Use Your Illusion 30 Year Anniversary Reissues

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Right Next Door To Hell? A song literally written about hating a woman? Canceled.

You Ain't The First? A misogynistic redneck song? Canceled.

Back Off Bitch? OMG don't even. Canceled.

Garden Of Eden? We got racial violence, and who'll cast the first stone? Racist. Canceled.

Pretty Tied Up? That woman is a free spirit who should be celebrated, not degraded. Canceled.

You Could Be Mine? Like, your property? Canceled.

Attitude? Abusing women is not 'punk'. Canceled.

Look At Your Game, Girl? That's literally like using Hitler's artwork as your album cover. Canceled.

It's ok, they're kid friendly these days.

Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes and Daddies taking their 'little girl to their first gig', to hear all those family-friendly lyrics! 

People are pretty selective when it comes to 'cancelling' things it seems. Not sure how GNR have managed it, but they seem to have dodged it all pretty well, so far! 

• Like 1

It's really sad that 5+ years after the reunion the only things that are in the works are reissues of 30-35 year old records. Ridiculously overpriced of course. Who doesn't prefer a belt buckle, bandana, replica temporary tattoos, replica ticket stubs and a few buttons over new music? You all must be crazy not to celebrate the great work of this band. :jerkoff:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

It's really sad that 5+ years after the reunion the only things that are in the works are reissues of 30-35 year old records. Ridiculously overpriced of course. Who doesn't prefer a belt buckle, bandana, replica temporary tattoos, replica ticket stubs and a few buttons over new music? You all must be crazy not to celebrate the great work of this band. :jerkoff:

lol, don't forget the toy truck!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

And then, if you sign Spotify, you'll get it for "free"! What a shame! So much hidden material, maybe GNR is the band with the most material put together in the world, but non released.

Imagine how may concerts are pro-shot recorded (at least more than 100), how many songs with vocals (at least 50), how many instrumentals (more than 100), how many song ideas like "The Plague" or riffs (more than 100).

They could've release a real size book with all the NITL litographs and it'd be gold!

They could've release a picture / history book like Reckles Road and it'd be gold!

How? Why?

21 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

Steven should know by now, right?  I mean should he get some money from this if it was him?  surely he saw a paycheck by now??

That's what I was thinking - as far as I recall, Steven said he wasn't sure if it's him on drums - and I thought, well surely it should be clear who's on drums because if it was Steven he would have to be credited and paid for it, so how can it even be a case of uncertainty who it was?

3 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

Sure!!! And that amazing laundry bag!!!!

I found one lying on the street by my house, pretty pleased with that, lol 💪

Edited by Nice Boy

9 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

But either way, if the record company releases a single which they've played on then they would surely be informed of that ?

Not necessarily. The only people credited with writing SOYL are Axl, Izzy and Paul. Steven might just get bulk cheques every so often for albums sales, singles/downloads, radio play, etc. so he probably wouldn't be paid specifically for SOYL.

3 minutes ago, lantern said:

that's wrong, it's the 5 + tobias

Actually on the 7" vinyl it's credited to only Axl and Izzy. Move To The City (Acoustic) is credited to Guns N' Roses & Chris Weber. But on wiki, SOYL is credited to Axl, Izzy and Paul, probably because those are the credits for the Hollywood Rose version.

4 minutes ago, lantern said:

I'm talking about the version on the remaster. That's the 5 + tobias. Only songs that aren't the 5 are the post afd demos such as back off bitch. And the credits of the remaster aren't close to right.

The 7" vinyl is the remastered version though. Are you talking about credits in the L&L box/super deluxe edition? Weird that they'd be different...

8 hours ago, Chester 524 said:

lol, don't forget the toy truck!!!

5 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

Sure!!! And that amazing laundry bag!!!!

I have both the toy truck (Christmas gift), and the laundry bag (purchased myself).

No regrets. Two of the more unique items that used to be in their merch store.

Aside from the AFD related box sets, everything they're selling now is garbage.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not necessarily. The only people credited with writing SOYL are Axl, Izzy and Paul. Steven might just get bulk cheques every so often for albums sales, singles/downloads, radio play, etc. so he probably wouldn't be paid specifically for SOYL.

great point 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, jamillos said:

I didn't even know SOYL was included on the 2020 Greatest Hits re-issue (or that there was one). FWIW

It’s funny to me that the non crowd noise version of SOYL was always one of my favorites, and then the “touched up” version ends up on the GH re-issue. It’s sounds completely out of place with those drums and the new guitar work.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, -W.A.R- said:

I think he meant MFSL (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab) - Its an audiophile thing. They remastered AFD and both Illusions.

They did GNR Lies too back in 99 and if u don't wanna pay above 100 $ for each CD u can download them from the Russian tracker

6 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

It really was, it was blank tapes a go go back then, I would spend entire nights copying tapes swapped at school that day. I was 12 in 91 and it was mostly the older brothers of my friends who bought the tapes or got the live bootlegs we traded. 

Use your illusion 1 & 2 came my way in oct or nov 91 on blank tapes, no track listing! I had to get that later.

But when I look at the list of albums I got my hands on that year in 1991 it’s ridiculous. Maybe the golden era for rock music. I had some original cassettes but mostly blank copies of the following albums released in 91:

Use your illusion 1 - GnR

Use your illusion 2 - GnR

1916 - Motorhead 

Uncle Anesthesia - Screaming Trees

Nevermind - Nirvana

Recurring - Spacemen 3

Green Mind - Dinosaur Jr

Out of Time - REM

The Real Ramona - Throwing Muses

Goat - Jesus Lizard

Gothic - Paradise Lost

Spiderland - Slint

Arise - Sepultura

Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog

God Fodder - Neds Atomic Dustbin

Gish - Smashing Pumpkins

13 point program to destroy America - The Nation of Ulysses 

Baby teeth - Therapy?

Every good boy deserves fudge - Mudhoney

To mother - Babes in toyland

steady diet of nothing - Fugazi

Blue lines - Massive attack

Black album - Metallica

III - Sebadoh 

Ten - Pearl Jam

Just for a day - Slowdive

Screamadelica - Primal Scream

Trompe le monde- The Pixies

Badmotorfinger - Soundgarden

Blood sugar sex magik - Red hot chilli peppers

Raise - Swervedriver

Weld - Neil Young

No pocky for kitty - Superchunk

Loveless - My Bloody Valentine

Into the great wide open - tom petty

That’s a ridiculous amount of brilliant albums in the year or 1991. There’s a lot more I haven’t listed, demos, live bootlegs, other official releases. But there was so much good music at that time it was hard to keep up.... 

I know every generation says the music they grew up with was better than “the sh&t the kids listen to nowadays,” but I’m about your age (I was 11 in ‘91), and for our generation it’s absolutely true!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

My dream is for Gnr to make a Netflix deal for a 10 part series of the perfect crime. 

My dream is for the legendary 2002 GNR lineup to get back together and re-record the Use Your Illusion albums in their entirety. That's my dream!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1