08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Seems to be a theme now with sports. Interesting…

Also soundcheck starts in 3 hours! I say if they DONT soundcheck HardSkool with Axl today then we can forget about them playing it tonight. If that’s the case, hopefully we get Absurd again, at the very least.

Did they soundcheck Absurd before playing it? Tbh I’ve been a bit out of the loop.

4 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Did they soundcheck Absurd before playing it? Tbh I’ve been a bit out of the loop.

They did late at night at Hershey (the night before the HardSkool instrumental soundcheck). Meegan posted a pic of the band on stage with the Medusa background, and Axl was there. I think they purposefully waited to do that late at night so that nobody would hear it.

Just now, sl4yer said:

Nah, I think they soundchecked NR, WTTJ and Wanna Be Your Dog before last show

See above.

• Like 2

Just now, W. Axl Kev said:

Update - my guy tells me they've sold around 30,000 tickets tonight for an 80,000 venue which is going to look very bare but at least it's less likely to be a super spreader event.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised. 

Hopefully some ticket upgrades for those going. And a more sensible choice of setlist, venue size and ticket price in future! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Update - my guy tells me they've sold around 30,000 tickets tonight for an 80,000 venue which is going to look very bare but at least it's less likely to be a super spreader event.

Looking at the seating chart, apart from the top level, it doesn't look too bad though. Of course there is no telling how many of those greyed out seats actually went on sale. But for the first 2 shows they did extremely well and stadiums looked full, contrary to what some people here said in the past months and weeks. And even if it is 30,000. That's still great, all things considered. To sell 80,000 for a concert in that stadium isn't possible anyway, as a third of those seats is behind the stage/offer crappy sight lines.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Looking at the seating chart, apart from the top level, it doesn't look too bad though. Of course there is no tell how many of those greyed out seats actually went on sale. But for the first 2 shows they did extremely well and stadiums looked full, contrary to would some people here said in the past months. And even if it is 30,000. That's still great, all things considered.

30,000 tickets to any show is great, I agree.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I believe when Springsteen plays there it's about 55,000 seats when you factor in the seats they don't sell behind the stage. So there's likely about 20k unsold seats for tonight. 

30,000 out of 55,000 is way better than 30,000 out of 80,000. :P In any case that is more than what would be possible in an arena, so the stadium is justified. And with those ticket prices, which arguably are higher than Springsteen's, they will make a profit. In case anyone worries that they are losing money. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

14 minutes ago, Cruel Intentions said:

This will be an easy pass for me tonight since I hate the Giants. 

As a jets fan I was hoping for a green jersey one but really like the design for a poster. However Axl and Slash recreating the mark Sanchez butt fumble would’ve been the best design of all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

but actual capacity is 62k for concerts no?.