The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The more tracks start popping up the less I think this means anything. Would love to be wrong but people really gotta calm down.

To be fair, this is probably the final straw for a lot of people. If nothing comes from this it will make a lot of people lose hope until it’s in their hands physically. So I don’t blame people for being excited. Besides leaks, Hardskool/Absurd and stuff. This is the most exciting things have seemed in an over a decade. So I’d say let them be excited for a moment. At minimum it’s entertaining. Just hope Guns make the right move 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

To be fair, this is probably the final straw for a lot of people. If nothing comes from this it will make a lot of people lose hope until it’s in their hands physically. So I don’t blame people for being excited. Besides leaks, Hardskool/Absurd and stuff. This is the most exciting things have seemed in an over a decade. So I’d say let them be excited for a moment. At minimum it’s entertaining. Just hope Guns make the right move 

TBF to GNR if nothing comes from this, well that isn't on them. We have been looking for clues and finding pretty elaborate lines to follow, so if we're barking up the wrong tree you can't say GNR encouraged this.

Of course, the other way to look at it is all the comments from Slash and Fernando saying imminent release of summer single, or 6 months and there will be an album... so with us believing there is something rather imminent about a release it's not entirely far fetched. BUT I still feel like if there's people here putting a timeline like end of the month you're just going to disappoint yourself. Within the year or early next year seems like a reasonable timeframe. 

Surprise release, staggered release... whatever! just get to it, end of the day it really doesn't matter how they do it just as long as when it does come out the label and band push the fuck out of it so that as many people as possible are aware of it.

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Este tópico me lembra os preditores do dia do juízo final que afirmavam que o mundo terminaria em um determinado dia e, quando esse dia chegou e todos ainda estávamos por perto, afirmaram que na verdade seria um dia diferente em um futuro próximo.

Vocês continuam se preparando para a decepção.

Um álbum ou EP não está vindo. No máximo você terá sorte de conseguir um lançamento do Atlas com vocais antigos (porque não há vocais novos para falar) e é isso. E eu não sei por que isso é tão excitante - Atlas Shrugged é uma música terrível. O mesmo vale para o State of Grace - que trabalho chato isso é.

Estes *podem* ser lançados na próxima vez que houver datas nos EUA para falar. Guns ainda é muito popular no exterior - multidões internacionais apreciam muito mais atos lendários como o GnR. Eles não precisam liberar nada para despertar interesse na América do Sul, México ou Austrália - essa demanda já existe.

Os EUA são um pouco diferentes. A temporada 2016/2017 obviamente não precisou de imprensa porque a reunião durou 20 anos e foi emocionante. Mas a corrida de 2020 - os mesmos shows sem nada para promover - precisava de um impulso. Então eles lançaram duas músicas para aparecer no agregador de notícias de todo mundo, com quase todas as notícias listando naturalmente as datas da turnê, a fim de aumentar as vendas de ingressos.

Isso é o que é isso. Essa banda ganha dinheiro com turnês, não com novas músicas. E tudo bem! Axl parece amar legitimamente se apresentar. Claro que fico entediado com o Setlist, mas para todos no show, provavelmente é uma explosão. E tenho certeza que a banda sente o mesmo - é divertido, eles gostam de seus clássicos antigos, e eles se contentam em tocá-los para quem quiser ouvir, porque isso lhes dá muito dinheiro.

Mas criativamente, esta banda está falida e já faz muito tempo. Não há nenhum álbum vindo e, se houver, você já ouviu tudo de alguma forma ou forma.

I agree dude. You says everthing  

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

If this does prove nothing and it's just Spotify algorithm (or what have you) then this will be right up there with the open letter to TB with MyGNR handshake 🤝 

A harrowing period in this forums history🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

TBF to GNR if nothing comes from this, well that isn't on them. We have been looking for clues and finding pretty elaborate lines to follow, so if we're barking up the wrong tree you can't say GNR encouraged this.

Of course, the other way to look at it is all the comments from Slash and Fernando saying imminent release of summer single, or 6 months and there will be an album... so with us believing there is something rather imminent about a release it's not entirely far fetched. BUT I still feel like if there's people here putting a timeline like end of the month you're just going to disappoint yourself. Within the year or early next year seems like a reasonable timeframe. 

Surprise release, staggered release... whatever! just get to it, end of the day it really doesn't matter how they do it just as long as when it does come out the label and band push the fuck out of it so that as many people as possible are aware of it.

Oh I don’t mean GNR encouraged it any. I just mean we all know the GNR Camp looks at the boards. They’re well aware of the string board we have created. I just mean it would be good fan service to toss a bone. 

