero effort (for a band like them) it would take to market properly, ultimately I just want the music at this point though.

Yeah me too. If they don't want to advertise it and promote to make sure it sells as much possible, well, their loss. 

• Like 2

Can anyone find a band on there who hasn’t released an album and has just released some singles, and see what the codes are for those?

Probably give some indication if they’re not in order that this is indeed meaningless 

17 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Guns N' Roses has more subscribers on their YouTube channel (9,41M), than Iron Maiden (only 2,02M) and AC/DC (8,35).

Yet both bands get 3 or 4 times more views per single. GnR could easily have more views than both bands.

Fuck, even Metallica's EXTREMELY active YouTube channel has less subscribers (7,71M) than GnR's.

I still hold it down to marketing or both songs just didnt have replay value for alot of listeners. Bet most those gnr subscribers are there to watch scom or NR lol.

Casuals probably dont even know about the singles.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

So, ultimately, if this shit does actually mean anything the one thing we can be sure of is that it does NOT mean that a release is imminent.

Now there’s a fucking surprise.

But…this is GNR. Everything is done at the 11th hour. Look at 2008 with Chi Dem. Scraped wasn’t supposed to be on there and got swapped in last minute, which is why it has the last assigned number in that bunch. So, knowing the way this shit show operates, while I don’t know if “imminent” is a good word, I’d be surprised if this didn’t mean something’s been turned over. 

Any way you slice it, nothings official until we’re all hitting play on track 1. I still say this is positive.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

We are nearly at the 500 page mark without a single tangible update from the band themselves. People have resorted to checking the orbital paths of Mars and Jupiter, sacrificing loved animals to long forgotten pagan Gods, and indulging in the dark arts of record industry cryptography... all for clues of a pending new release from GNR, with a bunch of reworked songs most of the fanbase here already know! 

Ever get the feeling you've been lied to!!??

I, for one, am happy to contribute toward the goal of 500 pages of speculation! Maybe WAR is waiting for 500 to make a formal announcement. Ha.

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and the Iron Maiden ISRC codes order is the album order, too. It doesn't seem to always be the case, though. On CD, for example, the album order is different.

I believe Ron Thal had mentioned Atlas had been finished but they couldn't fit it on CD due to runtime, and double albums are $$$ to produce. Maybe it's a case that it was submitted, but because it was not included it, Atlas has/had an IRSC with one of the missing numbers, but it was excised.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Can anyone find a band on there who hasn’t released an album and has just released some singles, and see what the codes are for those?

Probably give some indication if they’re not in order that this is indeed meaningless 

The two ABBA singles (that were released together as a dual single):

I Still Have Faith In You SE6XG2100101

Don't Shut Me Down SE6XG2100104

Bullet For My Valentine:

Knives GMUM722102481 (release date 6/18/2021)

Shatter GMUM722102487 (release date 9/10/2021)

Rainbow Veins GMUM722102486 (release date 10/1/2021)

There are gaps in both cases.        

• Like 1

If we’re looking for these numbers to confirm the album before it drops or is even announced, it’s just not reality. 

All this means is that It appears the TREND is that album tracks get lumped close together, and that’s what we’re seeing wrapped around Hard Skool and Absurd. That’s a good thing. But like I said, nothing other than the album dropping is going to CONFIRM any of this. Now it’s just a matter of perspective.

• Like 1