The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Okay so I took the bait and had my better half test this theory, using an internet connection unrelated to my internet connection. She does not care about guns in the slightest so there would be no reason for anything guns related showing up in her searches. Had her search for all of the aforementioned song titles and nothing showed up for her. So yeah there's that, I'm seeing myself out of this thread for now. I'll check back later if anything is actually going down.

3 minutes ago, grouse said:

Okay so I took the bait and had my better half test this theory, using an internet connection unrelated to my internet connection. She does not care about guns in the slightest so there would be no reason for anything guns related showing up in her searches. Had her search for all of the aforementioned song titles and nothing showed up for her. So yeah there's that, I'm seeing myself out of this thread for now. I'll check back later if anything is actually going down.

I checked it from my computer at work with no previous GNR history and when I searched Atlas Shrugged, ABSURD popped up

4 minutes ago, grouse said:

I used my PC and searches on Spotify without being logged in. I get results for atlas shrugged, SOG and The General. I’m in the UK

3 minutes ago, Bailey15 said:

I checked it from my computer at work with no previous GNR history and when I searched Atlas Shrugged, ABSURD popped up

That would make sense if you were using your own spotify account. Let's wait and see :)

I work in IT and let's just say there are a lot of ways to track a person even when you are not signed into a certain account.

Edited by grouse

1 hour ago, Aien said:

Vocês definitivamente estão pensando demais nisso. Há muitos metadados enraizados no Spotify e é perfeitamente possível que, se um número suficiente de pessoas tiver a versão Guns do Atlas em suas listas de reprodução ou incluir uma música frequentemente coberta pelo GN'R como Wichita, o algoritmo reconheça uma conexão.
Se dependesse de mim, eu continuaria alimentando o fogo nisso porque estou recebendo muitos streams no momento, mas você definitivamente está exagerando ao tentar ler um sistema complicado como esse. Essa expectativa constante de novas músicas realmente vai te atormentar e realmente tirar o prazer quando as músicas inevitavelmente cairem em algum momento.

Apenas meus 2 centavos.

Sorry, I really don't like the songs you re-recorded. They suck, I hope the band sue you for recording this shit 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Sorry, I really don't like the songs you re-recorded. They suck, I hope the band sue you for recording this shit 

Wow dude why don’t you keep negative shit like this for yourself? :facepalm:

@Aien I think your stuff is awesome, I play your Atlas version everyday at the moment! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, grouse said:

That would make sense if you were using your own spotify account. Let's wait and see :)

I work in IT and let's just say there are a lot of ways to track a person even when you are not signed into a certain account.

For what is worth, here is how it worked for me (I posted it a few pages back): I have rarely used Spotify to listen to GN'R and music in general, but I do have the desktop app and an account to which I sign in with facebook. I searched while logged in, and nothing came up. Then I set VPN to the UK and other countries where reportedly GN'R popped up in the search results, and still nothing came up. And then I logged out and searched through the browser, and I got different results depending on the country. So it seems there is difference between searching while signed in and signed out, because in the former case it tries to return results based on the user's preferences (e.g. someone who listens to GN'R constantly Vs. someone who never listens to GN'R so the algorithm "assume" that they wouldn't be interested in a GN'R related result).

Edited by Blackstar

20 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

That's ok. I don't like them either, I recorded all the stuff when I was 17-18, and I strive to make something 10x better than what I recorded before every time I create something new, so at this point whatever I put out even in 2020 is way below my standards today.

Just now, Aien said:

That's ok. I don't like them either, I recorded all the stuff when I was 17-18, and I strive to make something 10x better than what I recorded before every time I create something new, so at this point whatever I put out even in 2020 is way below my standards today.

Don't let that person's negativity get to you by the way, nobody should be talked down for being excited about recording music they dig while on their musical journey!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

For what is worth, here is how it worked for me (I posted it a few pages back): I have rarely used Spotify to listen to GN'R and music in general, but I do have the desktop app and an account to which I sign in with facebook. I searched while logged in, and nothing came up. Then I set VPN to the UK and other countries where reportedly GN'R popped up in the search results, and still nothing came up. And then I logged out and searched through the browser, and I got different results depending on the country. So it seems there is difference between searching while signed in and signed out, because in the former case it tries to return results based on the user's preferences (e.g. someone who listens to GN'R constantly Vs. someone who never listens to GN'R so the algorithm "assume" that they wouldn't be interested in a GN'R related result).

Thank you for the feedback Blackstar. there is simply no way to tell if this is an algorythm thing or that there really could be something going on without knowing the inner workings of spotify, simply because everything has the potential to be connected these days. You mentioned being signed in using facebook, let's not get started on that one ;)

I'm currently employed as a data scientist and it baffles me how careless people are spewing their "data" around. Databases are the new "goldrush". 

Edited by grouse
  • Like 1