If It was Officially Over

If There was an official announcement from Axl or the band that there will never be another album, would you still visit this forum frequently? 
I find myself coming to this site probably weekly on the of chance there may be some sort of news or leak or interview I may have missed and I must admit being a member for so long I do enjoy talking to other members of the forum. 
But Im just curious, as to what people visit this forum primarily for? Is it the friendships? The off chance something might drop? Both? 

I mostly visit this site now to chat other stuff- vinyl, politics etc. I don't realistically expect new music. The days of the 2006 leaks (which was a FANTASTIC time) are long gone. The last excitement like that was the Chairman, but that felt like emptying the tank. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yes, a lot of people on here already treat it that way.

True I guess. But I remember previous dark periods and then getting news on the reunion and thinking if you hang in long enough something always eventually happens 🤣so you just hang in there... it’s a great forum for meeting people and I guess I’d probably still turn up! 😎

20 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

If There was an official announcement from Axl or the band that there will never be another album, would you still visit this forum frequently? 
I find myself coming to this site probably weekly on the of chance there may be some sort of news or leak or interview I may have missed and I must admit being a member for so long I do enjoy talking to other members of the forum. 
But Im just curious, as to what people visit this forum primarily for? Is it the friendships? The off chance something might drop? Both? 

I would still come. As people know, I enjoy writing about the history of the band and will continue to do so for as long as new interviews are published or unearthed. And I will come here to follow discussions and post. I also spend some time in the Anything Goes section.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

True I guess. But I remember previous dark periods and then getting news on the reunion and thinking if you hang in long enough something always eventually happens 🤣so you just hang in there... it’s a great forum for meeting people and I guess I’d probably still turn up! 😎

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I would still come. As people know, I enjoy writing about the history of the band and will continue to do so for as long as new interviews are published or unearthed. And I will come here to follow discussions and post. I also spend some time in the Anything Goes section.

Yeah, I like coming here, and a few other places on the site, and I still love the band. I'm just not sure that everyone feels that way, based on a lot of the comments that I have seen here, and a few other places. I just feel like I might be in the minority.

Yeah I'd still come, in the hope of leaks, chat about things I didn't know etc. Quite a few laughs to be had too! 

I think maybe, and I hate saying this, that the time has come to officially knock the band on the head, if there is no new music. I don't really want to see them touring the same set into oblivion getting older and older. 

• Thanks 1

I barely read this forum these days but that has nothing to do with GnR. There are a lot of band forums that are very active even though the band has been over for decades and nothing ever happens. There's always stuff to talk about.

But I don't read the GnR sections often because I find this place very toxic with a lot of the same posters making the same complaint over and over in every thread expressing how disappointed they are with the band and how much they suck right now. It gets old.

I used to read the non GnR section on here and it used to be good for a few laughs but that place is pretty much dead right now with very little activity.

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's not over til the fat lady sings. Once Axl dies things will pickup a bit of momentum cause TB will milk the vault.

I'll probably use the forum, at least a bit, for as long as downzy keeps it running.

I fully anticipate more "GNR" albums after Axl kicks it than he produced while living.  Count on it.

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I fully anticipate more "GNR" albums after Axl kicks it than he produced while living.  Count on it.

Would it be possible for Axl to prevent this in an anticipation of such actions occurring after he dies? I don't know how control of the "vault" works. All of the studios probably have anything that was recorded in a quality suitable for release anyways, so perhaps Axl doesn't even have rights/ability to it to delete anything. 

Just now, Sweersa said:

Would it be possible for Axl to prevent this in an anticipation of such actions occurring after he dies? I don't know how control of the "vault" works. All of the studios probably have anything that was recorded in a quality suitable for release anyways, so perhaps Axl doesn't even have rights/ability to it to delete anything. 

I guess he could, by physically destroying everything he has stored up, but the most likely scenario is that it passes to his estate, along with all his property. 

I'm sure there might be something he could put in his will though, but whether that would be a legal obligation or simply a request, I'd have no idea. 

I  think it's more likely than not that when he sadly passes the floodgates would open, but whether the time and effort would go into making any posthumous release a quality product is anyone's guess........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

I would greatly reduce my trips here if there wasn’t going to be a new album. I think the iPhone makes it convenient to come here, too. 

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It's like watching a netflix series with 10 seasons. You don't stop watching in season 9 although the show sucks since season 7.

That's exactly how I felt about Sons of Anarchy. The last few seasons were torture but I really wanted to finish the series. 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's not over til the fat lady sings. Once Axl dies things will pickup a bit of momentum cause TB will milk the vault.

I'll probably use the forum, at least a bit, for as long as downzy keeps it running.

By the time Axl dies the music in the vault and I don’t think there is much in the way of new music won’t be a hot commodity. Maybe akin to Led Zeppelin’s Coda. I just don’t see a huge demand for whatever is In the vault 20 years from now.