North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

Just now, allwaystired said:

Oooh, you'll be in trouble now! 

Hater, negative, sad person, no life, etc etc.  

Didn't you know they're all selling out, and it's only people that aren't fans that think they're not based on such nonsense as looking at how ticket sales actually are? 

haha - just to be clear that's not my intention, i want it to be a success - more of a quick business analysis that maybe this wasnt priced or planned correctly.

• Like 1

Just now, DTV88 said:

It’s not approved here in the US so I highly doubt it would be accepted. 

If it's not approved then surely it wouldn't be an issue anyway as no-one will have it? Unless you're coming from abroad of course.....which is pretty unlikely, given the way things are. 

Just now, center27j said:

haha - just to be clear that's not my intention, i want it to be a success - more of a quick business analysis that maybe this wasnt priced or planned correctly.

Oh, don't worry, I know what you mean! 

17 minutes ago, center27j said:

Just did a quick look at some of the major market venues - this is trouble, seats available everywhere: NY, LA, Chi, Dallas.  Playing to a half empty football/baseball stadium has gotta be concerning.  Can they move venues?  This looks like it was really poorly managed/planned.

I'd imagine that in some jurisdictions, they want to have the shows outdoors to avoid potential issues with continued indoor COVID measures.  Worst comes to worst they can just move everybody down from the upper deck and have the lower levels filled in.

33 minutes ago, center27j said:

Just did a quick look at some of the major market venues - this is trouble, seats available everywhere: NY, LA, Chi, Dallas.  Playing to a half empty football/baseball stadium has gotta be concerning.  Can they move venues?  This looks like it was really poorly managed/planned.

If nothing else, they'll "paper" the shows. Half off tickets, buy one get one free, giveaways and so on. 

But yeah, the return of live music should have made this tour a super easy sell but that's not the case. 

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If nothing else, they'll "paper" the shows. Half off tickets, buy one get one free, giveaways and so on. 

But yeah, the return of live music should have made this tour a super easy sell but that's not the case. 

It may also take some time for COVID fear to wear off and for some percentage to feel comfortable going to a show.  I mean, there are fully vaccinated people walking around with masks on for no apparent reason where there are no mandates or policies that require them to but they are, for lack of a better word, afraid to take them off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, center27j said:

Mpls was moved from the baseball stadium (40K capacity roughly) to St Paul (20K hockey arena) and hasn't sold jack.  So look for them to paper the crap outta these shows.  I got my PIT tix so I'm happy as hell though.  

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

How close to the show date would this happen? Would like to save some money and get a better seat if possible.

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

How close to the show date would this happen? Would like to save some money and get a better seat if possible.

Usually pretty close. What I would suggest is entering some radio contests right now and see what comes of them (you’d be surprised) and keep the Ticketmaster and Stubhub pages handy. I got my Charlotte front row ticket for $100 off face the week of the show.

• GNFNR 1

I can't stand Ticketmaster. I truly hate the disclaimer that "tickets prices may fluctuate." In other words, if you're a diehard fan, you're going to pay the $250 for pit. But when the venue doesn't sell out, that same ticket can potentially be had for hundreds less. Moving toward airline-style pricing is just another way for these scam artists to bend over true music fans. Those who benefit are the ones not worried out about missing out on good seats, or missing the show altogether. It's lame.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stryker said:

Usually pretty close. What I would suggest is entering some radio contests right now and see what comes of them (you’d be surprised) and keep the Ticketmaster and Stubhub pages handy. I got my Charlotte front row ticket for $100 off face the week of the show.

So I should just wait until the week before the show to buy (if I don't win from the radio)? My show is on a Monday so it would have to be the week prior.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, center27j said:

I think the pricing for this tour is poorly planned. NA has been toured relentlessly since the reunion.

Compare the value of these GNR shows to the Motley, Def Leppard (and Poison AND Joan Jett) tour and I can se how it's a steep ask for people.

GNR either need a new selling point for the tour (AfD in entirety or UYI theme) or an arena level support. New music would get attention but I doubt it'd make many casual fans drop a couple hundred dollars.

We'll instead get neither and some fans will get very good deals on their tickets closer to the shows. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So I should just wait until the week before the show to buy (if I don't win from the radio)? My show is on a Monday so it would have to be the week prior.

Yeah, as Stryker said you'll start seeing discounts within a week or so. 

Depending on how close you wanna cut it, you can get yourself a GREAT deal going through StubHub. Wait until an hour or so before the show when the "ticket services" are in full panic mode because they're losing tons of money on the show. 

