North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

On 6/10/2021 at 6:36 AM, Bitchisback said:

This was a really fun night.  I live about an hour from Philly in the Lehigh Valley and I've seen so many concerts at the BB&T pavilion, honestly almost all my favorite artists.  So seeing Axl on that stage just felt very right and special.  He also sounded great that night and they had a good set.  

I'm really missing that place.  Last time I was there was for Beck and Cage the Elephant August of 2019 

Camden had one of the best Rocket Queen’s of the 09/14 period 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 1:20 AM, Bitchisback said:

I was at that show.  It was definitely special.  It was also Slash's birthday which was cool.

I was actually at the Philadelphia show at Lincoln Financial Field the week before and I have to say that was an even more special night.  Axl definitely had something to prove after the show cancellation in 2002 and he 100% brought it.  I honestly think it's the best concert I was ever to.  The first time I got to see Axl, Slash and Duff together, Axl sounded fantastic and was incredible all might.  Just a really amazing night. The crowd was intense and passionate all night.  I still get chills thinking about it. 

See if you can track down a video of welcome to the jungle from that show

totally agree.  my favorite show ever.  I found a video of wtj on YouTube just now. 

there's so a guy who posted the entire show a few years ago but I guess GNR made him take it down.  I tried reaching out to him to see if he'd sell me a DVD but he never responded.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

I purchased PIT tickets to Wrigley today.

Me too. The first time it showed a pit ticket in my cart and then I checked out and the confirmation email gave me a random field seat. I was so pissed.

The site was acting weird and denied 5 different cards. So after I got the field seat I tried pit again with one of the 5 cards I previously tried with and it went through. 
I realized there were no refunds or exchanges.

So now I have a random ass field seat and a pit ticket. I called Wrigley and they confirmed no exchanges. The woman said we can let you buy one of the GA tickets, we have a few left, and that I should try to sell my “investment” on a resale site. Like she was doing me a favor by selling me the ticket that I had already been trying to buy, that I should have gotten in the first place. I had to hang up because I was about to cuss the old rude bitch out. 

If I can’t get rid of the extra ticket I am just going to pretend I bought one of the over priced VIP packages and forget about it. My flight is booked and I am going. I am a big Cubs fan so I am looking forward to going to Wrigley for this.

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Me too. The first time it showed a pit ticket in my cart and then I checked out and the confirmation email gave me a random field seat. I was so pissed.

The site was acting weird and denied 5 different cards. So after I got the field seat I tried pit again with one of the 5 cards I previously tried with and it went through. 
I realized there were no refunds or exchanges.

So now I have a random ass field seat and a pit ticket. I called Wrigley and they confirmed no exchanges. The woman said we can let you buy one of the GA tickets, we have a few left, and that I should try to sell my “investment” on a resale site. Like she was doing me a favor by selling me the ticket that I had already been trying to buy, that I should have gotten in the first place. I had to hang up because I was about to cuss the old rude bitch out. 

If I can’t get rid of the extra ticket I am just going to pretend I bought one of the over priced VIP packages and forget about it. My flight is booked and I am going. I am a big Cubs fan so I am looking forward to going to Wrigley for this.

Are you going alone?

On 6/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, Ixtlan said:

Are you going alone?

Yes, my wife wasn’t able to get off work and I told her I thought I was still going to go and she said okay have fun. That’s not what I was expecting her to say, so I hurried and booked everything as quickly as I could 😂. None of my friends will pay these ticket prices to see GN’R, but especially also having to pay to fly to Chicago. They all think that I am completely crazy….and I might be but I have just always enjoyed the band and my friends opinions don’t matter to me 😂

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Haha 2

do any of you guys know if the band will honor the old tickets? my fiance bought me tickets to the boston show before covid, only thing is she bought them from a third party site.  I thought i saw that only ticketmaster purchases will be honored for the new date.  Does anyone perhaps have any more info about that?

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yes, my wife wasn’t able to get off work and I told her I thought I was still going to go and she said okay have fun. That’s not what I was expecting her to say, so I hurried and booked everything as quickly as I could 😂. None of my friends will pay these ticket prices to see GN’R, but especially also having to pay to fly to Chicago. They all think that I am completely crazy….and I might be but I have just always enjoyed the band and their opinions don’t matter to me 😂

Hit me up on PM. I’ll try to bring you to the ADA section in front of the PIT. I can bring one person. No promises. But I’ll give you my number and see what I can do that day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew07 said:

do any of you guys know if the band will honor the old tickets? my fiance bought me tickets to the boston show before covid, only thing is she bought them from a third party site.  I thought i saw that only ticketmaster purchases will be honored for the new date.  Does anyone perhaps have any more info about that?

