Is it time to stop asking/'demanding|'...

49 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Not sure I agree with this. Fans of bands / artists like ACDC, David Bowie, Steven Wilson, Alice Cooper, Rolling Stones... (I could go on) are just as interested despite the regular releases. If anything more releases (and varying versions - trawling the archives for rarities, alternative mixes, live releases etc) drives interest.

I don't think there is anyone in the world who would argue that a band doing nothing is more interesting than a band that does! 

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just a minor detail, but the ending of Zodiac flows into State Of Grace perfectly, so I'd switch those 2 around.

I'd also use Soul Monster as the opening song.

Works for me!

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Imagine how boring GN'R would become if Axl farted an album out every few years like Bono?

It's his resolute refusal to release anything new that keeps the fans interested.

I totally disagree. There is zero downside to releasing music, it is what artists do.

I really liked Songs of Innocence, too

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have been watching clips of Axl on Youtube since  86 until recent times, reading stuff on forums over this period and I feel exhausted!  He has been through so much in his profesional and personal life, getting back on that stage after each disaster and downfall and giving it his all.  On top of this is the torrent of criticism about everything from hair, body, clothes, voice, lifestyle, friends...there is love also but it is clouded with 'constructive' criticism.   The others in the band have not had half the coverage or criticism or do they have the complicated mental health of Axl which crucifies him at times., hence I havve not involved them in this post.

I feel its time to give him some slack, set him free from the constant observation and just let him be.  I suppose I feel for him as I have a similar mental health situation and as a consequence dont think he has purposfully tried to hurt, decieve or lie but getting through the best he can and trying to protect himself.  Anyway I am not going to comment on new music anymore but just enjoy Guns n Roses as they are.

I know there will be lots who disagree with me but we cal all have our opions while still respecting each other.

As far as friends, hair weight of course cut him slack! As for vocal performances it's absolute BS to say cut him some slack. If he decides to go out on the worlds stage and perform and charge a heavy price to do so, then he is on the hook for a great performance... if he doesn't deliver then criticism is warranted. 

There are some people here who seem to love to pummel the guy, but most people people here are fair and just want to hear him sing well... it's not much to ask in the scheme of things. It's actually a basic requirement when you buy something.

As for  new material, he doesn't see or hear about the demands unless he goes online and searches for what his fans are saying and doing... if he's actually at home googling himself then I don't know what to say😄

Instead of *paying silly money for them to just continue with the "greatest hits" nonsense, support smaller artists on their way up who don't have the support of big labels.

If folk stop coming to see the rehashed cabaret show that it had become, it might send more of a message than some moaning on the internet ever will.

*Obviously applying to when they can actually play

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

just let him be. 

I'm not sure if I can talk on behalf of diehard fans but I personally gave up on him a very long time ago (perhaps since Ashba era).

But what is extremely annoying to me and probably many many other fans is the attitude of that parasite so called management family toward fans. From Youtube takedowns to selling expensive toy trucks and laundry bags and weekly insulting messages and replies of the retard son of Beta over social media platforms. Hence the majority of all these fat-shaming, hair-shaming etc is a reaction to belittling behaviour of the Brazilian cult towards fans whom some of them I know personally as being very decent and succesful people in life.

Let him be but he has to let us be with our shitty quality bootlegs at least.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jamillos said:

The problem with Axl and, by extension, with GN’R is that there are too many bad factors operating together. If it was just one or two things, we’d get over it easily. But add up the lack of new music, lack of little nice clips from like rehearsals/studio etc., lack of official live videos in appropriate quality (not half-assed selects), lack of DVDs / released gigs old or new (even though they have shitloads of them), lack of video clips, lack of professional management, unfortunate approach of the current management towards the fans, focus being put only on marginal merchandise, almost zero communication as to what’s being cooked, lack of interviews with relevant information about new material and what’s going on in the band, stale playlists and gigs with the only difference being Axl’s deteriorating form, constant touring with nothing new, the fact that the official band representative’s manners are those of an arrogant prick, numerous excuses (“can’t release music with what’s going on in the world”), the fact that the drummer cannot even answer a question about him possibly having played on a 30-year old reworked song, while referring us to the management who won’t tell us anything anyway – and all this combined with the fact that other bands evidently have no problems not only releasing stuff but also communicating normally with the fans…
In the recent years, only four things of relevance have happened in terms of new material for fans: the Saskatoon 1993 leak, the Las Vegas 2001 leak, the Village Sessions leak, and the Locked N’ Loaded release. Out of these things, the only official one was the least appealing to me. With this frequency and ratio, it’s clear how much it sucks. If it wasn’t for bootlegging fans, we’d have nothing. 
Well, all of this plays a certain role. Despite these things, I’m still a fan and not even one of those who complain or ridicule the Ax-man all the time. On the other hand, I call ‘em like I see ‘em. The resulting stance might be somewhere between, but one can’t be surprised when the fans are getting frustrated, considering the amount of negativity, ignorance, and incompetence that seems to be surrounding this band, or rather its managerial/PR side. 

I agree with the bootlegging part, if it wasn’t for the leaks we wouldn’t have had anything new for 12 years CD- 2008, locked and loaded I don’t consider new.

And I can remember when leaks from CD started coming out earlier in 2008 many people refused to download them because they knew an actual release was imminent. Whereas I think most people downloaded the latest leaks from last year just due to the fact of the last 12 years of crap the fans have received from TB.

1 hour ago, ronartest2004 said:

I agree with the bootlegging part, if it wasn’t for the leaks we wouldn’t have had anything new for 12 years CD- 2008, locked and loaded I don’t consider new.

