Is it time to stop asking/'demanding|'...

You make it sound as if axl isn’t at fault even slightly for the things that have happened to him over the years. He doesn’t deserve all the blame but certainly the lions share of where the band is now and how it was perceived in the past. It’s his fault for the severe lack of new music over the past two decades and nobody else’s. I’ve no doubt there were issues created by others but axl at times has used these excuses to do nothing.

In the years after the UYI era line up disbanded, I’ll agree that slash and duff and Steven talked far too much about axl but axl is an adult and had the means to push back against the narrative against him and he forfeited his chance and sat in his home for years on end. Rightly of wrongly perception becomes reality even when that perception isn’t true. 

On axls voice, I think it’s very fair to be honest and say he’s not trying to keep it to something like it was and again that’s on him and nobody else. Other singers a generation older than him seem perfectly able to protect their voice and age related issues aside sing as good as they have. Within the last few years axl has sung with AC/DC and funnily enough he sounded good there so the ability to sing well is there. He just decides to not put the required effort into that for GNR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Same Old, same Old. Tell your boss he must love you even if you do nothing at work because you are not in the mood of doing anything. You have to understad what is at stake here. He gives his Best live, ok, but its not or free.  I dont need new music to keep loving them but its easy to understand that lot of us need it to do so. Balance is the word.

• Like 2

From a completely professional business sight, we are the clients, so why should we stop asking for what we really want?

It's a give and take, like in every other business, clients usually don't care about the personal wellbeing of the business owner.

Where there's no demand, there's no supply (except useless merch<_<)

...and yes, i know: professional business and GnR (+TB) = a contradiction in itself:lol:

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

I’m disappointed for Axl as much as I am disappointed by him.

He’s tarnished his legacy but he’s done well not to go full Michael Jackson. Mental health problems, incompetent parasites managing him, the lack of confidence that made him cling to the GNR brand on his own.

In terms of the weight, it is out and out body shaming in an age where it wouldn’t be allowed over a female celebrity but it only comes from a place where everyone wants him to be and look better. He’s obviously not happy with it himself but photoshopping and editing side profiles out of live footage isn’t the answer. It’s the management’s answer but it isn’t THE answer that’s gonna make Axl feel good about himself.

As for the lack of new music, well, again I’m disappointed for him as much as by him...

1 hour ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

What mental health issues does he have dr. Drew?? once again, I dont understand post like this! Is it to make yourself feel good?? Just seems.....well lame.

I wonder what your problem is that you cannot debate but only resort to being unkind, I dont understand posts like yours.  If you disagree then tell me why and I may even come round to thinking after listening to some intelligent and salient points of yours

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Despite all the bullshit I'm still a big fan of GNR music and I'm a big fan of Axl. I'd be just as keen for any solo stuff from him as official GNR tracks and keep my ear to the ground for if/when a release happens but I'm no longer desperately yearning for it to happen - partly due to the consolation prize of all the leaks, which I'm still very grateful to The Chairman for. But at the same time I'm even more eager for new material because I loved the leaks I guess I'm just worn out enough that I don't have the energy to be unbalanced lol.

Just like most other fans I understand he's a human being and don't need to be reminded of this. There's a small element of extremely toxic negative psycho fans but most are good normal folks. Criticising his looks or whatever if done obsessively with actual raging hatred or whatever yeah that's over the top and mean spirited but on the other hand if someone posts some funny fat Axl meme, I'll laugh.

It is what it is. 

Good luck with whatever it is you're going through.

Its ok I am not going though anything, not yet anyway:D

1 hour ago, EricA said:

From a completely professional business sight, we are the clients, so why should we stop asking for what we really want?

It's a give and take, like in every other business, clients usually don't care about the personal wellbeing of the business owner.

Where there's no demand, there's no supply (except useless merch<_<)

...and yes, i know: professional business and GnR (+TB) = a contradiction in itself:lol:

I totally get what you are saying but as a client I think I would go a different way about things...but yes have a point.

25 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

The only reason we don't have new music is because it's kind of silly to write songs about Slash with Slash back in the band.

And Slash was the one thing Axl wrote about after 1996.

If you listen closely to Quick Song you just know he's yodeling about Slash.

Interesting, I have not come across this song but shall certainly listen to it.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Didn't you say you were reading through this forum? Give it time. :lol:

Haha...yea I had better have a break;)  Hey I love your name

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

He’s tarnished his legacy but he’s done well not to go full Michael Jackson. Mental health problems, incompetent parasites managing him, the lack of confidence that made him cling to the GNR brand on his own.

