Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The UK government response to this so far has been woeful, and I see that very much as the acts of a government who couldn't give a fuck about the best interests of the people and only care about money and businesses. 

Spotted the person who doesn't understand the UK government's approach.

As of now we're in the contain phase and are slowly transitioning into the delay phase (with an aim to move the stress on health services to spring/summer).

Implement too harsh restrictions (such as those in Italy) and you lead to the public becoming fatigued at such measures.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Spotted the person who doesn't understand the UK government's approach.

As of now we're in the contain phase and are slowly transitioning into the delay phase (with an aim to move the stress on health services to spring/summer).

Implement too harsh restrictions (such as those in Italy) and you lead to the public becoming fatigued at such measures.

Nope. I don't understand the approach at all. Nor do many it seems- they're doing and saying nothing. 

I've little faith in them on every level. 

I also don't understand the people who voted for an openly racist prime minister though, so I'm at a loss all round.  But this is probably all a conversation for another thread! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

Just cancelled my London hotels 😔 Too risky for me personally, my city is so far corona free and I work with the elderly, don't wanna bring back something and kill off my 24 patients.. Bummed. Curious to see if the shows still go on, seeming more and more unlikely.. In Europe that is. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, VampireSoul said:

Just cancelled my London hotels 😔 Too risky for me personally, my city is so far corona free and I work with the elderly, don't wanna bring back something and kill off my 24 patients.. Bummed. Curious to see if the shows still go on, seeming more and more unlikely.. In Europe that is. 

IMO a lot of shows will be postponed for now

If a government is going to ban large gatherings they should also ban mass transit. At a concert or sporting event the risk of infection is the people sitting close to you. Same on a bus or train. You aren't getting infected from a person two sections away.

They will use the logic that a large gathering has a high chance of having infected attendees based on sheer numbers. 1000 people using a subway are just as likely (if not more especially compared to an outdoor concert) to be exposed to the virus as 1000 people at a concert.

If a government bans the gatherings but doesn't shut down mass transit they are hypocritical and just putting on a show for their constituents at the expense of people who would like to attend the events.

Regardless, looking at the China and South Korea new infection curves, it is quite possible that a month from now this virus will be contained for the most part outside of Iran.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

If a government is going to ban large gatherings they should also ban mass transit. At a concert or sporting event the risk of infection is the people sitting close to you. Same on a bus or train. You aren't getting infected from a person two sections away.

They will use the logic that a large gathering has a high chance of having infected attendees based on sheer numbers. 1000 people using a subway are just as likely (if not more especially compared to an outdoor concert) to be exposed to the virus as 1000 people at a concert.

If a government bans the gatherings but doesn't shut down mass transit they are hypocritical and just putting on a show for their constituents at the expense of people who would like to attend the events.

Regardless, looking at the China and South Korea new infection curves, it is quite possible that a month from now this virus will be contained for the most part outside of Iran.

No they shouldnt. People need public transportation to get to work. concerts and other gatherings are fun events which arent neccessary now. but work has to go on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Maybe not America, that's still quite far, but Europe? Yeah. 

More artists are cancelling US tours by the hour. At this point, I'll be shocked if the GN'R tour happens in any capacity. 

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

More artists are cancelling US tours by the hour. At this point, I'll be shocked if the GN'R tour happens in any capacity. 

I mean, it's definitely possible, but July is still almost 4 months away, while the quarantines imposed in Europe (for public events) are usually for one month so far, so this may be a bit premature. But I get it, they don't wanna risk anything. 

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I mean, it's definitely possible, but July is still almost 4 months away, while the quarantines imposed in Europe (for public events) are usually for one month so far, so this may be a bit premature. But I get it, they don't wanna risk anything. 

Yeah, plus there's no telling how this will evolve for now. I assume a lot of organization and preparation goes into a tour.

I am watching a scientist being interviewed by Joe Rogan.   If what he is saying is true then we ALL need to be aware of what we are doing, he said there is much misinformation  and that in fact this virus is going to be much more worse than we are being told.

1 It is around 15 times worse than the flue and in a few more months there are going to be a high amount of deaths.

2 It is NOT an oldg peoples illness, it seems like it is as this is just the begining and the first to die are those with other underlyiing problems.

and lots more, if you get the chance watch this Joe Rogan programme

Just now, DurhamGirl said:

I am watching a scientist being interviewed by Joe Rogan.   If what he is saying is true then we ALL need to be aware of what we are doing, he said there is much misinformation  and that in fact this virus is going to be much more worse than we are being told.

1 It is around 15 times worse than the flue and in a few more months there are going to be a high amount of deaths.

2 It is NOT an oldg peoples illness, it seems like it is as this is just the begining and the first to die are those with other underlyiing problems.

and lots more, if you get the chance watch this Joe Rogan programme

If people would take their asses out of their heads, everyone would know that by now.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

He also said that as soon as the Chinese start living life normally the voraciousness of the virus will start all over again, when people start touching surfaces and coming into folk that are infecteed.

of course.

i live in an ultra red zone here in italy, very near Codogno Lombardia.

the situation is drammatic, i work at home, i stay all day at home (except for buy somethibg to eat/drink and for Street bike training).

i've never seen so many ambulance in my life, our hospital are full.

GN'R will cancelled the tour very soon. no hope

Edited by Gianluca87
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

the situation is drammatic, i work at home, i stay all day at home (except for buy somethibg to eat/drink and for Street bike training).

Hang in there, fellow fan. We'll all see them next year, hopefully "with a whole bunch of new songs", as promised in 2001! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gianluca87 said:

stay healthy and safe

• Like 1