08/05/21 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium

alfierose

9 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Either way, far from sold out. Not to my surprise.

Who's to say though that every stadium NEEDS to be sold out? If they make the same kind of money with less asses in seats, it's still a success. Even if they make less money with cheaper tickets than a sold out show at the same prices it can be a success.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Who's to say though that every stadium NEEDS to be sold out? If they make the same kind of money with less asses in seats, it's still a success. Even if they make less money with cheaper tickets than a sold out show at the same prices it can be a success.

Success for the band, but likely a punch to the financial nuts for the promoters.

If GNR can’t come close to selling out stadiums this time around, it’s unlikely a promoter will offer them similar upfronts for another tour.

I do think this might be fans last chance to see Guns in a stadium setting (at least in North America).

48 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

30,000 tickets to any show is great, I agree.

That’s a good amount of tickets but that should put you in a baseball stadium not a football one. Also a little less impressive when you consider the fire sale $29 prices or whatever they were for certain tickets in recent weeks.

Anyways there will be a big course correction on what GNR is paid by promoters going forward after this tour if things don’t change for the better…meaning not operating on auto pilot for years squeezing every last nickel out of a reunion sans evolving forward musically/artistically. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Success for the band, but likely a punch to the financial nuts for the promoters.

If GNR can’t come close to selling out stadiums this time around, it’s unlikely a promoter will offer them similar upfronts for another tour.

I do think this might be fans last chance to see Guns in a stadium setting (at least in North America).

Well. Not living up to the maximum profit. But I'm not so sure if it really is a financial punch to the promoter. Considering the pandemic I don't think expectations were really that high to begin with. And it definitely is better than what they had last year. ;) But yeah. It wouldn't be bad if GNR had to lower their fees and thus promoters could lower the ticket prices.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

I've never really seen the appeal for a stadium concern, from a fan perspective. Even the "good" seats are sooooo far back and the sound is usually shit. 

Yeah - there's not much to say about them from that perspective. It's mostly a notch for the band and could mean big bucks for the promoter. 

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I've never really seen the appeal for a stadium concern, from a fan perspective. Even the "good" seats are sooooo far back and the sound is usually shit. 

It's cool for the experience though.  I was at MetLife when it was sold out in 2016 and seeing all the people there, everyone singing at the same time, it is always a cool experience. 

I much rather a club show but a stadium show is cool too

• Like 2

Just now, BangoSkank said:

What they should be doing is cutting prices for some of these ludicrously priced seats. This is why I skipped the MSG arena shows and buying nosebleeds tonight. Seeing one rock show shouldn't break the bank for the average person. 

Posty Fest is coming to Dallas. it will be 2 full days starting at noon and outside in the AT&T parking lot. Tickets are over $400 and up including fees which are over $70 now.

I can't image being in the parking lot all day with no shade at all? Even though this fest is in October, it's still hot in Dallas.

Not to mention MGK wants over $300 plus for his concerts? I guess venues and acts want to make up for missing last year. We fans pay the price. although GNR tickets are the same as I paid two years ago, so I think that's okay.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Posty Fest is coming to Dallas. it will be 2 full days starting at noon and outside in the AT&T parking lot. Tickets are over $400 and up including fees which are over $70 now.

I can't image being in the parking lot all day with no shade at all? Even though this fest is in October, it's still hot in Dallas.

Not to mention MGK wants over $300 plus for his concerts? I guess venues and acts want to make up for missing last year. We fans pay the price. although GNR tickets are the same as I paid two years ago, so I think that's okay.

I actually think Post Malone is talented, but who in the fuck would pay $300+ to see Machine Gun Kelly?!?! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I think it’s moreso due to covid than anything else. There’s still a lot of Americans unwilling to attend something like this.

Eh, they were so highly priced pre-covid too. Loads of acts are too. So many huge acts cost so much damn money for anything worth sitting in. It's the product of a million factors, but nevertheless it makes it so hard for the average person to buy 3-4 tickets.

I've just been sent tonight's setlist + alternatives. Is it in poor taste to post those prior to the show? Need guidance from the mod's as to what we're allowed to do.

Edit: I'm not going to post it. Don't want to know myself so I'm not looking at it.

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I've just been sent tonight's setlist + alternatives. Is it in poor taste to post those prior to the show? Need guidance from the mod's as to what we're allowed to do.

If there are major changes on it I'd like to avoid it, but honestly it's almost nearly identical to the other two (and the 100 shows prior).

9 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Its ok I guess. Not likely to have any major diference from the previous two shows anyways.

11 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Edit: I'm not going to post it. Don't want to know myself so I'm not looking at it.

Let’s see it!