The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

28 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Was Caram the producer? To me the song has a feel of: Do it. Do it now. Forget it. I don't care. Release it now.

The new guitars on Hard Skool and the lack of that slow intro is what bugs me, but maybe the songs have that effect in many of us is because they leaked many years before, we've got used to these songs, and they are just old songs. It's like rerecording You Could Be Mine with different guitars.

Yeah the old intro was beautiful. The whole school bell feels like such a gimmick but I do like duffs bass line 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Rovim said:

it would kinda suck if it was released again, I think it's a great song but better to get something we don't have an official version of for more than 20 years but something is better than nothing I suppose .

It would be very on-brand for the next release to be “Oh My God.” lol

4 hours ago, Legendador said:

Was Caram the producer? To me the song has a feel of: Do it. Do it now. Forget it. I don't care. Release it now.

The new guitars on Hard Skool and the lack of that slow intro is what bugs me, but maybe the songs have that effect in many of us is because they leaked many years before, we've got used to these songs, and they are just old songs. It's like rerecording You Could Be Mine with different guitars.

Well... no, You could be mine is an officially released song and that's how all of us heard it. HardSkool from the village sessions was a leak of version of the song from 1999. So in one instance you had the final version of a song presented by the band, and in the other you have HardSkool which was not finished. If a fan hears a leak and decides "this is the superior version", I'm sorry but boofuckinghoo! BUT at least you have the other version to listen to whenever you want. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well... no, You could be mine is an officially released song and that's how all of us heard it. HardSkool from the village sessions was a leak of version of the song from 1999. So in one instance you had the final version of a song presented by the band, and in the other you have HardSkool which was not finished. If a fan hears a leak and decides "this is the superior version", I'm sorry but boofuckinghoo! BUT at least you have the other version to listen to whenever you want. 

As always, your lack of proper interpretation is astounding, being English your first language I really don't know what to say to you, other than that you just come off as arrogant, always invalidating everyone's opinion in this forum.

Do I care to explain myself to you? But here we go: I made an analogy, a non-real comparison, about the feelling (which is individual and unquestionable) I HAVE, when listening to a sub-new-version of a old song like Hard Skool. We got used to that song for years, as it was, and to listen to an official and so different version feels (again an individual perception as I'm talking only about myself) odd.

Congrats for being the owner of the forum.

59 minutes ago, Legendador said:

As always, your lack of proper interpretation is astounding, being English your first language I really don't know what to say to you, other than that you just come off as arrogant, always invalidating everyone's opinion in this forum.

Do I care to explain myself to you? But here we go: I made an analogy, a non-real comparison, about the feelling (which is individual and unquestionable) I HAVE, when listening to a sub-new-version of a old song like Hard Skool. We got used to that song for years, as it was, and to listen to an official and so different version feels (again an individual perception as I'm talking only about myself) odd.

Congrats for being the owner of the forum.

I think you'll find that your analogy was a bit shit and I poked holes in it. If you can't handle "negative" or "arrogant" responses maybe you should stop commenting🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, Legendador said:

Haven't heard the demo but the guitars make it sound like GNR. What's the problem with that?

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, Stress Fracture said:

When people talk about Chinese Democracy leftovers, it’s worth remembering that November Rain was an Appetite for Destruction leftover. 

This is actually a fair point that I don't think I have seen mentioned before.

A lot of the Illusions were Appetite left overs.  YCBM, don't cry, knockin, back off, etc.

I guess ths big difference is different people who are in the band now wrote those songs and people want to see what the current band can do.

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I think you'll find that your analogy was a bit shit and I poked holes in it. If you can't handle "negative" or "arrogant" responses maybe you should stop commenting🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

You're just stupid as the guy that liked your reply.

There's a way to disagree, but you sound and act stupid, imature and arrogant with everyone in this forum. I can take it. People can take it.

But you don't come off as cool, you're just embarrasing yourself, kiddo.

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Haven't heard the demo but the guitars make it sound like GNR. What's the problem with that?

The guitars sound thicker, meaner, I think the demo version is way better, give it a try!

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

This is actually a fair point that I don't think I have seen mentioned before.

A lot of the Illusions were Appetite left overs.  YCBM, don't cry, knockin, back off, etc.

I guess ths big difference is different people who are in the band now wrote those songs and people want to see what the current band can do.

But the best leftover never released was "Crash Diet" and "Bring it Back Home", but they say they are not actually GNR songs, but West Arkeen songs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Down to only three Fridays left in 2022, and the current leg of the tour wraps tonight, right? Guess no new music till god knows when. 

You know what's sadder? Only us, in foruns, are worried or asking for new music, there's not a major general audience waiting or asking for new songs the leaks didn't even grab media attention, not even a footnote on the Rolling Stone website.

For sure, Beyonce, Rihana, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles are stronger and more demanded acts on the music industry right now.

Metallica, Ozzy, RHCP don't count as they are aways releasing something, for better or for worse.

There won't be new music simply by the fact that there's not a real demand for that, other than us, 500 die-hard active fans on foruns.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Legendador said:

You know what's sadder? Only us, in foruns, are worried or asking for new music, there's not a major general audience waiting or asking for new songs the leaks didn't even grab media attention, not even a footnote on the Rolling Stone website.

For sure, Beyonce, Rihana, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles are stronger and more demanded acts on the music industry right now.

Metallica, Ozzy, RHCP don't count as they are aways releasing something, for better or for worse.

There won't be new music simply by the fact that there's not a real demand for that, other than us, 500 die-hard active fans on foruns.

Reckon there's 500 of us? Got to be fewer than that these days!