09/08/21 - Indianapolis, IN - Lucas Oil Stadium

alfierose

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Please stop with the excuses.

They’ve been throwing breadcrumbs of useless info to an already starved fan base, so they have to realise that when they say something like that on social media, which their fan base follows, we may look into it as actually something out of the ordinary or different, or dare say… ‘special’

But alas, in typical GN’R fashion, we get nothing.

Battered wife syndrome continues…

Carry on then

A show in Indianapolis is special for Axl. In my case, from the begining I got the feeling about what they mean with "special" You could make the case that instead of "special" They could've said "Home sweet home" or something like it, I give you that. But we all know they never make any  announcement. Things just happen in this band. Is that the right way to run things? Of course not!

All we can do is hope and pray :shrugs:

• Like 1

seems like it's not Axl's style to ruin a surprise so I wouldn't look for clues on social media before a show. He just seems to enjoy doing new shit out of the blue like guest musicians, playing new songs, etc.

my guess is that if Absurd wasn't a one time thing, then HS is going to be played/released in a similar way to how Absurd got released or there are no more single releases if/until the album comes out.

Edited by Rovim

32 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm cool with them not playing HS for the time being but I really wish Axl would quit making the "love song" joke before Crazy/Absurd/YCBM. 

Has he been saying the thing about WTTJ inventing the power chord at every show?  I'm pretty sure it isn't true but I heard it on one video from an early show and then he said it at the Missoula show I attended.

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Has he been saying the thing about WTTJ inventing the power chord at every show?  I'm pretty sure it isn't true but I heard it on one video from an early show and then he said it at the Missoula show I attended.

Not sure. I really only tune in to see if they play HS and once Absurd starts I tune out.

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Not sure. I really only tune in to see if they play HS and once Absurd starts I tune out.

What happens when they shock the world and play HS in the encore after already playing Absurd. World peace within a year  is more likely but you never know.

7 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Did it ever occur to you, that the message may not have been directed at the fan base, but might have a significant meaning or milestone directed at someone or something...

For instance, this show could have been special because the lead singer was playing in his home town. The rose emjoi placed at the end of the message kind of give it away. 

Don't overthink the situation.

You then, start to look for things that don't exist. 

A simplistic approach, tends to be the better approach. 

The simple answer is, it was a special show for Axl Rose as he was playing in his hometown. 

He's not from Indianapolis, Lafayette is an hour northwest.  But, he made a lot of references to being a Hoosier (an Indiana native) and "see what can happen when you grow up surrounded by cornfields" after SCOM.  He really impressed me with his singing last night.

7 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Arni's is "ok", but when you grow up on a certain place like Axl did (they are homegrown Lafayette pizza place with a store in Indianapolis), you love it no matter what.  Reminder of your youth.

For real. We have a place similar to this in Iowa and it's the best god damn pizza I've ever had.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

2 minutes ago, axlinkafayette said:

Arni's is "ok", but when you grow up on a certain place like Axl did (they are homegrown Lafayette pizza place with a store in Indianapolis), you love it no matter what.  Reminder of your youth.

Oh yes, I totally get that. I just joked about the pizzas "objectively" not looking good. 

Btw, a 2002 article in the local newspaper of Lafayette about Axl's history with Arni's Pizza:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4901-2002-11-17-journal-and-courier-memories-of-axl-rose-linger-in-lafayette

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yes, I totally get that. I just joked about the pizzas "objectively" not looking good. 

Btw, a 2002 article in the local newspaper of Lafayette about Axl's history with Arni's Pizza:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4901-2002-11-17-journal-and-courier-memories-of-axl-rose-linger-in-lafayette

Good article, hadn't read that one before

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

He is talking about the Link Ray Rumble intro they do not WTTJ......  I am pretty sure that isn't true either

• Like 1