Encouraged or not. People will always blame GNR for not having what they want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Oh I don’t mean GNR encouraged it any. I just mean we all know the GNR Camp looks at the boards. They’re well aware of the string board we have created. I just mean it would be good fan service to toss a bone. 

Encouraged or not. People will always blame GNR for not having what they want. 

But we all know something else as well: No member of GnR or TB gives a single fuck about us/ the hardcore fan base. 

Don't get your hopes up, people. At the very best we'll get two ancient turds with Slash tacked on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

If this turns out to be something (which I doubt but hope), hopefully it's going to have a cool proper name, not just some "Not in this lifetime" spin off or just another nameless EP.

If, despite themselves, team GNR has figured out how to do a substantial surprise album release, they can call it Banana for all I care 😆

• Haha 3

Lots of Lucy with the football vibes in here. 

Expect nothing and be surprised if anything comes. It’s a much easier existence. This band doesn’t deserve or probably even wants this type of attention and deep dive investigation 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Let's be honest. if an album was coming, the members and management of GnR probably know as much as we do. Fuck all. They're probably also following this thread with as much intrigue as the rest of us saddos. 

16 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Let's be honest. if an album was coming, the members and management of GnR probably know as much as we do. Fuck all. They're probably also following this thread with as much intrigue as the rest of us saddos. 

wouldn't surprise me lol. Someone said a few pages back that a German site had picked up this Spotify stuff as a news story and there source was this thread

20 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

How can it be possible that no one from the GnR camp did anything regarding those Aien covers of unreleased Axl's stuff on youtube and spotify...

Same way no one from the GnR camp promoted Absurd or Hard Skool, same way Hard Skool was released twice on youtube using 2 almost identical videos, same way Hard Skool was released but wasn't even announced in their official website for like 2 weeks, same way none of those songs had at least a music video using proshots they own, same way the Hard Skool music video was released like 2 months after the song, same way the band never said a word about Hard Skool or Absurd except when Slash was asked in an interview about his solo projects, same way the band manager publicy says in this forum that he is new to this whole thing (being a manager and posting and releasing stuff...) ,same way the GnR camp doesn't even say a word about the UYI anniversary. Same way the GnR camp posts a picture about an announcement quickly made with photoshop saying "LOREM IPSUM" in a corner of it because of how unprofessionally made it was, same way the manager of the band instead of making sure there is proper communication from the band to the actual media, he logs into Reddit or Discord chanels discussing with fans stuff that should be said to the media instead, same way according to them Mexico is in South America, same way when the Glasgow show was canceled, it took like 2 days to the GnR camp to provide a simple explanation about it, while Richard Fortus or Slash had no problem on apologising about it in their personal social media accounts as soon as it happened, same way the manager of the band says to a fan, publicy on the Internet that the next album will come in 6 months and nothing happens, same way when one of the guys that worked in the Appetite for Democracy Blu ray joined this forum and talked with fans, said what you can read on my sign

etc etc

Edited by Uncle Bob
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

How can it be possible that no one from the GnR camp did anything regarding those Aien covers of unreleased Axl's stuff on youtube and spotify...

I think he found a legal way to do it (he explained it once) by signing with an indie label and creating his own versions (with additional lyrics, different chord progressions in certain parts, etc.)

Once a new album is confirmed, we need to talk about who's going to play on them, and our anticipation of the mixing and mastering. All of which make me really nervous. 

The Village rough mixes of Silkworms and Hardschool sound better to me than official Hard Skool and Absurd.

Maybe the two singles above will not be on the next album, and the album will be mixed and mastered to a far better standard like the 2008 album. (Though, I'd prefer the bass guitar to be higher in the mix, something I liked more in the Village mixes as well versus the 2008 album mix.)

I imagine somewhere there's a kickass Soul Monster and The General mix with Bucket and Robin laying down mind blowing guitar, with the usual Pitman stuff and wonderful Brain drums. Hopefully, assuming these mixes are discarded, Slash does them justice, and we don't even up with shit drums like in Hard Skool, and loud AF Slash guitar tracks replacing more cohesive parts played and recorded years ago by the band at the time. I would imagine Slash listened to the previous guitar tracks as inspiration, which gives me some hope. Not to trash Slash, I like his solos on Absurd, better than Bumble's, and I like the second part of his solo on Hard Skool. I just wish they meshed him into the CD2 mixes vs having him replace all of it, but we have yet to see what happens in that regard. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I’m really curious to what this lineup would sound like with State of Grace. That was one of the more industrial ones, I’ll definitely miss all the weird Pitman shit going on.

Me too, I like the intro, it's playful in a way that works for that song.  Maybe it was saved, some of his shit was kept in Silkworms/Absurd.

• Like 3