Axl Rose:Guns N Roses Frontman

It looks like the show from 2019, Guns N' Roses: Breaking the band, comes on before the Axl show aires. I hope the Axl show is better than that was. Judging by the description on the Reelz website I am not betting that it will be 😂

This is the description

Axl Rose: Guns N' Roses Frontman

Axl Rose, lead singer of Guns N' Roses, famous for hits like Paradise City and Sweet Child of Mine, is one of the most unpredictable rock stars of all time. At the height of his fame he systematically went about destroying everything around him – the band, his relationships, even himself. But why? In this seminal two hour biopic, told by some of those who knew him the best, we explore the tortured life of this most iconic of frontmen - a man damaged by his strict, abusive upbringing who suffered from manic depression coupled with an immense talent that he didn't know how to control; a man who seemed to bask in chaos and controversy; a man who for years alienated everyone around him, before disappearing from public view for ten years. When he finally emerged and reunited with Guns 'N' Roses he was almost unrecognisable, his demons seemingly vanquished; finally at peace with himself. This is the incredible story of Axl Rose.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

It looks like the show from 2019, Guns N' Roses: Breaking the band, comes on before the Axl show aires. I hope the Axl show is better than that was. Judging by the description on the Reelz website I am not betting that it will be 😂

This is the description

Axl Rose: Guns N' Roses Frontman

Axl Rose, lead singer of Guns N' Roses, famous for hits like Paradise City and Sweet Child of Mine, is one of the most unpredictable rock stars of all time. At the height of his fame he systematically went about destroying everything around him – the band, his relationships, even himself. But why? In this seminal two hour biopic, told by some of those who knew him the best, we explore the tortured life of this most iconic of frontmen - a man damaged by his strict, abusive upbringing who suffered from manic depression coupled with an immense talent that he didn't know how to control; a man who seemed to bask in chaos and controversy; a man who for years alienated everyone around him, before disappearing from public view for ten years. When he finally emerged and reunited with Guns 'N' Roses he was almost unrecognisable, his demons seemingly vanquished; finally at peace with himself. This is the incredible story of Axl Rose.

It's not "Sweet Child of Mine", and make up your mind whether "Guns N' Roses" or "Guns 'N' Roses", would you? 

I.e. thanks but no, thanks...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

The guy playing him in the live action reenactment of his arrest doesn’t even look like him.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, they could at least have given him a red wig.

That's how most of their "documentaries" are. The GnR breaking the band one was the same way, the actors didn't look anything at all like the real guys.

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's how most of their "documentaries" are. The GnR breaking the band one was the same way, the actors didn't look anything at all like the real guys.

I thought Slash and Axl were surprisingly pretty close in that one actually. The rest looked awful tho.

8 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yep sounds like his voice.

It's definitely him:

This is the incredible story of Axl Rose as told by people who shared in his journey including teenage friend Monica Gregory, early Guns N' Roses manager Vicky Hamilton, tour manager John Reese, journalist and biographer Mick Wall and Tom Zutaut who was an A&R executive Geffen Records along with Doug Goldstein who managed Rose from 1987- 2004. 

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2020/12/16/january-2021-premieres-spotlight-gripping-new-stories-about-stars-of-the-screen-rock-music-legends-and-true-crime-villains-277401/20201216reelz01/