Look Away documentary - #MeToo Axl Rose / Steven Tyler

They are airing a documentary about the sexual abuse of women by rockstars during the 70s and 80s - Axl Rose, Steven Tyler are name checked. It premiers in the UK on September 13th. It's being linked to the MeToo movement. From what I can find out, it is nothing that isn't already in the public domain, nothing we don't already know about Axl. 

'Sheila Kennedy is another woman featured in the documentary, speaking about an experience with Axl Rose in the late 1980s when she was 18. Kennedy was a Penthouse "Pet of the Year" and says she was invited back to a party at a hotel suite with the star. She accuses of him of physically abuse - grabbing her hair and dragging her - before they had sex.'

https://news.sky.com/story/steven-tyler-axl-rose-and-lots-and-lots-of-others-rock-stars-and-the-abuse-hidden-in-plain-sight-12403960

Yes, Sheila Kennedy has told her story before:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3430098/Former-Penthouse-Pet-Year-live-lover-Bob-Guccione-tells-drugged-Axl-Rose-grabbed-hair-dragged-carpet-tied-hands-sex-said-sorry.html

She has also released a book that contains parts of the story that she didn't include in the interview.

5 minutes ago, siraddam said:

It's strange how Axl has always kind of got a free pass when it comes to this kind of behaviour.  It rarely gets mentioned. 

Rarely? I wouldn't say so, at least in regards to rock guys. Axl and Steven Tyler are usually the ones that are mentioned in stories involving rock stars, although there are many other stories.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It doesn't really matter, but in the dailymail article it says she was 53 in 2016, that would, when she was 18 when it happened, make the incident with Axl 1981? Wut

In her book she says she was born in 1962, so same age as Axl. It's obviously a mistake of the documentary summary.

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Sounds intentional to me to make the story more "dramatic" by making her 18, when they were both 25 at least.

Yes, maybe because the documentary focuses on rock stars exploiting underage girls, and 18 is just close. Unless she told them herself she was 18 then - which would be curious, since in her book she stresses that she doesn't lie about her age.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, maybe because the documentary focuses on rock stars exploiting underage girls, and 18 is just close. Unless she told them herself she was 18 then - which would be curious, since in her book she stresses that she doesn't lie about her age.

I had a look at the article and I think they just mixed it up with when she met Bob Guccione. That's when she was 18.

Interesting how it always takes about 3 decades to come out with this (and in no way am I advocating any such kind of behaviour; as Bill Burr said, these men should be buried under the prison). 
Oh well, they got the actors and voice actors, now the PC establishment is coming for the rock stars. They'd have to lock up pretty much all of them, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Rarely? I wouldn't say so, at least in regards to rock guys. Axl and Steven Tyler are usually the ones that are mentioned in stories involving rock stars, although there are many other stories.

In today's world, I think he's one campaign away from a cancellation.

I think that's why he publicly embraces left wing politics and anti-Trump etc.  He wants to associate with that side of the fence to reduce the risk of being targeted.

It wasn't long ago he attacked the moderator of this site with a misogynistic, homophobic rant which included slurs such as:

• loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt
  • angry lesbian
  • ho defenders
  • bitch bois

I think he's incredibly lucky Madison didn't go to the press with that, and I think it would be a story of interest today.

Edited by Pele
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl got a lot of bad press back in the early 90’s, such as being a multiple women abuser on the cover of People magazine. He’s been pretty damn lucky with his past behaviors considering the last few years. I think already being considered a crazy fuck rock singer has helped him in that regard, but it won’t be enough if somebody really wanted to bring him down. See Manson for example. 

3 hours ago, Pele said:

In today's world, I think he's one campaign away from a cancellation.

I think that's why he publicly embraces left wing politics and anti-Trump etc.  He wants to associate with that side of the fence to reduce the risk of being targeted.

It wasn't long ago he attacked the moderator of this site with a misogynistic, homophobic rant which included slurs such as:

• loud mouthed, arrogant c*nt
  • angry lesbian
  • ho defenders
  • bitch bois

I think he's incredibly lucky Madison didn't go to the press with that, and I think it would be a story of interest today.

Yes his current politics will definitely help soften the blow of and when the woke crowd attacks him like they did to Manson 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Axl got a lot of bad press back in the early 90’s, such as being a multiple women abuser on the cover of People magazine. He’s been pretty damn lucky with his past behaviors considering the last few years. I think already being considered a crazy fuck rock singer has helped him in that regard, but it won’t be enough if somebody really wanted to bring him down. See Manson for example. 

Yes, he indeed got a lot of negative press back then (so it's not accurate to say that he "got away with it" as far as that goes).

I think the #me too accusations that have big repercussions for the people involved are either about abuse that happened relatively recently (like in Manson's case) or, when they are about abuse that happened decades ago, it isn't something that was publicly known, so it's a "revelation." In Axl's case there is neither of that, since there haven't been allegations about him having done something in the last 25 years and the old allegations are well known.

Edited by Blackstar

So there are lots of stories about lots of other big names but they can’t tell us about them - only (it seems) about the already known Axl and Steven Tyler stories, yet again. 

How is that helping to bring anything to light in this industry? 

Just fucking go for it and tell us the other shit we don’t know. 

If it’s the truth how can it be squashed by power and money? It didn’t help Weinstein in the end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martin Riggs said:

sub-buzz-12027-1465409500-2.jpg?output-q