And I can remember when leaks from CD started coming out earlier in 2008 many people refused to download them because they knew an actual release was imminent. Whereas I think most people downloaded the latest leaks from last year just due to the fact of the last 12 years of crap the fans have received from TB.

When I downloaded the CD leaks I felt like I found my Xmas presents before I opened them... Like spoiling a surprise.  Last year's leaks felt like debt collection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I don't care how he looks, what his weight is or who his friends are. However, I refuse to pretend that he sounds like a million bucks when it hurts my ears.

Also, as the guy who basically runs the brand that is Guns N' Roses, he has done a piss poor job at it for a long time.

If there is no intention on releasing new music, come out and say so. Save a lot of people the time and energy. I'll happily walk away, I mean I'm already a foot out the door as it is.

Ok I do get it, reading through the posts maybe I have been a bit naive, your points are valid:  the voice and I have said before why dont they just come out and say there is no more music...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I don't care how he looks, what his weight is or who his friends are. However, I refuse to pretend that he sounds like a million bucks when it hurts my ears.

Also, as the guy who basically runs the brand that is Guns N' Roses, he has done a piss poor job at it for a long time.

If there is no intention on releasing new music, come out and say so. Save a lot of people the time and energy. I'll happily walk away, I mean I'm already a foot out the door as it is.

This.

He was heavy in 2010 and still sounded great. He was heavy in 2016 and still sounded great. I don't care how fat he gets as long as he sounds good, but the fact that he was heavy in the last couple years only added to the joke that was his performance.

I kind of agree with your last paragraph, but I don't think it's that easy. I think whatever music Axl has been working on for the last couple decades is perpetually "unfinished", and while he probably intends to release it "eventually" he also can't let go of it for whatever reasons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Black said:

Is it time to stop asking/promoting fans to buy a plethora of merchandise products? No? Then it's fair for fans to ask a group of musicians to actually release some music. 

It's been a bit quiet on that front recently. Must be nearly time for some Christmas nonsense. Or Halloween things.  

I don't think anyone's really asking or demanding anything at this point. People are just sick of it. The discontent among the hard-core fanbase is just a reflection of the worst possible attitude this band has had for years now. And even prior to the reunion. From 2011 this has been nothing but a money machine. That's the way I see it. It's not a band.

I personally don't care that much anymore. I don't buy the stupid merchandise, I don't go to multiple shows, I don't dwell on it. I'm just sad they've proven to be such a disappointment on so many levels. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 2

And in addition to my original post in this thread, I think we can all agree that team Brazil have had a distinct negative impact on GNR and Axl in particular. Their barely  veiled disdain for the fans(which is ironic given if there were no fans they’d be nothing) does not help the mood of the fans of the band. I would love for there to be new music to buy but for some reasons the management(use that word loosely) seem to use any excuse bar looking inwards to say why there is no new music. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IrishgunnerII said:

And in addition to my original post in this thread, I think we can all agree that team Brazil have had a distinct negative impact on GNR and Axl in particular. Their barely  veiled disdain for the fans(which is ironic given if there were no fans they’d be nothing) does not help the mood of the fans of the band. I would love for there to be new music to buy but for some reasons the management(use that word loosely) seem to use any excuse bar looking inwards to say why there is no new music. 

I don’t think that’s even debatable any more. Putting whatever initiative/non-initiative of Axl aside, TB have had an indisputably negative effect on the band’s PR affairs. I reckon it’s undeniable at this point, objectively speaking. 

3 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

I don't think anyone's really asking or demanding anything at this point. People are just sick of it. The discontent among the hard-core fanbase is just a reflection of the worst possible attitude this band has had for years now. And even prior to the reunion. From 2011 this has been nothing but a money machine. That's the way I see it. It's not a band.

I personally don't care that much anymore. I don't buy the stupid merchandise, I don't go to multiple shows, I don't dwell on it. I'm just sad they've proven to be such a disappointment on so many levels. 

Post of the year. This is exactly correct. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, fear the juggalo2 said:

Me being unkind?!? You need to get some thicker skin if you think that. 

Also what mental health issues does he have? Regardless of what you may think, the fact of the matter is nobodys life is perfect.  For exam ple if someone is letting their life get in the way of their job, they get disciplined, and then fired.  In the case of the band, are the fan base suppose to ignore that he doesnt sound good & is out of breath...etc...etc? Hes lucky hes his own boss in that aspect. 

As far as his hair, weight...etc, goes, i personally could care less.  But what alot of the fan base takes issues to is he & the band seems to have phoned it in after the initial 1st part of the nitl tour. 

Also if this is just the way hes gonna sound/be i understand that, but you know from the ac/dc tour that he still has it in him.  So for myself its going through the motions.   

Hes always gonna have criticism (which is fine) but I'm sure there's things he could do to eliminate the unwarranted criticism.  So in my opinion if he doesn't care, then I simply won't anymore either.

Well that wasnt too unkind:D  I agree with some of your points...

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 4:45 AM, EricA said:

From a completely professional business sight, we are the clients, so why should we stop asking for what we really want?

It's a give and take, like in every other business, clients usually don't care about the personal wellbeing of the business owner.

Where there's no demand, there's no supply (except useless merch<_<)

...and yes, i know: professional business and GnR (+TB) = a contradiction in itself:lol:

I remember Axl/Dexter saying on here that he "doesn't work for you." I remember thinking "well, who exactly do you work for then?"😄

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3