In terms of the weight, it is out and out body shaming in an age where it wouldn’t be allowed over a female celebrity but it only comes from a place where everyone wants him to be and look better. He’s obviously not happy with it himself but photoshopping and editing side profiles out of live footage isn’t the answer. It’s the management’s answer but it isn’t THE answer that’s gonna make Axl feel good about himself.

As for the lack of new music, well, again I’m disappointed for him as much as by him...

You have put it much more succinctly than I

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Axl sounded fucking incredible with ACDC. Wish he'd put that level of effort in with GNR.

With all due respect mate, AC/DC songs suit Axl a lot more these days. They are challenging in their own right, I’m sure, but are way slower and don’t have long sentences that are too hard for Axl from a pulmonary perspective (out of breath). 

I’m sure too though that Axl also wanted to give it his all and impress a band that he grew up loving. So yeah, there’s that too which makes you right 👍

50 minutes ago, GNROSAS said:

Axl, all the years he played the victim while criticising everybody else.
He was the first to point the finger and badmouth others in front of thousands of fans.
and in every official gnr statement. Bear in mind his lyrics at Get in The Ring & Double Talking Jive.
He was the one costing thousands of $$$ with his antics, late appearances, childish behaviour and riots etc.
He never managed to keep a successful lineup long term with constant changes.
He could not keep a woman in his life long term with at least two lawsuits of serious charges.
He has been taken care of and even managed by the nanny and her family for decades with very little professionalism
He dragged the GNR brand to the mud playing in Vegas, to a club level, and private parties for the rich.
He was the FIRST of the big three to leave to original band and form a new band with the same name.
His lack of releasing original music since 1993 (only 1 album) until 2020 while spending millions of dollars in the studio
for years and driving everybody around him nuts....
Nowdays his appearance and mickey mouse voice are a big fuck you to all his fans and the effort he puts about it
is almost zero. He ended singing ACDC with more enthusiasm and effort than GNR. That says it all.
Give me one proper long interview where he doesn't criticise someone or something.
And yes IMO he deserves all the criticism he gets and even more!

I understand the frustration, but nothing is ever black and white there is always somebody else pulling some strings and so I am trying not to judge.

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

There’s nothing wrong with Axl’s weight. He’s probably within his normal BMI for his height and age. It’s his voice that has been a problem. Not his weight. Millions of Americans are morbidly overweight, Axl is not one of them. He ain’t’ even close. 

• Like 2

I never understand this 'cut him some slack' thing. It's not like anyone is actually giving the guy any hassle or calling him up demanding anything. It's not some big melodramatic hate campaign.

He's a musician in the public eye, and we discuss him on a forum. I'm not really down with mocking up pictures of him being fat, but I'm totally down with discussing what he's doing onstage and in public and why we're continually told to expect things that don't happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I understand the frustration, but nothing is ever black and white there is always somebody else pulling some strings and so I am trying not to judge.

I feel confused, cause i notice you defend someone who criticises and judges everyone else around him, while stating for him not to judge him.

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have been watching clips of Axl on Youtube since  86 until recent times, reading stuff on forums over this period and I feel exhausted!  He has been through so much in his profesional and personal life, getting back on that stage after each disaster and downfall and giving it his all.  On top of this is the torrent of criticism about everything from hair, body, clothes, voice, lifestyle, friends...there is love also but it is clouded with 'constructive' criticism.   The others in the band have not had half the coverage or criticism or do they have the complicated mental health of Axl which crucifies him at times., hence I havve not involved them in this post.

I feel its time to give him some slack, set him free from the constant observation and just let him be.  I suppose I feel for him as I have a similar mental health situation and as a consequence dont think he has purposfully tried to hurt, decieve or lie but getting through the best he can and trying to protect himself.  Anyway I am not going to comment on new music anymore but just enjoy Guns n Roses as they are.

I know there will be lots who disagree with me but we cal all have our opions while still respecting each other.

You're in a stra.ge position in that you want new music.....yet a couple of weeks ago you said you hadn't listened to all the existing GNR albums, right? 

How about concentrating on those, rather than any new music? I don't mean this in a hostile way, but why do you care so much if you haven't listened to their 4/5 albums? 

• Like 1

Here’s the issue, Axl has surrounded himself with a management team that are trolls, and they enjoy trolling their own fans. Having said that, I will say if you are a good little fan and accept whatever cash grab merchandise they put up for sale then you will be treated okay. But if you dare to bring up a new album (that their own members and management team dangle in front of the fans like a carrot to a horse) you are treated like a piece of crap.

For someone who proclaims to hate trump the way Axl does he sure operate the same way. 

If Axl didn’t want that going on, it wouldn’t be. So by default the blame lays directly at his feet.

And yes, Axl has had a lot happen in his life (most of us have) but also most of us haven’t been allotted the lifestyle that Axl has been blessed to live either. 

• Like 2