You'll be able to get pretty much any seat you want at a fraction of face value. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, as Stryker said you'll start seeing discounts within a week or so. 

Depending on how close you wanna cut it, you can get yourself a GREAT deal going through StubHub. Wait until an hour or so before the show when the "ticket services" are in full panic mode because they're losing tons of money on the show. 

You'll be able to get pretty much any seat you want at a fraction of face value. 

That sounds kind of risky, I guess that's assuming the show isn't completely sold out?

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I can't stand Ticketmaster. I truly hate the disclaimer that "tickets prices may fluctuate." In other words, if you're a diehard fan, you're going to pay the $250 for pit. But when the venue doesn't sell out, that same ticket can potentially be had for hundreds less. Moving toward airline-style pricing is just another way for these scam artists to bend over true music fans. Those who benefit are the ones not worried out about missing out on good seats, or missing the show altogether. It's lame.

Ticketmaster and Live Nation are pretty terrible companies

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That sounds kind of risky, I guess that's assuming the show isn't completely sold out?

I assure you none of these shows are going to be sold out. 

The tour kicked off here in Detroit in 2016. The buzz was at an all time high back then. The show was even touted as "sold out" about a week prior. 

I threw an all day party at my house and a buddy came to the party but wasn't going to the show. About 4 o'clock or so, he caved and decided to get a ticket. He was able to grab a face value floor ticket off of Ticketmaster with ease. 

As we were walking in, tons of "ticket brokers" were dumping their tickets for half price. If it was like that for the tour opener 5 years ago, there's absolutely zero risk now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The tour kicked off here in Detroit in 2016. The buzz was at an all time high back then. The show was even touted as "sold out" about a week prior. 

I threw an all day party at my house and a buddy came to the party but wasn't going to the show. About 4 o'clock or so, he caved and decided to get a ticket. He was able to grab a face value floor ticket off of Ticketmaster with ease. 

As we were walking in, tons of "ticket brokers" were dumping their tickets for half price. If it was like that for the tour opener 5 years ago, there's absolutely zero risk now. 

Unless I'm reading the map wrong,Hershey looks to be pretty well sold. I may try to go there but I don't think I'll have a problem getting to the show and pulling up a good ticket on stubhub for around half price. One of the only shows I wanted to go to that I didn't see prices falling was Paul McCartney in Buffalo a few years ago. Other than that it's not hard to get into pretty much anything if you are patient enough. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, James Bond said:

As a side note, it's kind of funny to think that DJ Ashba had a huge hand in Saints of Los Angeles. There was a brief a period of time where we might have received the equivalent to that under the GNR name.

We all know how Axl works. The songwriting credits might go to Axl, DJ, Chris and Brain, while Slash and Bucket will play the guitar solos. :lol:

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I remember reading about your party on here, wish I could've been there. Do you happen to remember how much the face value floor ticket was? Just trying to get an idea of how much it might be, although I know the prices went up after the first round of the tour. For the ticket brokers, are you referring to people standing outside the venue?

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

I remember reading about your party on here, wish I could've been there. Do you happen to remember how much the face value floor ticket was? Just trying to get an idea of how much it might be, although I know the prices went up after the first round of the tour. For the ticket brokers, are you referring to people standing outside the venue?

Yeah, that's who I mean when I say brokers and I an't remember what the face value was for floor back then. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you from buying tickets overall. I'm just saying there's no chance it'll sell out and I'm very confident you'll be able to get a discount if you want to. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, that's who I mean when I say brokers and I an't remember what the face value was for floor back then. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you from buying tickets overall. I'm just saying there's no chance it'll sell out and I'm very confident you'll be able to get a discount if you want to. 

I was going to wait until mid August but I guess I should wait a little later. Thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Other than the time I saw Pearl Jam at Wrigley in 2016 and part of the show was released as a live album. 

Well, fuck it. I tried and failed. But, GNR have never played Wrigley so your assumption that it’s just a another cash grab show for the band is just your opinion. The band don’t seem to be lost that certain venues are magic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Usually some days out. 3-4 in my experience with this tour. I’ve seen it at every show I attended. I’m a veteran and there is a website that gets free tickets to vets, and GNR shows almost always showed up for free tickets. More than any major band by a long shot. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Usually some days out. 3-4 in my experience with this tour. I’ve seen it at every show I attended. I’m a veteran and there is a website that gets free tickets to vets, and GNR shows almost always showed up for free tickets. More than any major band by a long shot. 

Thanks for your services 🙂

• Like 1