Should Axl go full Mickey Rourke instead of half-assed?

Mickey Rourke actually hit on my girlfriend in New York. He was 30 years older, but his elegant appearance is made to deceive. 

Now, should Axl go through the same procedure and become the new king of the Manhatten night scene? 

Mickey did one hell of a job as the Masked Singer. He threw away his head, shone in glory.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

Can't we just create a thread where everyone can submit their ideas for nonsense threads? 

"Nonsense threads" made me laugh.

Good idea though. Isn't that the "my world" section though? There's loads of nonsense in there. I think the problem is people keep posting in the main Guns section. 

That and the sheer length of time we've all been waiting for, literally, "anything" remotely interesting to happen is slowly sending us all insane. I feel a bit like I'm trapped like in 12 Monkeys or One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest.

1 hour ago, SAU3R said:

Can't we just create a thread where everyone can submit their ideas for nonsense threads? 

I want to start a thread. Why the fuck was chris pitman fired? He was in the band like 18 years. sure we dont know exactly what he did in that time, but he got a lot of song writing credits. What did he do to get fired? he basically confirmed the reunion - he was so happy and excited. Then a week before it goes down he says its a cash grab. and a blue haired chick is there in his place. Reveals later she only found out weeks before that they wanted her. it's almost 5 years now, a member of one of the biggest bands in the world is kicked out, and not only does no one give a fuck, we still dont know why. 

Edited by JimiRose
typo

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I want to start a thread. Why the fuck was chris pitman fired? He was in the band like 18 years. sure we dont know exactly what he did in that time, but he got a lot of song writing credits. What did he do to get fired? he basically confirmed the reunion - he was so happy and excited. Then a week before it goes down he says its a cash grab. and a blue haired chick is there in his place. Reveals later she only found out weeks before that they wanted her. it's almost 5 years now, a member of one of the biggest bands in the world is kicked out, and not only does no one give a fuck, we still dont know why. 

That's true! I don't think I heard anything from Chris other than his tweets, and I don't think there has been any real mention aside from the cashgrab comment... Still good friends with some of the guys. He had been working on material as early as 1997 or 1998, so I imagine a pseudo-reunion rubbed him wrong: he was very invested in the era and likely wanted it to continue, though by that point they had already hit a wall. Still, I would prefer to hear from the source rather than speculate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I thought Pitman was fired because Duff didn't like him or something.

Axl told millions of people on live TV that Pitman would be fired next anyway, so he can't say he didn't know it was coming

Don't think Ive heard the duff rumour, any sources? And Axl doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who just ditches someone, he's known as this fiercely loyal, die for you character unless he's betrayed.  

6 hours ago, kever20 said:

That's true! I don't think I heard anything from Chris other than his tweets, and I don't think there has been any real mention aside from the cashgrab comment... Still good friends with some of the guys. He had been working on material as early as 1997 or 1998, so I imagine a pseudo-reunion rubbed him wrong: he was very invested in the era and likely wanted it to continue, though by that point they had already hit a wall. Still, I would prefer to hear from the source rather than speculate.

It's just so weird. I know in the great scheme of things, no casual knew who he was and unless your a fan of chi dem, not many cared if he was in or out. But he was in for 18 years and just went without any reason given. There wasn't even a press release from the band? He's been ghosted. I don't know him, but there should be some accountability on axl or TBs part. 

Pitman put up the "cash grab" posts when he was pished. Probably looked at them next morning thinking "oh shite" and promptly deleted.

Folk had already snitched though. Allegedly he turned up to rehearsal and Duff had him up against the wall. Clearly a bit rattled by what had been said.

11 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Thread from last year (the Duff rumour is discussed, too):

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JimiRose said:

We do know why. 

He got pissy because the reunion advertising focus was focused specifically on Axl, Slash and Duff and promoting the classic band logo. He thought he would be included in the pictures... he then got drunk and posted some tweets that got the ear of TB and he was fired. He was also looking for payment for his time creating samples etc. And the money wasn't forthcoming for whatever reason.

You are correct that nobody gives a fuck that he's gone though. He was always 'too cool' for gnr, so now he can go back to obscurity. I imagine he has a pretty decent recording practice, so I doubt he's hurting too much being put of the camp. 

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

We do know why. 

He got pissy because the reunion advertising focus was focused specifically on Axl, Slash and Duff and promoting the classic band logo. He thought he would be included in the pictures... he then got drunk and posted some tweets that got the ear of TB and he was fired. He was also looking for payment for his time creating samples etc. And the money wasn't forthcoming for whatever reason.

You are correct that nobody gives a fuck that he's gone though. He was always 'too cool' for gnr, so now he can go back to obscurity. I imagine he has a pretty decent recording practice, so I doubt he's hurting too much being put of the camp. 

I'm certain those quotes came after he was fired though. The social media outburst was late feb? that was 4 weeks before the 1st show? I always took that outburst as his reaction to being told he was out. 

• Like 1