07/10/22 - Milan, IT - San Siro

alfierose

On 7/9/2022 at 8:48 PM, klakly said:

In Italy many concerts also start at 9 or 9:30 pm.
The curfew I think is around 11:30 p.m., so even if they were 1 hour late it would fall within the 2.5 hours of like in Munich.

They played a little over 2hrs 40 minutes tonight...

SETLIST:

Start: 8:03(ish) End: 10:50(ish)

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle
Slither
Double Talkin Jive
Walk All Over You
Reckless Life
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog - Duff
Absurd
Hard Skool
Civil War
Band Introduction
Slash Guitar Solo
Sweet Child O' Mine
Better
November Rain
Witchita Lineman
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:

Blackbird/Patience
Don't Cry
Paradise City

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slash78 said:

The stage is setup on the wide side of the stadium, so i guess the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.Probably maximum 40k ppl tonight.Axl's weak voice and the lack of new music are having an affect on the ticket sales.Soon, GN'R will only be playing in max 12k seats arenas.

The stage is usually set up in this location at the san siro.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avahland said:

Next show will be in Vienna....the place where they played The General in a club.
It's about time to play it in a stadium !

I'd kill for any piece of new music. Overplayed literally every single song from their catalogue (leaks included)

16 minutes ago, klakly said:

It started earlier, around 7:55 p.m., and ended about 10:50 a.m.

It was just short of 3 hours.

Axl seemed happy, smiling at the crowd and mostly doing well.

I heard a little bit of trouble in the end of Mr.Browstone and a little bit in LALD.

From what I was reading I thought much worse, instead you could see that he was trying to adapt when he realized he couldn't make it, but he also often brought out his rasp and baritone voice here and there.

Slash, my favorite, to my ear was flawless.

In the end, it was the 1st time for me to see them live, and it was a good show imho.

👍

15 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

What an Amazing night.

Don't have anything to complain about.

Good setlist, Good voice, Good Mood, Great musicians, stadium packed, people went Crazy from the beginning to the end of the show.

They're the best ones. Ever.

👍

Glad you both got to see them - looked awesome in the San Siro. How was Reckless Life?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

👍

👍

Sono contento che entrambi li abbiate visti - sembravano fantastici a San Siro. Com'era la vita sconsiderata?

Pretty good.
It had a few cracks, but all in all it was good.
I noticed that when he realized he wasn't getting there with the help he made up for it with the baritone in the next phrase right away.
Anyway, I'm not a singer or an expert, but the impression I got is that he gets to the notes, it's just that sometimes he lacks sustain from the breath imho

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of all the songs they should bring back, Street Of Dreams is definitely not one of them...

It's kinda cool they brought it back for a few shows, but Axl and Slash both sounded awful on it.

Really don’t want to see this one back with the potential voice problems it could cause Axl. Hoping they narrow down the hard songs with time. Don’t Cry being in the encore over Coma is a good start.

11 hours ago, slash78 said:

The stage is setup on the wide side of the stadium, so i guess the crowds are getting smaller and smaller.Probably maximum 40k ppl tonight.Axl's weak voice and the lack of new music are having an affect on the ticket sales.Soon, GN'R will only be playing in max 12k seats arenas.

Lmao 🤦‍♂️

12 hours ago, slash78 said:

Tough economy worldwide, which can be attributed to a lot of things. Never mind that the band has always commanded premium ticket prices since the reunion.

They will always be a big draw, but crowd sizes will fluctuate due to economic factors.