01/31/20 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena **SWEET CHILD TELEVISED ON FOX**NOW WITH MORE SNOOP DOGG**

On 20.01.2020 at 11:35 PM, RussTCB said:

I can't predict, but my hope is-

New single on the morning of 01/31 

News that morning that an album is soon to follow the single 

The NITL line up plays a kick ass show that night which features a drastically changed setlist

Axl turns in an ACDC level performance for the Fox cameras 

Some sort of sustainable, positive buzz is created 

The forum erupts in joy 

...then we will wake up and watch mickey mouse singing same setlist all over again

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 20-1-2020 at 11:35 PM, RussTCB said:

I can't predict, but my hope is-

New single on the morning of 01/31 

News that morning that an album is soon to follow the single 

The NITL line up plays a kick ass show that night which features a drastically changed setlist

Axl turns in an ACDC level performance for the Fox cameras 

Some sort of sustainable, positive buzz is created 

The forum erupts in joy 

This would be the best possible scenario. But after these past few years it got harder for me to believe that Axl still got what it takes to deliver. AFD and UYI Axl are long gone, I'm affraid that CD Axl is kinda gone too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I couldn't give a bollocks about Aerosmith. Do you get the point of the title in relation to Axl and the fans', public's, journalist's etc perceptions and opinions of him in general. Originally it was probably meant to be for CD2 and worked more specifically in the context with regard to Chinese and the new band but can still work now. 

I get the relationship to that stuff. Am I not allowed to have an opinion? I said it was my opinion that it sounded too much like an Aerosmith title. Why is this so offensive to you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

You're a bit out of touch.....sure, GnR fans, especially those on boards like this are interested in a new release.  But, no one outside of that is more than remotely interested and there's a million reasons for that.

I am a huge Guns N' Roses fan and I am not interested in a new album. If it happens it happens but not something I expect much from.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I get the relationship to that stuff. Am I not allowed to have an opinion? I said it was my opinion that it sounded too much like an Aerosmith title. Why is this so offensive to you?

You are correct. You are NOT allowed to have an opinion and I am VERY offended. Expect a warning from Gunsguy. 

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You're a bit out of touch.....sure, GnR fans, especially those on boards like this are interested in a new release.  But, no one outside of that is more than remotely interested and there's a million reasons for that.

I don't for a minute think there's people marking the days off on a calendar or searching "Gnr new album release date" but who was looking for a new Black Sabbath album when they dropped 13? the hardcore fans, and that created ripple effect and suddenly it was big news and people were exited and buying the record. I mean the same can be said for any band 20+ years into their career, yet there are some that still manage to get peoples attention... and yes, GNR do have peoples attention.

Anyway... Slash is out there throwing water on all of this right now anyway, so who gives a shit if I'm right or wrong. Bullshit answers about not knowing how to put a record out... it's 1995 all over again. 

Slash interview on guitar.com just shattered the little hope I had, I guess.

What a bunch of idiots. Without new music, GnR is just a nostalgia act and nothing more. Better break up again, so I can at least enjoy some new Duff and Slash solo music. Better than nothing.

Or reunite VR with a new vocalist.

This reunion has been a disaster for new music on all sides.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't for a minute think there's people marking the days off on a calendar or searching "Gnr new album release date" but who was looking for a new Black Sabbath album when they dropped 13? the hardcore fans, and that created ripple effect and suddenly it was big news and people were exited and buying the record. I mean the same can be said for any band 20+ years into their career, yet there are some that still manage to get peoples attention... and yes, GNR do have peoples attention.

Anyway... Slash is out there throwing water on all of this right now anyway, so who gives a shit if I'm right or wrong. Bullshit answers about not knowing how to put a record out... it's 1995 all over again. 

OK, but that isn't what you said....good job back-tracking :)

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am a huge Guns N' Roses fan and I am not interested in a new album. If it happens it happens but not something I expect much from.

Well, I'm going to call BS on that.  By definition you are reading a thread on the internet about the exact thing that you claim to not be interested in.   So, you have interest.  Most (again not all) individuals outside of forums like this and a few others who are generally knowledgeable about music have no interest or knowledge or concern that GnR may or may not release an album until they actually do. 

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

OK, but that isn't what you said....good job back-tracking :)

Nope that's exactly what I said, maybe you just didn't understand. Although, I think it was clear.

Your notion that this bubble that we're in here, is the only place anyways excited for a record is delusional. There was a time where I didn't use this forum, and I was eagerly awaiting Chinese democracy, I guarantee there's more people like that today.

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Nah! you're wrong. There is a lot of interest in and out of the forums for a new record. Are people banging on the door saying "release something now!!!" nope, but there is 100% a big interest in what GNR are going to release. 

If there wasn't an interest, when Richard Fortus does an interview, vaguely talking about wanting and hoping to make music... it wouldn't be picked up all over the world on music sites. It's not quite the levels of whoever is the biggest pop stars latest release, but I almost guarantee when it comes out there will be a great interest.

GNR do NOT care about supply and demand. The only time that comes into play is for live concerts.

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Nope that's exactly what I said, maybe you just didn't understand. Although, I think it was clear.

Your notion that this bubble that we're in here, is the only place anyways excited for a record is delusional. There was a time where I didn't use this forum, and I was eagerly awaiting Chinese democracy, I guarantee there's more people like that today.

No that isn't what you said, I can read, I guess you can't. 

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

No that isn't what you said, I can read, I guess you can't. 

No, you obviously can't read. There is a big interest. There isn't people rioting but if internet comment sections are anything to go by, there definitely is interest. If you want to read into what I said, and try and minipulate it into whatever you think I said, fire away but it's not what I said or believe.

You are aware that gnr are still a popular band, with kids, straight through to adults of all ages? Not sure why you're having such trouble with this. I also never suggested that everybody is aware or following gnr news.... didn't think I had to.

In reference to the tv broadcast...

I'm scared to see what gets broadcast from GNR. This is being broadcast from 11pm-12am and includes many performers. As TV shows go, there will likely be 20 mins of commercials and 40 minutes at best of content. Assuming there will be some bullshit in between performances, maybe 30-35 minutes of performance. I think we will see 2 songs from Guns N' Roses at most. Probably a shortened cut of Paradise City and either Sweet Child or Welcome to the Jungle. Don't expect much more. Seriously. I've been on this board for a while and it's best to keep expectations low.

I just hope the performances are really good...

Edited by Ak1nney

3 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

In reference to the tv broadcast...

I'm scared to see what gets broadcast from GNR. This is being broadcast from 11pm-12am and includes many performers. As TV shows go, there will likely be 20 mins of commercials and 40 minutes at best of content. Assuming there will be some bullshit in between performances, maybe 30-35 minutes of performance. I think we will see 2 songs from Guns N' Roses at most. Probably a shortened cut of Paradise City and either Sweet Child or Welcome to the Jungle. Don't expect much more. Seriously. I've been on this board for a while and it's best to keep expectations low.

I just hope the performances are really good...

Songs to be aired:

Jungle

SCOM

Paradise City

Maybe Brownstone or Easy

That'll be it.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Songs to be aired:

Jungle

SCOM

Paradise City

Maybe Brownstone or Easy

That'll be it.

Since it is being broadcast on an over the air network, I think you can eliminate Brownstone. They aren't going to bleep out lyrics from every chorus.