Check the webpage of the event host for that show. Mine (Comerica Park, Detroit MI) is honoring tickets to previous shows that were canceled.

I've always wanted to go to Hersheypark. It's a six hour drive from upstate New York. The show looks to be selling decently. I still plan to wait til 30 minutes before the show and play around on Stubhub. As I told @RussTCB the only time this strategy didn't work for me was Paul McCartney in Buffalo probably eight or so years ago at our arena. The tickets didn't drop in price on Stubhub and the box office opened up seats at face value but they sold out while I was in line .

I think that it being a Saturday night, at a busy park/tour opener could lead to a good crowd but I'm still confident I will get good seats for below face value. Usually I'd settle for lawn but it's my Daughter's first Gn'R show so I'm hoping to snag decent seats below cost right before WVH hits the stage. 

As someone who was lucky enough to see ten or so shows last tour,I just can't see myself dropping $100 plus a ticket when I don't know that it'll be much different from NITL. 

Edited by Subtle Signs

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

I've always wanted to go to Hersheypark. It's a six hour drive from upstate New York. The show looks to be selling decently. I still plan to wait til 30 minutes before the show and play around on Stubhub. As I told @RussTCB the only time this strategy didn't work for me was Paul McCartney in Buffalo probably eight or so years ago at our arena. The tickets didn't drop in price on Stubhub and the box office opened up seats at face value but they sold out while I was in line .

I think that it being a Saturday night, at a busy park/tour opener could lead to a good crowd but I'm still confident I will get good seats for below face value. Usually I'd settle for lawn but it's my Daughter's first Gn'R show so I'm hoping to snag decent seats below cost right before WVH hits the stage. 

As someone who was lucky enough to see ten or so shows last tour,I just can't see myself dropping $100 plus a ticket when I don't know that it'll be much different from NITL. 

Myself and a buddy waited on Hershey last time. We ended up buying great floor seats on Stubhub for well under face.

Unfortunately the “seller” was listing them on multiple sites and double sold them. When we went to scan in the tickets the already been scanned. We called up Sthbhub, got a full refund and were issued inferior seats for free, as most of the listings had ended. Ultimately after further complaining in the days that followed, stubhub issued me credit in the value of the original payment, meaning I essentially was paid to go. Not a bad deal!

With this being the second time they’re playing Hershey, prices will absolutely drop closer to 7/31. Your patience will be rewarded.

Edited by Stryker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There's some shitty bands on that lineup (lol Airbourne) but Ayron Jones and Dirty Honey opening for GNR would be a good show.

There's almost every relevant band playing there. That lineup for the seven days is absolutely insane

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 1

GNR and Metallica to headline Hellfest. 

I don't like the idea of huge festivals this year. Not sure how safe you can be with all those people crushed together?

22 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

There's almost every relevant band playing there. That lineup for the seven days is absolutely insane

I saw Airbourne open for Bullet for my Valentine years ago. They weren't that bad.

4 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Not fond of huge festivals with multiple bands. Too long and has to be too damn hot.

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Yea there's good bands spread across those 7 days, but I was just talking about GNR's day. I honestly don't see how Airbourne are so high on the list though, I've never met anyone who actually likes them lol. I saw them open for Motley Crue years ago and they sucked.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea there's good bands spread across those 7 days, but I was just talking about GNR's day. I honestly don't see how Airbourne are so high on the list though, I've never met anyone who actually likes them lol. I saw them open for Motley Crue years ago and they sucked.

They've clearly spunked all the money out on the headliners and settled for cheaper bands on the rest of the bill.

6 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

GNR and Metallica to headline Hellfest. 

I don't like the idea of huge festivals this year. Not sure how safe you can be with all those people crushed together?

I saw Airbourne open for Bullet for my Valentine years ago. They weren't that bad.

Not fond of huge festivals with multiple bands. Too long and has to be too damn hot.

Hellfest is next June, still a year away. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Airbourne is pretty big outside North America. Anytime I've seen them on a festival (Several in Europe and several in Australia) they've been a mid-late afternoon, main stage act. I'm not a massive fan or anything but they're fun enough. Definitely more in their element playing outdoor festivals than indoor gigs of any size.